India in England/Ireland/Scotland

If india can get a lead off 100 will be difficult i know but that would be good. India would not want to chase 200+. Most of us thought it was going to be a batting dominated series. Day 1 was day 2 was ball. Would be good if day 3 when india bat then bat wins

This is what I don't understand - Jaffer does pretty well in difficult conditions yet is criticised, Karthik fails to brave the storm (which Jaffer managed to do) and yet there's scant reference to it. This blatant favouritism shows exactly the problem with fans judging selection. Obviously nobody is completely neutral (although I am perfect in judgement ;), but seriously, see: Cook)but fans often get caught up by the flavour of the month. Incidentally I am not just talking about Indian fans - England too...
No, it was a good innings. Better than Karthik whom I've still not forgiven - that s.o.b. The ball was hit friggin straight at him....anyway, I digress. The point was that once you get a start which Jaffer did, there's no point just blocking everything else. Take advantage of the fact that you've got to 50. He had settled in and he should've put the bad balls away. Quite a few half volleys weren't punished. He could've easily got 80 instead of 50 which is what's annoying.

I believe that instead of breaking up, this pitch will flatten out so it's not the worst thing to be batting last.

Its amazing how similar most of the Indian fans think !
The moment we force the opposition batting to collapse, we start worrying about our batting !
England did not throw their wickets away and the mode of dismissal was mainly bowled and LBW .

We all said before the match that Sreesanth could be devastating at times but a few here thought that he was no better than the West Indian pacers whom they had thrashed recently.
Zaheer mpicking up KP was the moment yesterday.

Coming back to the Indian batting, Tendulkar got out just when he was looking comfortable. Jaffer was atrocious after getting his 50 and scored just8 runs in the last 90 mins.
Had he batted a bit more freely, we could`ve scored 20 runs more yesterday.

It will be interesting to see RP bat today as we can clearly see that he wants today his shots. If he can get us an entertaining 20-odd and frustrate the English bowlers, that would lift the spirits of the rest of the batsmen.
But I expect Monty to get RP.
VVS will be the key and so will MSD if he can get quick runs.

A great day ahead of us !

I know we have trouble getting the tail out but Tremlett may trouble them with his bounce. India bat all the way down so it will be interesting.

I know we have trouble getting the tail out but Tremlett may trouble them with his bounce. India bat all the way down so it will be interesting.

We have quite a long tail, Will !
Its funny how both sets of supporters in this forum are quite happy to stay pessimistic !!

Last edited:
Laxman doesn't play bounce to well so Tremlett may cause him problems.
Panesar looked nervous yesterday probably because he was bowling to his idol Tendulkar but with him out he should bowl better today.

that was a good day of Cricket, yesterday!
Nice to see ball win over bat for once! Classic test cricket, that.
I'm proud of the seamers comeback. Zaheer did well under pressure and the utter confusion and Sree well to finish it off.

Ganguly looked atrotious. Dropped like a gazillion times in such a short innings, almost got RP run out. He looked good! Timed it crisply, ran well. Very good stuff. If he can grind out 20 or 30 then that should frustrate the England bowlers well.
He looks more comfortable than dada.
This is turning out to be a good test. If the conditions stay the same and India can manage a lead of even 80-120 or 140, then game on!
pitch is crumbling. Kumble will be leathel as the match goes on. The longer India bats, the better. Delaying Englands innings and allowing Kumble to bowl in a good pitch.
Will be tough to bat on the last day, and if Monty fires, then we should have a tough time.
Game on, mates. Game on.

Laxman doesn't play bounce to well so Tremlett may cause him problems.
Panesar looked nervous yesterday probably because he was bowling to his idol Tendulkar but with him out he should bowl better today.

Laxman not good against bounce ?? Have you not seen much of him.
He has 3 hundreds in Australia and 6 in total against them.
And it bounces quite a bit in Australia and they have decent fast bowlers better than Tremlett.

Having said that, Tremlett may get him first ball but to say that Laxman does not play the bouncing ball well in incorrect.
I would go as far to say that he is the best hooker/puller of the ball other than Dravid (in the Indian team).

The problem with him is that he can be an impulsive hooker at times.
Another of Laxman`s problems is that his footwork is very lethargic at the start of the innings , similar to Jaffer.
If he gets through that , he can be quite solid.

A lead of 140. I would not mine that hapining but i doubt it would. India still got batting left and if tail wags and of course batters click. India will be in a good position

We have quite a long tail, Will !
Its funny how both sets of supporters in this forum are quite happy to stay pssimistic !!

RP can bat, Kumble can bat, Sreesanth can bat, Khan can bat.

We don't bowl tails out.

I have every reason to be pessimistic :p

that was a good day of Cricket, yesterday!
Nice to see ball win over bat for once! Classic test cricket, that.
I'm proud of the seamers comeback. Zaheer did well under pressure and the utter confusion and Sree well to finish it off.

Ganguly looked atrotious. Dropped like a gazillion times in such a short innings, almost got RP run out.

Was Ganguly dropped?

I fell asleep :p

If india can get a lead off 100 will be difficult i know but that would be good. India would not want to chase 200+. Most of us thought it was going to be a batting dominated series. Day 1 was day 2 was ball. Would be good if day 3 when india bat then bat wins

A lead of 140. I would not mine that hapining but i doubt it would. India still got batting left and if tail wags and of course batters click. India will be in a good position

You've added 40 runs without any play yet :p

Who else just saw that advert :D

Last edited:
The advert has been out for a long time but only now have they dared to show it in England. To be honest, I think it is not too bad.

What i meant to say is that someone wrote 140 lead maybe. I was replying to that.

The advert has been out for a long time but only now have they dared to show it in England. To be honest, I think it is not too bad.

I've seen it done plenty of times with football but first time I've seen that kind of advert for cricket.

I've seen it done plenty of times with football but first time I've seen that kind of advert for cricket.
I think the concept is quite funny, but a bit unrealistic.

You just know that Sreesanth would get out of his car and start playing on top of the cars :p

Anyway...back to the cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread