India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Well its surprising that India have not yet lost by now. I was in class for more than an hour and I thought by the time my class ended, India would be doner and dusted.

Come on rain! Please save us here. But still, I am impressed with Dhoni's innings of 76*. Good display of fighting abilities when everyone was criticising him for not displaying it.

Had India eaten more into the England first innings total, this could have been a classic match. It still is one of the most high quality test matches seen, but not a classic. The difference here in this test match is DRAVID's failure according to me.

Experts say the rain is now set for the day..

even if there is no more play, England have a lot of positives to take out of this match..

mainly bowling out this supposedly great battling line up with out reserve bowlers..

If we have swinging conditons for the rest of the series India will struggle.

Getting far forward or not, it wasn't going over the stumps and never looked like it. Oh well, decisions go for and against you and they even themselves out.

By missing off stump, I believe he thought it was spinning too much.

Am I the only Indian who is annoyed by these Indian fans who always cry out for rain when our team has been thoroughly outplayed? What a disgraceful way to save a match. I do understand that the weather plays a role in these things, but India really deserve to lose, purely because the famed Indian (and ageing) batsmen cannot cope up with swing and seam after *years* of international cricket experience and previous tours to England. Especially Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid and Laxman. These golden oldies ought to retire and leave the game to the next generation... and the audacity with which the commentators demand that Zaheer Khan and RP Singh play more sensibly when the game has been lost by the top 5 batsmen (Jaffer, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman)!! Things will never change, it seems. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. I was about to delete it myself. Poor internet connectivity.

Last edited:
Am I the only Indian who is annoyed by these Indian fans who always cry out for rain when our team has been thoroughly outplayed? What a disgraceful way to save a match. I do understand that the weather plays a role in these things, but India really deserve to lose, purely because the famed Indian (and ageing) batsmen cannot cope up with swing and seam after *years* of international cricket experience and previous tours to England. Especially Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid and Laxman. These golden oldies ought to retire and leave the game to the next generation... and the audacity with which the commentators demand that Zaheer Khan and RP Singh play more sensibly when the game has been lost by the top 5 batsmen (Jaffer, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman)!! Things will never change, it seems. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that. I was about to delete it myself. Poor internet connectivity.

Its never satisfying to save a game in this manner but to be fair India have been denied by the rain in the past. They cancel out in the end.

Any chance of play though?

Really? I thought it was clattering into middle and off.

Looks like the rain has thwarted England again.
Indeed it has, but unlike the West Indies series, the rain may cost England the series.

@ harishankar. Yes, it's not ideal that we have to pray for rain to save the match. However, as an Indian fan I'll always want India to get the best out of the situation. I'm sure fans of other countries will concur too. Ideally, it'd be great if India won it or drew it by playing out time, but I'd rather rain washes it out rather than India lose. Any day, nevermind how they've performed.

Its not that hard, is it?
I know it's sarcasm, but I'm bored.

380 would be the 4th highest target chased to win in Tests, the 2nd highest ever by India and the highest to win at Lords. It is also the equal 14th highest target set at Lords and the 37th highest set against India.

The highest ever 10th wicket partnership is 151. The highest 10th wicket partnership for India is 133. The highest at Lords is 83. The highest at Lords for India is 63.

Obviously, without knowing that, it would be interesting and well in England's favour if play were to get started, but it might be safe to say an Indian win is plausible, if unlikely. It's definitely standing as a memorable game, albeit one I'm sure many of us wouldn't particularly like to be at.

I do understand that the weather plays a role in these things, but India really deserve to lose, purely because the famed Indian (and ageing) batsmen cannot cope up with swing and seam after *years* of international cricket experience and previous tours to England. Especially Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid and Laxman.

They did get good starts, but failed to convert. But in a way I agree, India's batsmen should have done better against England's reserve bowlers, who are let's get real, good County bowlers....the Zaheer Khan types.

The match has been abandoned as a draw, how frustrating and disappointing to know that England were only 1 wicket away from victory! I think it is kind of pathetic with the match so close to an end, the light was massively similar to that of the Norfolk game and they were still playing when I left.

Then again, if I had been on the other side, an Indian fan, I would have been delighted. I would have got away with murder!

We can all look to Trent Bridge on Friday now, they spoke to someone from there on Test Match Special today and he said there have been lots of problems with the weather this season, but he promised they would do everything possible to get he 2nd test going. I hope so!

What makes me laugh is how bright it is at Lord's now! Watching Sky Sports, the covers are off and the light seems good outside. Good enough for play for me!

Mahendra Dhoni surprised me with the nature of his innings. I didn't think much of him in a comfortable situation, but when he has his back against the wall and his team needs him to stay there he does it. Very admirable.

Users who are viewing this thread