India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I doubt there will be play today.
The water table seems to be very high and that does not sound good for the rest of the test as well.
One team will have to play real bad cricket to lose this match and I fully believe that the Indians can still go on to lose the test in 3 days if the conditions are bowler friendly.

Maybe. But I think its because the England batsmen have batted better than Indian batsmen.(against both spin and swing)
They didn't bat all that better. England's lower order performed pretty poorly. You could take a look at a mini-analysis on couch potato.

Play due to start in a few minutes, could be a pretty crucial spell this in determining whether India get a result. Good use of the conditions and England could feasibly be in trouble, although if India's bowlers bowl like they did on the first day at Lords, England could get a much needed positive start. Ali Cook must be due a score in this series soon? (I have no doubt promptly cued a first baller :p )

They didn't bat all that better. England's lower order performed pretty poorly. You could take a look at a mini-analysis on couch potato.

There wasn't a massive difference between the batting ranks. But I think ours were better albeit not by a massive amount, after all our batsman put the runs on the board that made it possible for the attempt at victory.

Strauss gone early. He has a big problem driving, way too short to drive. Despite a couple of decent knocks of late, he has too many technical issues for my liking. Those being.

1) Driving
2) Falling over when driving through mid-on, and often missing the ball with the bat at an angle.
3) Spin

Vaughan gone now. This is going to be another thrilling match. Good start by Zaheer Khan, 150 test wickets now.

Pietersen out lbw, now I'm not sure on the statistics but I don't think that has happened much during his test career. We're in a little bit of trouble here, but Collingwood and Cook are two of the best players in our side who can slowly but surely get us out of a hole.

EDIT:That Cook lbw appeal looked very, very close!

EDIT 2: 7 times Pietersen has been out LBW in test cricket, I thought it would be less than that as he usually gets his leg a long way forward.

Last edited:
Both weren't out. The first one was clearly going over the stumps and the second one was one of the most ridiculous appeals i've ever seen; It practically pitched outside leg stump on yorker length.

Pietersen has real problems with left armers swinging in to him. If we can make 200 then we are in the game; Sadly, and it's not Trent Bridge's fault, but once again Nottingham seem to have produced a 'win the toss, win the game' pitch.

Both weren't out. The first one was clearly going over the stumps and the second one was one of the most ridiculous appeals i've ever seen; It practically pitched outside leg stump on yorker length.
Your right on the 2nd one, but that first one was clipping the top of the stumps according to hawkeye. It was a good decision by the umpire but to be honest it could have gone either way.

maybe..but wait till India haveto bat...

this pitch has been under covers all week..add to that the overcast conditons..

any half decent bowler "should" get wkts in these conditions..

Yup, two contentious LBW decisions though. Above the knee roll and he was a foot outside his crease. I thought umpires took note of where the knee roll was, I was always taught that if it's above the knee roll chances are it'll go over the top, and it's normally the case. Oh well, they even themselves out eventually, just might mean that we don't get enough runs and it effects the match in that way.

Edit:

As Eddie has said, this is bowler friendly, 200 we need to aim for, unless our bowlers hit the spot from ball one.

England already five down and only 109 runs scored. If England somehow loses the match it will be cause of the performance on this day.

England aren't batting badly..the conditions are so good for bowling that even Ganguly looks dangerous ..lol

If conditions stay like this for the duration of the match, Inida aren't gona make many runs either..

Users who are viewing this thread