India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I would take Hotspot over the Snickometer, it looks more accurate as you can actually see the point of contact rather than just guessing that the sound was the ball hitting the bat.

The weather seems to have held itself up over the last few days, hopefully we will get some decent play at Trent Bridge tomorrow. I will be going up to Nottingham on Saturday evening, staying in a hotel and seeing days 3, 4 and 5!

The weather seems to have held itself up over the last few days, hopefully we will get some decent play at Trent Bridge tomorrow. I will be going up to Nottingham on Saturday evening, staying in a hotel and seeing days 3, 4 and 5!

Ahhh you lucky git.
Well I hope you enjoy yourelf very much! :p

I would take Hotspot over the Snickometer, it looks more accurate as you can actually see the point of contact rather than just guessing that the sound was the ball hitting the bat.

Wow, sounds like fun!
Are you staying in the same hotel as the cricketers? If you are that really does add to the fun, even if your team loses. You get to sit with them and everything, hours together :p

Crucial days of play too. Hopefully, you should be in the prime seat to see Kumble rip apart the English batting order...:p

You don't have to guess Skatey, it's fairly obvious if you're using snicko that it's probably come off something near the edge ;) Also different shaped bars on snicko means it's hitting different parts of the body/bat. I was maybe overly harsh and yes there's probably a point to the hotspot technology but they overuse it massively when a simple snicko or high motion cam would do the job with far less fuss.

Nah you are right Puddle, there isn't actually any point to Hotspot other than for commentators to over use it and force me to reach for my dab radio and put BBC Radio 5 Live on!

You don't have to guess Skatey, it's fairly obvious if you're using snicko that it's probably come off something near the edge ;) Also different shaped bars on snicko means it's hitting different parts of the body/bat. I was maybe overly harsh and yes there's probably a point to the hotspot technology but they overuse it massively when a simple snicko or high motion cam would do the job with far less fuss.

Yep, I admit, Sky Sports overuse Hotspot massively, sometimes to just show if the ball has come off the middle of the bat or not. Keep it to edges I say!

A couple of years ago, my Norfolk side did one of those fielding displays during Lunch at a Test Match at Lords, we stayed dead close to the ground and the morning on the second day, I saw David Llyod having breakfast in our hotel, so I went over and had a chat. Really nice bloke.

The weather forecast does not look good. Looks good for Fri, Sat but rain, rain and more rain for Sun, Mon, and maybe even Tue. My bet is for another draw. Luky if we can get 2 full innings. This year's summer just stinks.

The weather will play a part almost certainly. The ground has had a stupid amount of water and they've had to pump out 2M litres of stuff from the outfield.

It's going to be a draw unless someone folds like one of those nice little chairs you can carry around with you.

There's supposed to be a lot of swing and good assistance for spin at trent bridge...hopefully good for kumble (the spin part) and india's bowlers that rely on swing.

Last edited:
There's supposed to be a lot of swing and good assistance for spin at trent bridge...hopefully good for kumble (the spin part) and india's bowlers that rely on swing.

yes but i must say that England are better tha India in evey part of the bowling deprtment, maye it be swing, pace orm spin. So although india might have some successon that pitch, England will probably be licking their lips at this ptch as well. :p

Fully agreed.
They are just trying to promote it more than anything when we know what is does!

yes totally agree, i remember one when they boasted about Vaughn played a leg glance and they went over for 10 minutes...:sleep

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread