India in England/Ireland/Scotland

We've been dominant at home for a while; It's no shame at all to be beaten in England. Unless you're Australian.

It should have floods, since it's the 'Home of Cricket'! I'm sick of our chances being ruined by bad light! There's no excuse for Lords not having floodlights.

I'm aware that the red ball isn't easy to see under floodlights, but surely there has to be a solution, a hi-vis red ball, brighter red or something like that. We can't do anything about rain, but surely bad light can be tackled somehow.

Also, do you remember a few years back when England beat Pakistan in Pakistan? It was almost pitch dark and still they played on.

That was different in Karachi (iirc), as the batsmen were offered the light but refused it. That probably wouldn't happen now as the umpires would deem that too unfit for the fielding team.

That was different in Karachi (iirc), as the batsmen were offered the light but refused it. That probably wouldn't happen now as the umpires would deem that too unfit for the fielding team

...and for themsevles since the safety of the umpires is now also part of the rules.

Bucknor allowed play to continue to make up for the time that the Pakistani's had tried to waste to slow down time.

Well Dravid's decision was bad, as were many others, so really people need to get over it.

With LBW's, benefit goes towards the batsman. The only LBW decisions that should be frowned upon are when batsmen get given out when the ball wasn't hitting the stumps. Not giving a wicket is purely doubt, hence the umpire is doing his job properly. If the bowler didn't convince the umpire that it was out, then he doesn't deserve the wicket, get back to his mark and try again.

Every sport is judged by human umpires and referees. It's a part of sport.

If we had Hawkeye and hot spot that gave everything that was clipping leg stump etc. teams would be getting bowled out for 100 time and time again.

Why are the Sky commentary team obsessed with hotspot? We don't need to see it a thousand times when we can see in broad daylight that it didn't hit the bat anyway!!

It's overkill for sure.

It missed the bat did it? I couldn't tell what with the 2-3 inches of gap between bat and pad. It actually get's on my nerves as it seems to be used on every single decision/little thing.

It's overkill for sure.

It missed the bat did it? I couldn't tell what with the 2-3 inches of gap between bat and pad. It actually get's on my nerves as it seems to be used on every single decision/little thing.

Yeah, they do overdo it, it was interesting when they first started using it, but now it is getting a bit repetitive and needless. Besides, I fancy myself as a bit of an umpire :p, all you need is the full speed replay and I will know if it is out or not :p

What's Hot Spot exactly? I know Hawk-Eye, but can't seem to place 'Hot Spot'.

It's where they use infa-red thermal camera's or something to detect heat. I'm not exactly sure, I just wish they'd stop overdoing it.

It's blimin' useless. Using either the ultra motion camera or snicko was far more useful.

What's Hot Spot exactly? I know Hawk-Eye, but can't seem to place 'Hot Spot'.

I quite like the technology. When there is contact between two different bodies, heat is produced, which can be detected using the thermal sensitive cameras.

I think its far more conclusive and accurate than the Snickometer.

Well Snickometer says upon the Dhoni appeal to flick the bat and well as the arm but Hot Spot says that it didn't hit the bat at all.
I feel hot spot is a bit overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread