India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I'd say we're a better swing bowling unit than India, but spin is debatable. Whilst Monty has made a brilliant impact in international cricket, he's got another year to go before I will start picking him over someone as proven as Anil Kumble.

Going by photos from Cricinfo and the articles, we may well have a delayed start tomorrow, if at all we play. It might be a field day tomorrow for Puddleduck (puns galore).

yes but i must say that England are better tha India in evey part of the bowling deprtment, maye it be swing, pace orm spin. So although india might have some successon that pitch, England will probably be licking their lips at this ptch as well. :p

well, even without hoggard, england is better, but not by much in the swing department imo. And in spin, India's superior with Kumble.

I'm going to throw my hat onto the fire and say that in England (those last two words are crucial to the point), England have a better spin attack. As for swing? Ours is better. I think in Sidebottom he will be the most consistent (accuracy wise) swing bowler. It's quite unusual in that there's probably only one bowler who isn't a swing bowler (Tremlett). Or at least he is the only one who doesn't get swing when the conditions allow (though he got a bit at Lords).

I'm going to throw my hat onto the fire and say that in England (those last two words are crucial to the point), England have a better spin attack.

Maybe. But I think its because the England batsmen have batted better than Indian batsmen.(against both spin and swing)

Maybe. But I think its because the England batsmen have batted better than Indian batsmen.(against both spin and swing)

Well, I don't think you can say that. India had to bat in moist conditions on day two while England had a flat track for the first part of their first innings. The performances in the second innings were about equal too.

I don't think India have played horribly....
We've had sessions where we've been owning, and sessions in which we've been owned. The first innings was a horrible display of batting, though, but you have to take in consideration the conditions and the amount of swing Anderson and Sidebutt were getting.
The Indian bowlers, for the bulk of their bowling turn, didn't have as much 'pro-swing' conditions as England did.
So i'm not seeing why everyone is putting England on top of India here...

So i'm not seeing why everyone is putting England on top of India here...
Because they've played better in recent tests, including the first of this series, and they're playing at home in conditions that suit them better than India.

No chance of starting at 12, Lee.

The Water Table is very high so the water on the top of the ground has no where to go. If we can have plenty of sunshine, especially at it's strongest (Ie, now) then we might get play at 3ish. Maybe a bit before.

The forecast for today and tomorrow isn't too bad for Nottingham. Sunday might be light rain, but there is a chance those could be just showers. Monday should be blue skies and warm, while Tuesday should cloudy with breaks of sunshine and really warm.

Users who are viewing this thread