India in England/Ireland/Scotland

thats said England as causing their openers all sort of problems..they are beating the bat a lot..

and their openers outscored their middle order in last match.lol

Nevertheless, India have been the stronger side in every session of the match so far, so full credit to them. Maintain that initiative and England will be under an avalanche of pressure.

I will not be too happy yet, as there is a long way to safety in this test.
Has been a good start for sure.
Our openers need to rub it in a bit more and that`ll help ease our middle-order to a decent position.

I'm hoping above hope that England can repeat what they did in Durban to turn around this match. Sadly though, I can't see Strauss and Cook putting on 200+ for the first wicket.

the weather is owning.. not India..

and the ball is beating the bat 2-3 times per over still, India probly wouldn't have made 150 batting in yesterdays conditions..

and the ball is beating the bat 2-3 times per over still, India probly wouldn't have made 150 batting in yesterdays conditions..

Maybe its partly true, but despite the weather you`ve got to bowl well to get wickets especially against an English lineup that was scoring hundreds for fun against the Windies.
Not that the West Indians were bowling under bad bowling conditions either.

It is not as if India do not know to bat in seaming conditions. We scored 600+ on a green Headingly track batting first in 2002.

The weather forecast isn't teriffic for tomorrow. Perhaps England can escape with a draw. (In the same fashion as India at Lord's)

England are bowling well..Karthik has played and missed/ edged at about 50% of his deliveries he faced..

neither batsman looks settled

I'm hoping above hope that England can repeat what they did in Durban to turn around this match. Sadly though, I can't see Strauss and Cook putting on 200+ for the first wicket.

That was exactly the game that came to my mind as well and that is why the pessimist in me makes me believe that there is a long way to go.

The weather forecast isn't teriffic for tomorrow. Perhaps England can escape with a draw. (In the same fashion as India at Lord's)

Having said that, England lost the Mohali test in 2006 with 2 days washed off.

Last edited:
It is true that the weather favoured India massively, but you still have to give them large credit for bowling well. If they would have bowled like they did on the first day at Lords then the conditions would have made no difference, and England would probably still be batting.

Heaven forbid India might actually be fielding a good team.

Yeah, the conditions might have favoured them, but it's not the conditions that get the edges and take the catches is it?

Users who are viewing this thread