India in England/Ireland/Scotland

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
By most accounts it seems that the batsmen didn't look at home. But I can't say because Star Cricket is an elusive prey for me. :mad

Seaming tracks are about the only thing that can save our little band of "pace bowlers". In fact, if you produce batting pitches, you'll more likely score more runs than us given that Stephen Harmison bowls them short.

A series win would be a bonus especially given that it's such a short series. I'm looking for some promising performances and some (happy) tearful farewells.

Whats with this "short series"? 3 tests dont seem too short to me. Zaheer is in good form, Sreesanth can do well in the test matches, and our batting line up is really experienced and in form.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whats with this "short series"? 3 tests dont seem too short to me. Zaheer is in good form, Sreesanth can do well in the test matches, and our batting line up is really experienced and in form.

A 3-test series is always short. It looks short, when played between two good teams.
Nothing much can be done though.

Sticking to the basics will do a world of good for our bowling department, but will we do it? I see only Kumble being the serious threat to the English.

pest

School Cricketer
I think England will have a edge over India they seem to be building a fairly balanced side India on the other hand seem to be unable to work out who they want and whom to get rid of. Is Dravid still the cap.? not sure what is happening over there. Sachin will need to show he has still got it.

playkid12

Club Captain
They might. They just won a series against South Africa. Dravid's been the captain for quite some time now. He started off nicely but then it slowly got worse...and then finally, the world up debacle was the low point for the team.

I personally think it'll be a good contest. The bowling department will rely on Zaheer's experience heavily and if he fails to fire, it could be problematic. It helps that he took so many wickets when he played county cricket in England to bounce back into the team. I somehow have this feeling..that Tendulkar's going to get out by Panesar atleast twice.

Indian batsmen do baaaaaaaaaaaaad against the short stuff, so that'll be funny to watch

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Indian batsmen do baaaaaaaaaaaaad against the short stuff, so that'll be funny to watch

I think they've done well to tackle this issue, at least on the Ireland tour.
Tendulkar played fire with fire, and pulled and hooked whenever he good with results.
Ganguly improved his pulling and is getting over the ball more and looks more comfortable.
Even though Rahul got out on a short one against Saf, he's always been technically sound and relativley at ease against bouncers.
Laxman (if he plays the test,which i hope he will) is a ferocious cutter and puller
Sehwag (again if he plays) is an excellent cutter.

So yeah, i don't think that will be HUGE problem, but certainly will be advantage england because they are
at home
and have more quality seam bowlers to utilize the conditions.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
3 tests is the shortest you can have and still afford to call yourself a test series, I'm afraid. The 2-test series that Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe (and sometimes New Zealand) dabble in is frustrating and useless, I feel. 3 tests is quite short. At least one test will be drawn if the sides are evenly matched, and the series may well end up with only a couple of wins. Also given that many of the days will be affected by rain...

Sehwag (again if he plays) is an excellent cutter.
I thought Sehwag was not selected?

Do India have faith in their captain?
India the country or India the team? I think the team is fully behind (but I, like everyone else here, has no idea) him. The country--well there will always be naysayers.

Last edited:

zub2005

International Coach
it all depends on how india play in english condition. they have got 2 tour games before the first test

Sureshot

Executive member
If conditions stay similar there'll be swing through the rest of the summer.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
England traditionally play 7 test matches per season - usually four against one tourist and three against another, but on special occassions like the Ashes or a visit of South Africa, two are played against another tourist and five against those.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
India the country or India the team? I think the team is fully behind (but I, like everyone else here, has no idea) him. The country--well there will always be naysayers.

the team should be behind the captain...and certain fans...but as a country, I think India has better things to worry about.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
yh...sehwag is not selected!

Didn't know.
Could i get a link to the squads please?

All I know is, I for one am fully behind Dravid and the Indian cricket team, no matter what! :) :thumbs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread