India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Nah, every run twists the dagger even further into the wounded English cricket team. They should look to bat for as much as they can.

I simply cannot believe we are about to lose at home to India of all teams. We went unbeaten against the likes of a then ranked 2nd South Africa, the dangerous if ever so inconsistent Pakistan, Aust-bloody-ralia, New Zealand, the Windies and the Lanks. Now it's all come to an end against India.

/sourgrapesrant.

India do have something like the second best win ratio of all teams outside home since 2000. Plus gone are the days when preparing greentops was a recipe for sureshot success against India for other teams. Over the last few series, that has backfired on many teams since India has quite a decent 'pace' attack nowadays.

Oh thank god! Sreesanth got out and has given us hopes on having a crack at the England batsmen. I am not much impressed with Dravid and his captaincy. Hope he retires early or gives captaincy to some one else. I havent liked Dravid as the captain.

Some people are just never happy are they?

Far be it from me to critiscize, but you've just been bowled out for over 600 away from home, guaranteeing a victory in England for the first time in donkeys years and yet you still find reason to moan? I can think of worse positions to be in.

Splendid batting from this pair.

This groundsman wants shooting. Twice. How can he prepare a picth like this for a Test that the home side had to win? Why is that English groundsman are the only ones in the world who make pitches that suit the opposite team?
Another excuse.You guys looks for excuses after bad performances.You are showing that everything goes bad with the innocent England team.

I simply cannot believe we are about to lose at home to India of all teams.

I wonder why many people fail to realise that India is a better Test playing nation than ODIs. We did suprise Aussies in Aussies with a classic victory where the series ended in a draw. I think, compared to that, the current situation is not the best one but a good one. :)

Nah, every run twists the dagger even further into the wounded English cricket team. They should look to bat for as much as they can.

I simply cannot believe we are about to lose at home to India of all teams. We went unbeaten against the likes of a then ranked 2nd South Africa, the dangerous if ever so inconsistent Pakistan, Aust-bloody-ralia, New Zealand, the Windies and the Lanks. Now it's all come to an end against India.

/sourgrapesrant.

India aren`t the worst team on earth dude. They have been far better travellers than Sri Lanka in recent times or Pakistan for that matter who struggled to bowl England out in that series.
SA are`nt the greatest sides going around in test cricket these days, especially abroad and NZ have always been a very honest trying side and not a flashy one.

Not for a moment do I suggest that we are the greatest team on earth but you must show respect to a side that has beaten Australia in a test series twice and drawn once since 1998.
Show me one side with a better TEST record against Australia since 1998.

I agree that England sorely miss Hoggie and Freddie but this is still a commendable performance.
One that Indian fans will enjoy, especially after the bitter WC 2007 memories.

Some people are just never happy are they?

Far be it from me to critiscize, but you've just been bowled out for over 600 away from home, guaranteeing a victory in England for the first time in donkeys years and yet you still find reason to moan? I can think of worse positions to be in.

There is always a scope for improvement and we want that from our team.:rolleyes:

Three days for India to bowl out England twice on a disintergrating pitch, I believe India can win it from here.

As i have said, Kumble has a huge role to play in this match is what i feel. I completely have no trust with our inconsistent medium fast bowlers. Also, i somehow feel, KP is going to get a 200 :)

Id ignore Matt if I were you, he takes winning a bit too seriously you see so its best to just let him rant for now. :)

I applaud India Id just like you all to know. ;) Dhoni dug you out of a whole at Lords, reminding me a bit of Ponting at OT in 2005. As many would say, the rearguard is a sign of a good team! Putting aside all the non-cricket activities at Trent Bridge, you utilised the green top amazingly on that first day when in previous years you might not have had the seam attack to do that. The Oval here, well what can I say, tremendous batting from the whole team, especially Kumble! Hes my favourite Indian and it was great to see him get a century. All in all, India thoroughly deserve to win this series. This one might be a draw now, although if you push for it you can win. Go for it I say!

As always we are due for a thrashing in the ODIs but at least we will have Freddie back!

Users who are viewing this thread