India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Some people are just never happy are they?

Far be it from me to critiscize, but you've just been bowled out for over 600 away from home, guaranteeing a victory in England for the first time in donkeys years and yet you still find reason to moan? I can think of worse positions to be in.

Happy with the team, not happy with Dravid. Why should I be happy with Dravid? Just because the team is doing well? I have never been happy with Dravid's captaincy. For me, its in this order (from ascending to descending)

Saurav Ganguly
Mohammed Azharrudin
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar

Good bouncer by Zaheer, poor shot, fantastic catch by Sreesanth, those high ones are always tough to hold on to.

Wow, so I come back home from lab and I see Kumble has made a century..

That's so awesome because I remember when his parents were interviewed that that was the one more thing his mom wanted him to achieve.

Good one for Zaheer. We almost have got what we wanted to - a wicket today. One more, and I would be delighted.

I don't understand why Strauss was hooking at 5.55pm with about 2 overs left and a man waiting at long leg.
Has all the sunshine in the field addled his brain?

LOL! i've seen it all..

India apeal for LBW and the ball sails thru mid-off for four..

unbelievable !

The criticism of Dravid's captaincy today unwarranted to be frank. This is the same guy who declared in Pakistan with Tendulkar on 194*. If he didn't declare today when the armchair critics wanted him to, I'm sure he had a perfectly valid reason.

Howell makes another howler, he is just, not a very good umpire.

LOL! i've seen it all..

India apeal for LBW and the ball sails thru mid-off for four..

unbelievable !
Because the ball hit the pad first.

The criticism of Dravid's captaincy today unwarranted to be frank. This is the same guy who declared in Pakistan with Tendulkar on 194*.
There was no reason to declare at that time. Just because you declare when someone nears a milestone doesn't mean its a good decision. Honestly, I don't like Dravid's captaincy.

Last edited:
Well, the great plus point is we have got one wicket in those 8 overs bowled. A very good day for India. All they need to do is continue the momentum.. The very first hour of Day3 is going to be crucial for both the teams. It should be very interesting to see England's response tomorrow especially KP's batting. :cool:

I don't understand why Strauss was hooking at 5.55pm with about 2 overs left and a man waiting at long leg.
Has all the sunshine in the field addled his brain?

Cook showed him the best way to pull a similar delivery.

May be he was just a bit too confident that he'd connect it well.

Anyway, good day for India. Long three days for them and lets see if they can make it 2-0 or they'll be happy with 1-0.

Just what I feared - India have batted us right out of the game.

Why are India's tail-enders so much more capable of playing the straight ball and pretty much everything else batting-wise than ours?

Users who are viewing this thread