India in England/Ireland/Scotland

There was no reason to declare at that time. Just because you declare when someone nears a milestone doesn't mean its a good decision.

Ya correct.. Also, i don't think, even Tendulkar would have worried so much about that declaration :p

Honestly, I don't like Dravid's captaincy.

hmm.. the only weak point is, he is soft natured and not as aggressive as Ponting/Smith/Fleming. But remember, he took the captaincy from Sourav at the right time which did many things,

* Importantly, it made Sourav to return to the team with complete determination getting himself out of the horrible form.

* We started to find some young players under " Team India ". Karthik is one of the valuable product under Dravid's captaincy.

* Most important one, " Dravid's personal batting form remain unaffected and he still plays the huge role of defendable Wall! ". This batting form is what remained as a major problem for our captains after taking the captaincy job due to handling too much of pressure.

If Dravid had got that aggressive captaincy nature, then probably, it would have satisfied us.:cool:

I have a feeling we'll be bowled put for around 300 as that's what we usually do when teams get a very good score.

We'll probably be saving the match on the last day.

I liked the little glance Monty gave Sreesanth when he got him out :D

There was no reason to declare at that time. Just because you declare when someone nears a milestone doesn't mean its a good decision. Honestly, I don't like Dravid's captaincy.

Who says it was a good decision to declare when he was near a milestone? It was a good decision to declare because he wanted the bowlers the chance to have a crakc at the opposition despite the fact that his teammate was near a milestone. Theres a difference between declaring based on a 'when' and declaring 'despite'. The Lahore (?) declaration was an example of the latter. To see it as an example of the former is to see wrongly.

Nah, every run twists the dagger even further into the wounded English cricket team. They should look to bat for as much as they can.

I simply cannot believe we are about to lose at home to India of all teams. We went unbeaten against the likes of a then ranked 2nd South Africa, the dangerous if ever so inconsistent Pakistan, Aust-bloody-ralia, New Zealand, the Windies and the Lanks. Now it's all come to an end against India.

/sourgrapesrant.

As an Indian fan i am quite offended by that. india are not a bad team. If england are far better than india why did india's last wicket partnership last 64-odd runs? Why dont cook and strauss get consecutive fifties against a young bowling line up except for kumble? - and india's do. i could go on forever. At least india dont use a stupid ploy like putting jelly beans on the pitch when they are outplayed in the match...

next time you decide to make a comment like that why dont you look at the quality of cricket played by india compared to englands. you can give me minus reputation points if you want if this offends you as much as it offended me what you said, but simply i dont care. :mad:

As an Indian fan i am quite offended by that. india are not a bad team. If england are far better than india why did india's last wicket partnership last 64-odd runs? Why dont cook and strauss get consecutive fifties against a young bowling line up except for kumble? - and india's do. i could go on forever. At least india dont use a stupid ploy like putting jelly beans on the pitch when they are outplayed in the match...

next time you decide to make a comment like that why dont you look at the quality of cricket played by india compared to englands. you can give me minus reputation points if you want if this offends you as much as it offended me what you said, but simply i dont care. :mad:

You act as if it was a game plan by England to win the match :rolleyes:

I don't think Matt meant to offend you. I think he means with all the teams we have conquered at home - the likes of Australia, Saffa and such - to come undone against a team few people gave a chance is surprising.

I don't think Matt meant to offend you. I think he means with all the teams we have conquered at home - the likes of Australia, Saffa and such - to come undone against a team few people gave a chance is surprising.

actually a lot of people were backing india to get over this series. how can you only give india 'chance' in this series with a better middle order than englands?

Chill Winston, if your so offended by it then go confess your problems to some one who cares. Now if you'd kindly put the toys back in your pram.

Just like I said, England make extremely hard work of a flat pitch. We just don't have any flat track bullies in our squad since Marcus left.

actually a lot of people were backing india to get over this series. how can you only give india 'chance' in this series with a better middle order than englands?

Allow me to rephrase.

England - Unbeaten at home for six years.

India - Not good travelers.

England - 2nd in the world

India - 5th in the World

England - Very good at home and 2nd in the world = favourites

India - Not good travelers and 5th in the World = Underdogs

Just because your middle order is 'better', the team is automatically better?

Another excuse.You guys looks for excuses after bad performances.You are showing that everything goes bad with the innocent England team.

It's not an excuse; Groundsmen producing pitches like this for must win games need sacking. Now please, put your dummy back in.

The criticism of Dravid's captaincy today unwarranted to be frank. This is the same guy who declared in Pakistan with Tendulkar on 194*. If he didn't declare today when the armchair critics wanted him to, I'm sure he had a perfectly valid reason.

Actually, Ganguly had sent that order in. Dravid was the stand in captain because Ganguly was out for the game but Ganguly had requested that.

btw my name is 'the leggie' or 'sanjay'

its not about having flat track bullies as you would say, its about handling the pitch, not bullying it.

you still havent answered my questions in my post....wonder why

It still doesn't make sense for him to speak of the Indian team so condescendingly. It is, to the best of my knowledge, indisputable fact that India have won more tests abroad since 2000 than any other team bar Australia. As far as my knowledge goes, Australia have won 23 tests overseas since 2000. The second best is India with 16 or so, I believe.

To spell it out more clearly for Matt, since 2000 AD, in overseas tests:

India > South Africa
India > Pakistan
India > Sri Lanka
India > New Zealand
India > West Indies

England have conquered SA, Pak, SL, NZ, WI at home ? Fine. Now you're playing a team that has outperformed each and every one of these teams in performances overseas in terms of tests won.

It seems to me some people are still stuck in a 90's time wrap.

Rhetorical questions don't need answers. I thought you'd have known that.

And yes, we do need flat track bullies. Flat track bullies bully the bowling on flat tracks; This is a flat track so what does it need? A flat track bully. We just don't have one.

You can moan at me all you like, the fact is that i'm not very happy with losing at home to India, when we've drew with South Africa, beaten Pakistan and beaten Australia. Whatever little facts and figures you provide me won't take away my disappointment over the fact that India have beaten us and beaten us well.

btw my name is 'the leggie' or 'sanjay'

its not about having flat track bullies as you would say, its about handling the pitch, not bullying it.

you still havent answered my questions in my post....wonder why

Because they are rhetorical :rolleyes:

baburao, if you were chasing a series, wouldn't you want a pitch that near enough gurantees a result?

India's 1st innings says it all.

Every time an English member posts something, you think it's sour grapes! Get over yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread