India in England Jun-Sept 2014

im just glad to a 5 test match series again, which is not the ashes. Cant wait for the series to start, as a neutral hopefully it would be a good one

Well at least we'll have close matches. Both England and India will be desperately trying to hand the other team victory that the matches will probably be over inside 3 days!

Both teams are so shit right now and that will make the series more interesting. England though will start as favourites because they are playing at home.

Both teams are so shit right now and that will make the series more interesting. England though will start as favourites because they are playing at home.

We're not that bad. Already started the summer a lot better than we were in the Ashes.

George Dobell on pitch preparation for India's arrival | Cricket News | England v India ? Investec Test Series | ESPN Cricinfo

This article aligns with the theory that I was talking about - beat India with flat pitches. Though the article says India's batsmen have nothing to fear about, it doesnt dwell into the bowlers side. Thats going to be the key. A flat pitch, India better run for cover. The batsmen will have some inflated averages, but definitely expect England to grab a big series win.

Not impressed with the way Indians are playing the warmup matches.Bhuvaneshwar has not been getting wckets,Shami cant play due to a mild injury and Ishant bowling a lot of no balls.Jadeja picking 2 wickets ,Binny 1 and Pankaj getting early breakthrough in both matches remains the only positives.
And even in batting,Vijay has been at his worst in both matches,Dhawan was good at the first but not that good in the seconds.Pujara plays well on both,Kohli got starts but thats all

George Dobell on pitch preparation for India's arrival | Cricket News | England v India ? Investec Test Series | ESPN Cricinfo

This article aligns with the theory that I was talking about - beat India with flat pitches. Though the article says India's batsmen have nothing to fear about, it doesnt dwell into the bowlers side. Thats going to be the key. A flat pitch, India better run for cover. The batsmen will have some inflated averages, but definitely expect England to grab a big series win.

When I read the title of the article on cricinfo 'India's surface tension misplaced: Batsmen friendly wickets expected', it instantly reminded me of your theory.

Looks like people have indeed woken up to our real bowling weaknesses - spineless bowling on flat decks

When I read the title of the article on cricinfo 'India's surface tension misplaced: Batsmen friendly wickets expected', it instantly reminded me of your theory.

Looks like people have indeed woken up to our real bowling weaknesses - spineless bowling on flat decks

I think we might have gone a little too pace/medium pace heavy for this series. 6 seamers + Binny is overkill. Even for countries that prepare green pitches, 5 seamers are more than enough. They could have got a third spinner instead of one of the seamers.

Some good news for India,Both the allrounders(Jadeja and Binny) got wickets (2&1 respectively) and has scored with Jadeja out at 45 and Binny still batting at 41.The only thing that bothers me is that its only against the 2nd XI of a weak Derbyshire.:(

The quality of opposition doesn't matter. What matters is that, these guys have got good batting practice ahead of the main event. What worries me is our bowling performance in these two warmups.

Binny is putting up quite a show from the looks of it

Well yes IND bowlers will ever so often be able to able to cause havoc on a greentop/seaming pitch. But ENG team & bowlers will always back themselves to bowl & bat better in such conditions than IND.

Given the mental state of ENG, i think IND has a very good chance of winning.

Otherwise Dobell makes a very apt observation on how test venues have been awarded test matches in the last decade by the ECB.

I never thought the process was really a serious problem, but if has to come to the point the venues bottom line is more important than preparing pitches to suite ENG - then that policy needs urgent review.

One thing which is bothering me js why dint Gambhir bat today? With Dhawan and Vijay out earlh it was a perfect opportunity for him to bat score some more runs and get his place in the side.

I still would like to see this lineup

Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane/Sharma
Dhoni
Gambhir
Jadeja
Shami
Kumar
Pandey/Sharma

One thing which is bothering me js why dint Gambhir bat today? With Dhawan and Vijay out earlh it was a perfect opportunity for him to bat score some more runs and get his place in the side.

I still would like to see this lineup

Dhawan
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane/Sharma
Dhoni
Gambhir

Jadeja
Shami
Kumar
Pandey/Sharma