India in England Jun-Sept 2014

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
For all those who keep saying that we are playing with 5 bowlers, we are actually playing with 10 men. Such a defensive selection, especially in the first test of such a long series!

Fully expect the likes of Pandey and Aaron to warm the benches for 3 months now.

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lot of talk about India - but what about England.

What are people's thoughts on Stokes for Jordan?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Lot of talk about India - but what about England.

What are people's thoughts on Stokes for Jordan?

It's a bit harsh on Jordan but I think Stokes is such a good player he had to come in.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Looking at the wicket so far, India cannot afford to lose more than 3 in the entire day. Looks like a flat flat deck this. We need to get at least 400 in order to be in the game. We might rue not playing Ashwin in place of Binny here. There might be some help for the spinners later on.

Is there DRS in this series? I remember there was a basic version of the DRS last time we were in England.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
will be interesting to see what stokes does. I am generally wary of all-rounders as I think it's a bit too much "well, we don't know if we need runs or wickets to win this match so maybe this guy will chuck in what we need."

however, he was one of the few players to end the australian series with any credit so he might well be a find.

going to have to back india for the series though since I called a win for them here back 12 months ago.

lion100lion

International Coach
Is there DRS in this series? I remember there was a basic version of the DRS last time we were in England.
DRS went against India last time.

Meanwhile, Indians have started showing their old character of throwing away wickets... 1 wicket down and counting...

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
At some point the ICC will have to tell India that you either have the DRS or you don't play.

lion100lion

International Coach
At some point the ICC will have to tell India that you either have the DRS or you don't play.
:lol
Sorry for laughing but that's illogical..
With India becoming more and more powerful in cricket world, that's not going to happen in next 100 years

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
:lol
Sorry for laughing but that's illogical..
With India becoming more and more powerful in cricket world, that's not going to happen in next 100 years

I know it won't happen, but it's certainly not illogical. Everyone else is using DRS. DRS works. It really shouldn't be up to a board to say 'we're not using it'. The ICC should just say that if you're playing a Test, you have to use the DRS. Failing that, if the the home board decides we are using DRS, then we use DRS.

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think its far more likely that the BCCI will say to the ICC that noone is allowed to use DRS any where in the world, and that happening than the ICC saying the BCCI has to accept it.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I think its far more likely that the BCCI will say to the ICC that noone is allowed to use DRS any where in the world, and that happening than the ICC saying the BCCI has to accept it.

That's how things will be, not necessarily how they should be.

lion100lion

International Coach
I know it won't happen, but it's certainly not illogical. Everyone else is using DRS. DRS works.
DRS is not 100 % foolproof technology. BCCI is not against technology but against imperfect technology. Yes, DRS works.. but most of the time it sucks.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
DRS is not 100 % foolproof technology. BCCI is not against technology but against imperfect technology. Yes, DRS works.. but most of the time it sucks.

'Most of the time'? No. Not most of the time. It wouldn't surprise me if the BCCI didn't like the DRS because it takes up time that could be used for showing adverts.

Users who are viewing this thread