India in England Jun-Sept 2014

grkrama

National Board President
ya MS had sachin to compare zaheer to him, Cook having ousted their best batsman cant compare the same way and had made a ridiculous statement.

He is invaluable to england doesnt make him the best bowler in the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1408120619][/DOUBLEPOST]really hope the girls scrape a win there...

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So Anderson might struggle to get the 6 wickets that he would love to have before the end of the series and if India manage to keep that down to 2-3, I think he might rue that.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Where has this Anderson/Steyn discussion come from? Steyn is better by almost every statistical measure.

Yet another overseas Test, another lolworthy batting performance, [HASHTAG]#WhatElseIsNew[/HASHTAG]?

Gutsy stuff from Dhoni, and more importantly he's found the right balance between defending and runscoring. His strike rate of around 60 seems ideal for these conditions, but no one in the top order has managed to score at that rate. Vijay can only grind it out for so long until he gets one with his name written on it, Gambhir is probably not Test standard anymore, Pujara and Kohli are horribly out of sorts, Rahane has brainfarts from time to time, and Binny is in the team because fearsome tweak logic and common sense.

You know it's going to be long, long Test when Dhoni is our best batsman.

PokerAce

Banned
Where has this Anderson/Steyn discussion come from? Steyn is better by almost every statistical measure.

Its been on this board for a while, I think it started when someone said Anderson was the best in the world. That's how it first came up anyway. Then Cook before the start of the test said the same thing. Hence

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Its been on this board for a while, I think it started when someone said Anderson was the best in the world. That's how it first came up anyway. Then Cook before the start of the test said the same thin

I thought that was just hyperbole or Cook backing his man. Didn't think people seriously thought that there's a better fast bowler in the world than Steyn today.

PokerAce

Banned
Someone getting hit on the unmentionables, Cook showed very little reaction. Balls of Steel :D[DOUBLEPOST=1408123046][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thought that was just hyperbole or Cook backing his man. Didn't think people seriously thought that there's a better fast bowler in the world than Steyn today.

You would be surprised.

PokerAce

Banned
Ind Women going along fine BTW, the best two Batsmen in ... 78 more to get.[DOUBLEPOST=1408123375][/DOUBLEPOST]The Womley ground where the Women's test is being played, and where 16 wkts fell on the first day, I wonder what would happen if the men team had to bat on that pitch.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
some updated predictions are in order: we don't get any wickets today. Tomorrow morning, MSD has an explosion of brilliance and hands the first over to Stuart Binny. Binny runs through the lineup and provides us a slender lead of 7 runs.
Gambhir scores a run a ball fifty to see us through to the end of tomorrow

A memorable victory awaits

PokerAce

Banned
some updated predictions are in order: we don't get any wickets today. Tomorrow morning, MSD has an explosion of brilliance and hands the first over to Stuart Binny. Binny runs through the lineup and provides us a slender lead of 7 runs.
Gambhir scores a run a ball fifty to see us through to the end of tomorrow

A memorable victory awaits

And then you wake up and in the AFTERNOON tune in to the match :D Also lets face it, Cook has been given a life, we know he is scoring tonnes of runs from here on.[DOUBLEPOST=1408124793][/DOUBLEPOST]Binny on early, what India would not give for Binny to replicate his 6/8 spell here.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ye of little faith

Just wait and watch

Users who are viewing this thread