India in Sri Lanka 2009 (5 ODIs)

What the hell is Ojha doing in the squad anyway? Murali Kartik and Piyush Chawla are way better than him.

Agree with CricketMan RS is over-rated and he should get a chance to paly when India are say 4-0 or not even then

Jadeja is what i want to see in 3rd ODI :upray

Raina bowled a great tight spell no wicket but, great contribution !

Murali Kartik is easily the second best SLA bowler in the world. So underrated, was dropped after a 6-fer against Australia. Politics at its best.

I want to see Jadeja bowling his first over and making a good contribution in Batting. Isn't India missing a spinner who can bat littlebit like Harbhajan. Jadeja should be given a chance.

Jadeja can bat more then 'a bit'. He's a class all round act, at least that's what his recent Ranji stats imply.

His fielding is bloody brilliant, though.

Not so sure about being him being the second best SLA bowler in the world as there's Panesar and Vettori so therefore it's debatable.

Who cares if his 6-fer was on a dustbowl, The guys got talent if he can dismantle the Aussie batting line up like that. Really harsh that he just suddenly got dropped. Politics at its peak I say.

Kartik is better then Panesar and Vettori isn't that far ahead of him.

Last edited:
Well, again a victory for the champs! 7th win on a row! Come on India! This was a tighter win, but hell, its a win! SL at home are no easy pushovers and they just thrashed Pak in Pak. So this is a very well deserved win. Ishant Sharma played awesome.. Happy that Yuvraj got good runs (I was worried abt his struggles against Murali-Mendis but he survived well). Sehwag played maniac cricket (it was awesome to see) but it also cost him his wicket at an unnecessary time.

Dhoni's luck (and his spunk!) continues. Jayawardena has conceded loss to Dhoni as far as tosses goes (this guy is damn lucky with the tosses! maybe someone should check any suspicious activity by him with the tosses:D). I would bring in Jadeja for Ojha (I said this before too) for the next match. I would persist with Sachin at the top. Dropping Sachin down is not too good a move. He has got two bad decisions so far. He will click soon.

We needlessly let this match drift in the middle overs. Should have attacked more while Mahela and Kadambi were batting, instead of merely sitting back and waiting.

Anyways, a win is a win! All's well that ends well.

And what was wrong with the stumps? Voodoo stumps I'd say.

What the hell is Ojha doing in the squad anyway? Murali Kartik and Piyush Chawla are way better than him.

He's quality. I remember one Deodhar trophy that I saw him in, he was absolute magic, but he hasn't looked a shadow of what he was then so far. Still hoping for him to come good.

From Cricinfo :
Balls balls balls
Suresh Raina pulled off a fabulous diving save in the covers to deny Jayasuriya a certain four. The ball rolled away from his grasp as he was about to hit the earth and settled perfectly to smash the groin as Raina came down. At one point in time, there were three balls between Raina's legs. Raina yelped, twisted his body in pain and remained on the ground but the agony was still not over as Yuvraj jumped over him to hug him. The team is literally bonding these days. Some how, I can't visualise CK Nayudu pouncing on Lala Amarnath.

LOL!:D

Also, wasn't the crowd great today. They were all singing and swaying to the music. Amazing atmosphere! And it was quite pretty too!;)

About Sachin opening, I think he's being selfish. Sehwag-Gambhir combination is arguably the best at the moment. It's not like Sachin can't bat anywhere else. He should be thinking of the future of the Indian cricket team. Gambhir and Sehwag need to play together as much as possible IMO.

Did you see their running between the wickets? They don't even look at each other, let alone give out signals, they just know when to run.

Sachin can easily bat at 3 and IMO should let them open. Too bad it's never going to happen and nobody is going to do anything about it anyways.

Only reason Sachin opens the batting is because there is flexibility in the team where he can open for the team. Gambhir was never a shoe in for the openers slot other then coming in first drop. Although he had success at opening position I still fell he should come at 3 because it would be a risk allowing two full on attacking batsmen opening the batting.

Why? Because we have a weak opening partnership otherwise? We need strength at the top?

Nope. I still believe Sachin should call it a day in ODIs, and concentrate on Tests. He has to play according to age, and eek out as much as he can of his Test career. Besides, we have shown we can win without Sachin, no disrespect to the man, at all.

*cue rabid Sachinians*

Users who are viewing this thread