India tour of England 2018

I would have put Bhuvi straight back into the test team.
I completely agree, he would have to play only 2 test matches. He could have been rested for Asia Cup which will be played on the flattest of flat pitches in UAE.

That Asia cup can go to hell for all I care. I want to win a test series in England. Even another test match win will be a bigger achievement!

Bhuvi today vs Aus A 9/1/33/3 too late to fly but good for oval

Mo in great form who took 8 wickets at rose bowl in The past. I am glad injured woakes and Out of form Lolly Pope (Ollie Pope) left out.porter left out but Curran back

Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Stokes
Buttler (keeper)
Moeen
Rashid
Broad
Curran
Anderson

12th men
Vince

I expect both Ash and Jadoo in the team but virat has his own idea, we know at 3.03 pm tomorrow

Buttler will keep wicket.

I'm very, very surprised Rashid keeps getting picked when he hasn't really set the world on fire. With Moin and Curran back, I will go out on a limb and say that India winning the 4th Test seems like a distant dream.

If Jadeja has to come into the XI, it has to be ONLY at the expense of either Ashwin (if Ashwin is unfit) or Hardik (if India has to play 2 spinners). Jadeja cannot and should not replace a seamer. All 3 seamers who played at Trent Bridge should play the 4th test (despite my reservations on Bumrah, he has earned the right to play at Southampton, with his 5-wkt haul in Trent Bridge).

Hardik despite his 5-wkt haul in Trent Bridge, is not undroppable and if India need to play 2 spinners, he should be dropped for Jadeja.

If Jadeja has to come into the XI, it has to be ONLY at the expense of either Ashwin (if Ashwin is unfit) or Hardik (if India has to play 2 spinners). Jadeja cannot and should not replace a seamer. All 3 seamers who played at Trent Bridge should play the 4th test (despite my reservations on Bumrah, he has earned the right to play at Southampton, with his 5-wkt haul in Trent Bridge).

Hardik despite his 5-wkt haul in Trent Bridge, is not undroppable and if India need to play 2 spinners, he should be dropped for Jadeja.
India not drops Ash plus jadeja use-less without Ash.track kind of slow, Draw might possible without rains

I'm very, very surprised Rashid keeps getting picked when he hasn't really set the world on fire. With Moin and Curran back, I will go out on a limb and say that India winning the 4th Test seems like a distant dream.

Did you remember Ajanta Mendis? Indians un-able to read him, English selector thinks Rashid most likely trouble Virat and Rahane with his spin,rashid gets virat twice during his 149 and 97 knocks.

Mo took 8 wickets @ Ageas bowl also known as Rose bowl, this week mo hits DBL in county championship.Many cricket pundit predicts kohli to hits his 24th century in the 4th test, possible coz he already reached 440 so far.

Yes I agree, with Moeen back can only be 3-1 surely now !

Yes I agree, with Moeen back can only be 3-1 surely now !

Very much so. Rahane, Pujara are horrible against off-spin and Moeen will surely be a threat. Kohli has got out a lot to spin in the recent past as well. I expect Moeen to do well both with bat and ball here. If India go in with 2 spinners, we are doomed. I hope we stick to the same composition. Although I still maintain that Bumrah and Pandya are`nt test indispensables yet, they deserve to keep their spot after Nottingham. However, we should have same yardsticks for all players and Umesh deserves a go overseas in more than 1 game. Its astonishing that he has just played one test out of the 6 overseas ones this year.

England batting first on a great track .. how many tosses will we lose :( We will have to bat really really well in the first innings to make a match out of this. Because we know how awful we are in the fourth innings

Meanwhile, shocker. No changes by Kohli

Chance of winning decreases further for India. Chasing has been one of the weakest parts of this team. India have to bowl England out cheaply now and put on a massive score in their 1st innings if they're to win. I can see England routing India in the second innings.

Users who are viewing this thread