India tour of England 2018

Unfair IMO to drop Vijay considering he was perhaps our most consistent performer in the last overseas leg (2013-14) but this was on cards considering he failed to score in SA and the first two tests in the current tour made the matter worse for him also management liking for Dhawan and Kl Rahul played a bit of part. As far as Prithvi Shaw is concerned personally quite happy for him followed his game ever since Ranji debut to captaining the victorious India u19 side earlier this year, at the moment its highly unlikely he will get a game but with Shastri & Kohli you can never predict what they will come up with in the remaining two tests.

Very good planning from India to get Shaw in but it shouldn't have been at the expense of their most solid opener. For the former it will be an invaluable experience training with the national team and getting to know them but they're also taking a huge risk trusting the notoriously unreliable Dhawan and Rahul who hasn't looked particularly solid this series.

Don't agree one bit. We are not Zimbabwe or West Indies as cricket boards with all due respect looking to save every dime. We could have just kept Kuldeep in the squad. If you have seen, I'm his biggest fan yet I said that he should only play if we need a third spinner i.e never on this tour. Dropping people shatters morale.

I wanted to stop reading at better than Sehwag but out of respect for you I didn't. Vijay will have to be reincarnated ten times to be anywhere near Sehwag. I think this is your love for your state speaking. Vijay is definitely better than Gambhir and while I dislike comparing or ranking people from different eras, Vijay is probably our third best test opener of all time. Really sad to see this happen to him and I fear he might be the first casualty of many of this captain/coach management.

Its just basically boosting the batting while letting go a bowling option that is unnecessarily sitting in the team when we know it will not be used. And most of the articles have clearly stated that "Kuldeep has been RELEASED to play against Australia A". That tells you that he has not been dropped but has just been released from the team so that he can get match time instead of sitting in the sidelines.

Seems like whenever I support a player from Tamil Nadu and you don't agree with my assessment, you accuse me of "showing same state bias". As an opener, Vijay is infinitely better than Sehwag because Vijay has had great overseas success which Sehwag never really achieved (yes he got some good knocks here and there but never on a consistent basis). Vijay had the technique to succeed in overseas conditions, Sehwag didn't. Sehwag relied on hand-eye coordination. Most of his success was built upon his exploits in favorable conditions. Sehwag's numbers are better than Vijay but for me, Vijay is the better batsman.

Keep the team as it is , if we lose the next test, then experiment or else if we drop players, team's confidence will also drop.
Players have adjusted too.
Even though I doubt the 4th test , we will win.
But after a long time , our top order and batsman have fired

What has Shashtri exactly done to inspire such hatred? Please give specific facts. He is very well respected in the Cricket Fraternity.

I have a simple reason which is that he is a yes man to Kohli. Instead of challenging him on his decisions or making him think about the other aspects of his decision, he simply agrees with him on everything that Kohli does. If you are dropping someone like Kumble as a coach, I would expect someone of his calibre to replace him. Shastri is not that guy. He is more like a manager or as I like to call him, a "cheerleader". Kohli is not a very good captain yet and he needs someone with tactical knowledge to help him which is exactly the role Kumble performed. Shastri is not someone who is tactical. If anything, he is exactly like Kohli in terms of passion and leading the team from the front which are obviously good points. However, you do need someone in the dressing room to have that tactical knowledge and someone who can challenge the captain rather than agreeing with him on everything that he does.

Just going a bit off topic but that is a quadrangular series going on right now among India A,B, South Africa A and Australia A. India A and B did pretty well in the first game.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 9.50.41 AM.png

Seems like whenever I support a player from Tamil Nadu and you don't agree with my assessment, you accuse me of "showing same state bias". As an opener, Vijay is infinitely better than Sehwag because Vijay has had great overseas success which Sehwag never really achieved (yes he got some good knocks here and there but never on a consistent basis). Vijay had the technique to succeed in overseas conditions, Sehwag didn't. Sehwag relied on hand-eye coordination. Most of his success was built upon his exploits in favorable conditions. Sehwag's numbers are better than Vijay but for me, Vijay is the better batsman.

Exactly when have you been critical of one from TN? I definitely don't remember of such an occasion. Personally, all eleven of the Indian team could be from TN as long as they deserve it and hold an India passport and I would support them like I support anyone from any corner of India. With you, some of your opinions or rather claims are absolutely baseless. Sehwag never really achieved overseas success? I mean what on earth are you on about? Vijay had the technique? Since when does that matter? By that logic the last person on your support list should be MS Dhoni. You know very well I am not a numbers man. I hate it to be honest. I will say Vijay is probably the third best opener India has ever produced but to say he is better than Sehwag is baseless, comical and biased. This is not my opinion, but a fact.

Reactions: Ohm
Exactly when have you been critical of one from TN? I definitely don't remember of such an occasion. Personally, all eleven of the Indian team could be from TN as long as they deserve it and hold an India passport and I would support them like I support anyone from any corner of India. With you, some of your opinions or rather claims are absolutely baseless. Sehwag never really achieved overseas success? I mean what on earth are you on about? Vijay had the technique? Since when does that matter? By that logic the last person on your support list should be MS Dhoni. You know very well I am not a numbers man. I hate it to be honest. I will say Vijay is probably the third best opener India has ever produced but to say he is better than Sehwag is baseless, comical and biased. This is not my opinion, but a fact.

Absolute bullshit. This is my last post in reply to you as I am moving you to my "ignore list". Vijay is a far better opener and a batsman than Sehwag. And as with the same words that you used, that is not my opinion. Its a fact. Sehwag is overrated due to his exploits on flat wickets and technique in test cricket is starting to get diluted these days and it definitely correlates with interest around test cricket waning heavily. According to me, MS Dhoni was never a great test player.

Absolute bullshit. This is my last post in reply to you as I am moving you to my "ignore list". Vijay is a far better opener and a batsman than Sehwag. And as with the same words that you used, that is not my opinion. Its a fact. Sehwag is overrated due to his exploits on flat wickets and technique in test cricket is starting to get diluted these days and it definitely correlates with interest around test cricket waning heavily. According to me, MS Dhoni was never a great test player.

Well, that's too bad. Nice discussing with you though. And in case you change your mind over the debate, let me know and I will handsomely prove to you as to who is factually the better batsman for India.

And MS Dhoni was most certainly a great test player for India. By far, the best keeper batsman to be produced by our country!

Very good planning from India to get Shaw in but it shouldn't have been at the expense of their most solid opener. For the former it will be an invaluable experience training with the national team and getting to know them but they're also taking a huge risk trusting the notoriously unreliable Dhawan and Rahul who hasn't looked particularly solid this series.
Shaw is not as good as Vihari
You will notice whenever they debut for India OTHER THAN in INDIA.Technical Error in his display I wish he not select till oval test

The only disappointment with the squad for the 4th and 5th tests are the non-inclusion of Mayank Aggarwal. Other than that I don't see any issues

Vijay has been poor for too long, and Dhawan/Rahul scored at the right moment to seal their place for this series. I don't see Vijay getting a chance even if he was in the squad.
And Kuldeep being released to play against Aus A is actually a very good decision.

when I put my wager on India, they lost. When I put it on England, they lost. Life is so tough!!!
Now the question is for the fourth tests, should I go for India or England?

Unfair IMO to drop Vijay considering he was perhaps our most consistent performer in the last overseas leg (2013-14)
It was 4 years back.

just my two cents : THE STATE BIAS IS REAL.

and

VIHARI VIHARI VIHARI.

loved him when he played his test style knocks in his debut IPL season.

when I put my wager on India, they lost. When I put it on England, they lost. Life is so tough!!!
Now the question is for the fourth tests, should I go for India or England?

Edgbaston was close, in England's favor. Lord's was overwhelmingly England. Trent Bridge was overwhelmingly India. If ever you wish for a pattern, I wish Southampton (4th test) is close with it being in India's favor this time around. :D :p

I really hope we continue this performance. Both the teams have been so inconsistent in terms of batting and fielding. I am really though happy to see Indian bowlers pick all 100 wickets in last 5 overseas test matches. We always used to not win because of our bowling before and now batting is not helping our cause. Last match was an instance of good bowling and good batting and hope it continues.

Users who are viewing this thread