India tour of England 2018

Inspite of India all but assured of a victory, I can't shake off the no-ball wicket off Bumrah. The last two wickets have already added 70 runs and that includes Broad and Anderson. It doesn't affect the outcome much in this match but it's quite frustrating to see.
can you imagine whats happen to captain MSD when englands last wicket put on 198 vs india in England?

Root [200] AND Anderson [81] other day, could be Anderson / Rashid today? who can figures out Ashton Agar hits 98 on test debut while bats at 11 in England.
I can count on Adil Rashid who has 10 century in county cricket.

rain forcast was 7% but now 25% latest update.[ day 5 ] it will be interesting to know who will be m.o.m ?

kohli - with 2nd DBL century*
pandya -6 w
bumrah -7 w
pant -?

*second dbl ?
149 and 51
97 and 103.

439 so far vk
johnny 205

rain forecast was 7% but now 25% latest update.[ day 5 ] it will be interesting to know who will be m.o.m ?

pandya -6 w
bumrah -7 w
pant -?

Should be Kohli without a doubt. Having one of the best individual series performances in modern-day cricket.

Last edited:
Lol tuned in to find out we won[DOUBLEPOST=1534934442][/DOUBLEPOST]
[QUOTE="Bhumi, post: 3291227, member: 191936"

rain forecast was 7% but now 25% latest update.[ day 5 ] it will be interesting to know who will be m.o.m ?

pandya -6 w
bumrah -7 w
pant -?

Should be Kohli without a doubt. Having one of the best individual series performances in modern-day cricket.[/QUOTE]
Hardin also scored 54 not out

Been saying it for ages now that Buttler should keep wickets for England in tests. Bairstow is their second best batsman and should bat 4 permanently. Look at how Sangakkara's game picked up and took off to legendary status once he gave up the gloves in tests.

Coke snorted. Bottle of gin and tonic tonight!

He is an absolute asshole. If I had any power in BCCI, I would keep him as far as possible from the Indian cricket team. As much as I want India to win the next match and hopefully the series, it just means that Shastri's position won't be questioned for the next 2 years at least. It's just such a weird position to be in as an Indian cricket team fan.

Coming back to the match, it's good to see team coming back so well after that huge defeat at Lord's. Good to see other batsmen stepping up to support Virat in this test match. As I have said before as well, our bowling has been ridiculously good for an Indian bowling attack. They have stepped up in every single test match in South Africa and so far in this series. I am hopeful that Ashwin gets well before the next test match because I feel he is bowling very well right now. If he doesn't get fit by the time of the next test match, it will be interesting to see who we bring in as the spinner. Kuldeep has been brilliant throughout the limited overs series but of course he doesn't have much experiance at test level. Jadeja has been the dependable bowler for us at home but can he do the job without having Ashwin at the other end is always a question.

Great win after the humilation at Lord's. Particularly the form of Pujara and Rahane is the biggest positive from this game as far as India is concerned. With Kohli in the form that he is in, India need the top order (esp. Pujara and Rahane) to fire and their performance in this game gives a lot of hope. As much as I didn't endorse the move, it looks like Vijay and Karthik are done for this series (have a feeling Karthik has already played his last test match). I can't say the same for Vijay though. He has some major mental issues that's affecting his game and if he can clear that, he still can comeback into the side, with a major Australia tour coming up this year. Dhawan had a decent game here, but I am not sure if he can sustain it considering the technique he has.

With the next test starting 8 days later, should be enough time for Ashwin to rest and recuperate. If he doesn't, Jadeja should replace him (not Kuldeep). Despite our batsmen hitting form, its better to have the batting cushion of Jadeja. But I am pretty confident Ashwin should recover and should play the next test.

I think the only question we should ask before the next test is whether Bhuvi returns?

I just saw the squad and wow. They have included Hanuma Vihari and Prithvi Shaw in the squad. It is good to see domestic performance being rewarded with because Hanuma Vihari currently has the highest average among all the players in India. Even though Prithvi is an amazing talent, I still feel it's too early to throw him in the squad. The good thing is that they both were just in England with the A squad and they will get some more experiance with Indian squad.

The one thing that I still can't get over is about Bhuvi's injury. He was supposed to be our best bowler in these conditions. It's just frustrating that our management decided to play him in that decider ODI just to make his injury worse for him to miss out on this test series.

Feel bad for Vijay because he has been our best opener in test cricket for a while. However, he has really struggled with his game since that South Africa series. One of the best thing about him was how well he left the ball outside his off stump and made sure we got a decent partnership at the top of the order. However, he has struggled with that lately and his game has gone downhill.

It was expected that Vijay will be dropped and it has happened! He was India's first choice when we started at Edgbaston. Two test matches have all but put a huge question mark on his future with the national team.

Happy for Prithvi Shaw. Hope he gets into Virat's good books soon. Its not just about being talented, unfortunately.

Excluding Vijay based on two test matches where everyone failed is unfair and insane, should've included him in the squad at least. Wonder what he must be going through right now.

Vijay had a lacklustre tour of South Africa. Probably that added to the "lack of confidence" on him from the selectors side. But Rahul has just started getting a steady run with the test side and Dhawan is as reliably inconsistent as the "possibilty of a dark sky". Dhawan seems to be in the best books of the captain and Rahul has found a similar place too, having played with VK at RCB for long and also being the flashy player which is a trait Virat seems to love.

To me, its definitely unfair on Vijay that he is sacked unceremoniously like this. Rahul and Dhawan failed equally at Edgbaston and Lord's.

Users who are viewing this thread