India tour of England 2018

Didn't it cost us the semi final of a T20 WC against the WI?
Yes and didn't he do the same thing in finals of CT ?

----

I say even if Rahul fails with bat, pick him for his catching skills. He is helping us win the match with his catches.

Another catch by rahul... Wow

My most luckiest days, after countless amount of jinx days in my glorious cricket watching history. Switched on for the first time today and two balls later, Bumrah started the collapse by getting Buttler out. Then switched off the game when Rashid was caught off a no-ball. Then after a brief break, switched back on when Bumrah came back into the attack. And as luck would have it, he snaps Broad first ball!

Excellent point there. Bumrah would be one of the first names on the ODI team sheet but as a test bowler his skills are limited and his lengths are not wicket-taking at all. It might look good on TV with the edge being beaten but in reality, his bowling is only suited to up and down wickets.

Bumrah's the Man Bro! Anyways, happy occasion for India. We thought it's going to be 5-0. But India came back strong. Yippie!

While I agree that Bumrah isn't really a bowler made for tests, but the two overseas wins we have had so far, Bumrah has taken fifers in both

How do you sit someone out after such performances

PS: yes I know and agree that numbers don't mean everything

Rahul's slip catching and Pant's keeping has really been impressive in this game although Pant had a bit of problem keeping to Bumrah but considering this was his first outing in English conditions pant has done really well as a keeper and if he can perform well with bat will have him in the side anyday ahead of other keepers in the lineup.

Rahul's slip catching and Pant's keeping has really been impressive in this game although Pant had a bit of problem keeping to Bumrah but considering this was his first outing in English conditions pant has done really well as a keeper and if he can perform well with bat will have him in the side anyday ahead of other keepers in the lineup.
To be honest Pant has been in England longer then most of the boys. He was part of India A's tour against England Lions and West Indies A. He did perform really well throughout and hence he is in the team. Not that you are questioning his role in the side. I have seen people here criticize how can he be in side.

On one side Indian's are complaining non performers are in squad and we need to give people who have performed well in domestic a chance and here he is. To be honest I am really impressed how he batted in first innings and his keeping as been much better compared to DK's. I know Saha will fit into the side directly but we must not forget about Pant, Shaw and Agarwal who have been knocking on the doors with consistent performances.

We need to get rid of non performers post this series and give chances to more younger and consistent ones. Playing with mustache after an innings, the ronaldo kind of celebration is not what will improve India overseas, its giving chances to ones who are performing and are in form domestically. I was surprised Siraj was not picked for this side, remove Bhuvi and an on off injured Shami/Yadav this side does not have tremendous bowling options.

While I agree that Bumrah isn't really a bowler made for tests, but the two overseas wins we have had so far, Bumrah has taken fifers in both

How do you sit someone out after such performances

PS: yes I know and agree that numbers don't mean everything

For someone who is not tailor made for test matches, he takes quite a few wickets.

Shami has been absolutely horrible today. This inconsistency with him is very frustrating.[DOUBLEPOST=1534875470][/DOUBLEPOST]Also India have finally found a reliable catcher in slip after Rahane. Rahul has caught very well throughout this test match.

For someone who is not tailor made for test matches, he takes quite a few wickets.

Shami has been absolutely horrible today. This inconsistency with him is very frustrating.[DOUBLEPOST=1534875470][/DOUBLEPOST]Also India have finally found a reliable catcher in slip after Rahane. Rahul has caught very well throughout this test match.
I don't think Shami bowled that horribly today. He was making the old ball talk but he just wasn't able to take wickets. Of course he went for runs, but on the whole I think he was unlucky.

I take a bit back about what I said about Bumrah. He bowled excellently with the new ball and got those quick wickets India needed. Well bowled. He somehow picks up wickets with his slingy action. But it means Umesh won't play.

To be honest Pant has been in England longer then most of the boys. He was part of India A's tour against England Lions and West Indies A. He did perform really well throughout and hence he is in the team. Not that you are questioning his role in the side. I have seen people here criticize how can he be in side.

On one side Indian's are complaining non performers are in squad and we need to give people who have performed well in domestic a chance and here he is. To be honest I am really impressed how he batted in first innings and his keeping as been much better compared to DK's. I know Saha will fit into the side directly but we must not forget about Pant, Shaw and Agarwal who have been knocking on the doors with consistent performances.

We need to get rid of non performers post this series and give chances to more younger and consistent ones. Playing with mustache after an innings, the ronaldo kind of celebration is not what will improve India overseas, its giving chances to ones who are performing and are in form domestically. I was surprised Siraj was not picked for this side, remove Bhuvi and an on off injured Shami/Yadav this side does not have tremendous bowling options.
The Pant criticism is warranted I believe. Karthik spent a few years consistently making runs in domestic cricket and looked in form. And plus take that he's experienced unlike Pant. It's just not form that justifies selection it's what the player is capable of and his value. Pant was disliked because he's young and he might be vulnerable against Anderson and Broad due to his brash and aggressive batting. DK on the other hand has experience batting in England and he's been consistent as well.

I agree that some of the young guns should be given a run at some point. Agarwal in particular has been very consistent in domestic and on the England A tour. I think he might seriously challenging the other opened for a spot. None of the three that India have are not making any big scores. I don't expect Prithvi Shaw to break through just yet. It's hard to see Siraj break in when India has 5 quality fast bowlers.

What is the status on Ashwin? He was off the field quite a bit right?

I think if Ashwin is Fit, we might finally get two.back to back tests where kohli will field the same team. Don't see any reason to change this lineup going into the next game, unless the conditions are starkly different

Regarding Pant vs DK, it's hard to make a case for DK to come back into the squad after Pant"s show in this game. He looked very assured when playing the English bowlers whereas DK has had 4 very poor innings and has shown glaring weakness against the moving ball. Pant has outperformed DK behind the wickets easily

DK has a history of not grabbing the opportunities when he gets them. He has gotten limited chances and that can be tough. But a star player needs to grab whatever chances he gets and show that the team needs him. DK when given chances has almost always underperformed or been average. Never seen him set the stage on fire.

There is a reason we landed on saha as our test keeper instead of DK. And now Pant is posing a serious challenge to him. I was really rooting for DK because I enjoy the way he approaches his game on the field, but I feel like he will just end up as one of those players who were talented but never made it count when it mattered

Inspite of India all but assured of a victory, I can't shake off the no-ball wicket off Bumrah. The last two wickets have already added 70 runs and that includes Broad and Anderson. It doesn't affect the outcome much in this match but it's quite frustrating to see.

Knott
Taber
Read c
Nevill
Dunusinghe
pant

all top took 7 catches on debut, pant has excellent chance to add one more to night

Pant also become 4th Indian keeper who took 5 catches on Debut besides

Tamhane (1955)
Ojha N (2015)
More (1986)
Pant (2018)
Congratulations!!

congratulation k Rahul for 7 catches in a match,he is close to level RAHANES world record 8 catches in the slips in srilanka test.
match might over yesterday if

buttler 0 -106
rashid 0- 30*

DISMISS ON caught behind / no ball.

Users who are viewing this thread