India tour of England 2018

What is it with Kohli and tosses?

Batting 4th on this wicket, hmm....

England to be 320/3 at close of play.

And yes, Cook will finally have a good day. Surely he's been out of form for too long.

Can we get them 3 or 4 down before lunch. Anything less than that would be England's session. Seems like a hard pitch which will be good to bat on in the afternoon. Need to do some damage in the pre-lunch session. Cook's looking really solid so far with his intent.[DOUBLEPOST=1535624239][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is it with Kohli and tosses?

Batting 4th on this wicket, hmm....

England to be 320/3 at close of play.

280/5 is my prediction.

not with Bumrah bowling no balls

This is criminal !!! When will he learn ?

Everytime he bowls a no ball that matters, we lose the game. If Root goes on to score a hundred, its a series-ending no ball, just like the CT Final and the WT20 semi-final. It already seems to have had such a deflating effect. On a non-bowling day like this, mistakes like these could cost big time. This is like the Jadeja drop of Cook in 2014.

India don't lose the review. Do they not on a no-ball?

It's disheartening to see him bowl the no-balls and not learn from past mistakes.

Everytime he bowls a no ball that matters, we lose the game. If Root goes on to score a hundred, its a series-ending no ball.

Was about to post the same thing .. this is painful as an Indian fan

The wicket is going to flatten out within a few overs. And Root my go for a feast if he gets through

And adding salt to injury - the verdict would have been overturned. Oh my :mad

Another no ball by Bumrah!! 4 for 2 would've been excellent but he had to bowl another one of those. :facepalm

WTF boom! It was plumb!

And adding salt to injury - the verdict would have been overturned. Oh my :mad

Phew! Root gone to an inswinger again without doing further damage. One positive for India is that we have 3 guys who can bowl good short deliveries against guys like Moeen and even Bairstow who has a dodgy thumb. With Cook looking settled there, it might be worth giving Ashwin a couple of overs to shuffle it around. Cook is definitely looking really solid today and seems to be in for the long haul.

Last edited:
Just when I was going to say good to see Kohli persisting with Bumrah post drinks, he brings up Pandya out of nowhere when Ishant is bowling superbly

Hope he can keep it tight

Just when I was going to say good to see Kohli persisting with Bumrah post drinks, he brings up Pandya out of nowhere when Ishant is bowling superbly

Hope he can keep it tight

The key is Cook's wicket here. If we can get him in this session, that means the likes of Moeen, Stokes and Butler have to score a much larger chunk. England have been in such positions before and the likes of Ali, Butler, Stokes and Curran have very often rescued them.

Can we make this a 6 wicket session. Just get the feeling, we are going to see a lot of frustrating tail wagging if England are not 6 down by lunch. Shami has been really disappointing after the first 2 test.

Last edited:
It's been excellent from Shami, Ishant and Hardik. Bumrah has leaked quite a few runs, sadly.

Would be much a stronger attack with Umesh instead of Bumrah.

Bumrah's fine for limited overs cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread