India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah me too sthought the same.Seems there might be some rift between Srikanth and Badri.He is picking Vijay,Balaji and Karthik.Why not Badri?

Guys, the middle order is too packed right now. There is no way Badri would make it in. Yuvi has not put a foot wrong since his comeback so there is no reason to drop him at the moment. If Badri were to have been in the team it would have had to be in the England series to replace Ganguly. Now he will have to wait till Yuvi fails or one of the Terrific Three (:p?) retires. I'm sure he will get selected as long as Srikkanth is selector. I'm confident he is next in line.

Although it pains me to say, hopefully we hear an announcement from Dravid in the next few weeks, if you know what I mean...

Man I've been waiting for this series for a long time, can't wait for India to get here. It feels like forever since they were last here. The 20/20's and ODI's are going to be close. I really don't like India, but I enjoy watching alot of there players. India will win the 20/20's 2-0, but I think NZ will win the ODI's. 3-2 or 3-1, depending on the whether.

The ODI team I would like to see:

1.Jesse Ryder*
2.Martin Guptill
3.Ross Taylor
4.Grant Elliot*
5.Jacob Oram$
6.Brendon McCullum
7.Nathan McCullum$
8.Kyle Mills$
9.Ian Butler$
10.Tim Southee$
11.Daneil Vettori$

*Bowling Option
$Bowler

I think this team here gives New Zealand a very good balance. And the thing I really like about it is the whole team can bat. It also gives us very good hitting power with Grant Elliot being the only knock-around guy. If Oram can't play Franklin would come into the team, and I would push Brendon McCullum up to five and put Franklin at six. The reason I want McCullum down the order is that Moles want's to conserve wickets at the start, so why waste McCullum up the top if we are going to do that. Save him for the Batting powerplay with the likes of Oram, McCullum, and Mills as well as Butler and Southee.

Remember that you guys will play Dhoni's men for the first time and Dhoni's men are technically on par with the best ODI side in the world right now (South Africa). You guys didnt win against Australia who are not as good as India at the moment.

You guys have a better chance in the tests. But I think India are in a very good position in both ODI's and T20's

NZ's best chance in the ODIs will come with very green tops. Sehwag, Yusuf, Sharma and maybe Yuvraj will not be able to handle it. Then again, there's not much Yusuf can handle :p.

Expect green and only green wherever India goes. :p

Hmm, I reckon even if there are only green pitches, We won'tdie completely. We have a fairly similair bowling attack to NZ's, The likes of Zaheer and Ishant could be lethal in these conditions, Except they (NZ) probably have more batsmen who are more used to the conditions...

Well looking at greentops, IIRC the likes the Zaheer, Srinath and maybe even Nehra (don't remember the exact guys) did pretty well back in 2003. There's no reason why an improved Zaheer and Ishant cannot do the same or better!

I guess with Badri, the selectors are looking to put him in after Dravid. I mean, they wouldn't just give him a contract for no reason.

Most of you guys haven't seen a game played in NZ for awhile have you? :D

Pitches won't be green (unless they do that just for you guys but that is doubtful) they have been great batting pitches over the last few years with minimal help for bowlers. I think the bounce will be one of the biggest things to get use to rather than swing and seam. Also the cooler conditions along with the wind in some places like Wellington.

I don't think the pitches will be 'too-green' as that could prove counter productive for the Kiwis who don't really have a very good batting line up. Also India have much better bowlers now. That apart their main bowler and captain is a spinner. So it won't be the same wickets as the last time India went there. India start as favourites. Don't expect much in the first Test though!;) Although it might be time to turn that corner now.

Most of you guys haven't seen a game played in NZ for awhile have you? :D

Pitches won't be green (unless they do that just for you guys but that is doubtful) they have been great batting pitches over the last few years with minimal help for bowlers. I think the bounce will be one of the biggest things to get use to rather than swing and seam. Also the cooler conditions along with the wind in some places like Wellington.

These things changes when India comes to play.

These things changes when India comes to play.

Yeah, but this time I guess they might not have greenish pitches. Although NZ are a good fighting side, they have been affected by the ICL takeover of some of their very good players. And with the Indian bowling even more strengthened than what it was last time (Zaheer blew NZ off last time and this time, he is one of the worls's best now) along with the new sensational Ishant (he does well even on non-responsive wickets, just imagine how he will be on helpful wickets).

So I expect the wickets to be more on the batting side this time (of course compared to the Indian wicket's bounce, there will be much much higher bounce).

Users who are viewing this thread