India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And poor Ishant is so skinny, He will get blown away by the wind.

Well I am a bit unsatisfied with the selections this time.I feel Rahane should've been picked instead of Balaji in the Test Squad

Well I am a bit unsatisfied with the selections this time.I feel Rahane should've been picked instead of Balaji in the Test Squad

A batsman taking a bowler's spot? Makes no sense to me. We have to have two backup pacemen for New Zealand.

They will probably make the most of Ishant's extra pace in that case; he'll bowl with the wind.

He'll have a no ball problem though, takes a leap and gets blown ahead of the line.

The good thing is, we have two T20's and an ODI series before the test matches.

I am worried about Dravid-Laxman because the plan to have them play for a NZ domestic side to get practice looks to be in jeopardy. They need practice because they get in directly into the test arena which is the biggest point of this tour. India should somehow try to force these players into the NZ domestic sides for practice games.

For tests, Irfan is not there. Zaheer and Ishant are certain. Who will be the 3rd pacer? Munaf or Balaji? I hope its Balaji. He will be very useful in these swinging conditions.

The biggest plus point for India is, " Inconsistency of the Hosts! ". Let me see if Kiwis can impress me on this tour.. when they played test in Aus - It was damn horrible.. when they played ODIs in Aus - it was an average performance struggled to get wins on first 2 ODIs though.

India is not a great team when comes to abroad as well.. But after Dhoni's men won CB series, expectations on this young fighting team is on a exponential curve. Lets see how well they keep it. Trying to draw the test series and putting up a nice fight in ODIs is what i hope for. :)

i think the indian team will be pretty disappointed if they dont win both the test series as well as the odis,i expect them to do it pretty convincingly.

Rather I don't want them to loose poorly in Kiwi conditions.. which they have been doing in previous tours.. I have watched 2-3 kiwi tours only till now but everyone of those were annoying to watch.. because I got up at around 3 in morning to see the test match and Indians will be playing horribly in that.. I still remember how Brian Young and Matthew Horne frustrated the Indian bowlers by playing damn slowly without loosing their wicket once.. :rolleyes:

but oh well, everything has been changed now.. Teams and their composition and their leadership and their abilities .. all have changed. So this time, I hope they don't disappoint the Indian spectators who had to get up very early in the morning to watch this :p

By the way, any news on what channel its going to be telecasted in India?

I'm looking forward to this series, will be cheering on the Kiwi's. They're probably my 2nd team after England, probably joint alongside the Windies. McCullum's going to score a hundred in every innings tbh.

Nah, I reckon Zaheers swing and Ishant deadly pace will be able to suss him out pretty easily. The only real threat I see in the NZ Batting Line up is Ross Taylor, That guy has really impressed me since his debut.

Apparently Bhajji's fitter than ever :D Sexy time

McCullum performed well against England in New Zealand against Sidebottom and Anderson, he's proved he can play swing. McCullum's New Zealand's danger man, if you let him get going he'll destroy you, that counts for any attack in the world. New Zealand have a decent side, under-rate them at your peril, England did and got beaten in the 1st Test, and they're much stronger now than they were then as well. McCullum, Taylor, Oram, Vettori, Southee and then the newer guys like Ryder, Elliot, Guptill etc. I think they're going to give you a run for your money, if not beat you, India don't have a great record in New Zealand at all.

I have a feeling a lot of our newer guys are going to be exposed here. Raina and Yousuf Pathan possibly for starters. I have no idea how they play against quality swing since ever since they got into the ODI side, we've playing on pancakes.

This will be a test Gambhir too I believe. He has already proved himself in Australia and the sub continent pitches. If he succeeds here then I will be pretty convinced that he can perform well anywhere in the world.

I'm also a bit worried about Sehwag. Sure he can play the square cut repeatedly and amass massive amounts of runs, but he struggles against the inswinger. If the Kiwis figure that out they've got him.

Users who are viewing this thread