India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gambhir's not played a Test outside the subcontinent against a current Test side. He's barely proven himself in Australia, and 10 ODi's performing well don't go anyway to proving he'll be a good Test player there. In his experience in similar conditions to NZ (England) he played 4 games, made 113 runs at 28, hardly impressive. This tour could be the making of Gambhir, or it could prove him to be another subcontinental batsman that flourishes in Asia, but fails to convert that form outside. Have to wait and see.

Yea I see what you're saying, but that was before his "comeback". He was actually pretty shite back then and made a comeback during the '08 season. But you are right in the sense that we can't judge him till he flourishes outside the subcontinent. Like I said this will be the true test for him.

It was that CB Series which made him as a player. He has a come back as a stronger player since and it is blatantly obvious in his technique. He's not that player that just swings at every ball outside off stump an hopes for the best anymore, Barring Sehwag, He's been our best batsmen in Tests. Bearing in mind he has a similair playing style to Sehwag.

I think this series will be closely contested. I expect India to win the ODIs 3-2 or 4-1. I expect results in all three Tests barring weather issues, and I'm going to tip New Zealand to take it 2-1.

Tendulkar is looking a little podgy in a photo I saw of him on cricinfo. Well, very podgy.

I doubt India will win the World Cup with Tendulkar in the side, he will be too old and fat then. But the Indian selectors will pander to the masses by picking him, and let him open so he can try to add to his world record number of tons, and the Indian side will be all the poorer for it.

South Africa to win the 2011 World Cup, with the dark horse being the West Indies.

As for the NZ tour, India should have chosen Sreesanth, his bowling is tailor made for NZ conditions. I still expect India to win this series, I know they have a poor record in NZ, but the NZ side is too weak and unproven to be a major threat. I wouldn't bet on it though, the Indian batting lineup don't inspire confidence when the going gets tough, if they lose the toss and get sent in on a greentop they might lose.

I feel the tests will be to India. By then, our ODI regulars would have had enough experience of NZ conditions (Dravid and Laxman the exceptions). Sachin should be ready for the tests and he is a major game decider.

I tip India to take the test series 2-0

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Tendulkar is looking a little podgy in a photo I saw of him on cricinfo. Well, very podgy.

I doubt India will win the World Cup with Tendulkar in the side, he will be too old and fat then. But the Indian selectors will pander to the masses by picking him, and let him open so he can try to add to his world record number of tons, and the Indian side will be all the poorer for it.

South Africa to win the 2011 World Cup, with the dark horse being the West Indies.

As for the NZ tour, India should have chosen Sreesanth, his bowling is tailor made for NZ conditions. I still expect India to win this series, I know they have a poor record in NZ, but the NZ side is too weak and unproven to be a major threat. I wouldn't bet on it though, the Indian batting lineup don't inspire confidence when the going gets tough, if they lose the toss and get sent in on a greentop they might lose.

Where did the World Cup come in? You just wanted to post some nonsense right?? If Jayasuriya can bat at 39, why cant Tendulkar? He is already playing limited games. He will continue doing that till the World Cup. He should play the World Cup because he gives the ODI side the balance and the experience.

Matttte... Wake up from the sleep :eek: You are one who posted in PaKVsSL thread that, Pakistan will get 200 runs lead and will bowl out Lankans.. :laugh Stop dreaming! ;)

Good to see Malik and Khan batting well together, maybe they can post triple centuries and then Pakistan can declare with a 200 run lead and bowl Sri Lanka out on the last day.

Oh well, back to this tour, after seeing how Indians struggle to adjust in Kiwis condition(I think the team was strong enough even when they toured last time and the one before last.. ), I can only say,

in ODIs - Ind(2)-(3)NZ and in Tests, Ind (0) - (3)NZ. Oh well you can curse me for having such a pessimistic view. But ... I really hope they prove me wrong :upray I would be jumpinig with joy if India ends up victorious in Kiwi soil.. :onpc

I don't know why so many Indian fans think India will lose the test series. I would love to see New Zealand win the test series, but I really can't see it happening. The pitches will not be green tops they will be your normal run of the mill test match pitches, maybe with abit of movement at the start.

I think NZ will win the ODI's though.

Hey guys IST time for the T20 to start? so i can get reasdy to leave my house andget into the upper floor with my friend ! :D

The ODIS and the tests will be very good if you reside in USA. For me, odis start at 8 pm and the 1st tests start at 6 pm, with the other two being at 530pm. It gets a lot better if you live in the pacific coast.

Anyways, India should win the Tests 2-0 provided IS or ZK dont get injured. For odis, india should win it again but by 3-2 margin. And T20s, the world champs will prevail. :P

Hey guys IST time for the T20 to start? so i can get ready to leave my house and get into the upper floor with my friend ! :D

It will start at 11:00AM IST on Set Max and DD 1. I am rather excited to see Team India in its new jersey more than the result of the match.

As we all read and many experts said this is a real testing time for Dhoni

Hope we see a good contest no matter the result is :D

The ODIS and the tests will be very good if you reside in USA. For me, odis start at 8 pm and the 1st tests start at 6 pm, with the other two being at 530pm. It gets a lot better if you live in the pacific coast.
Oh shucks. I saw the timings for the T20's and thought they were ODI's and decided not to buy the series since the timings were going to be awkward. :(

Really looking forward to the T20 tomorrow. The timing is decent for me as well, 6AM in the morning till about 9AM, I can just go into school a bit late...

Users who are viewing this thread