India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harbhajahn Singh: We will win 5-0

Not a good start, (of course it could still be done)but if the T20 is a good indication, it won't be happening Bhajji.

Pathans are bowling!

New Zealand still have hope, must gorge for max tho.

So what is the excuse going to be, for this crap performance India? :p Looks like Yuvraj is going to struggle on real pitches ;) I was trying to find the quote about New Zealand being thrashed in the 20/20 but it must have been deleted :p

Well done New Zealand!!! :)

Recorded this as it started at 6am in the UK, and I have to say, I am loving this. Not only because India are collapsing (91/6 atm), but they've been slogging in between the wickets. I earmarked Yusuf Pathan as a slogger as soon as he came to the crease, and he proved that after just slogging a ridiculously wide ball down to Oram. Was a cracking catch by Oram as well though tbh.

The first over was a cracker as well, Southee did well against Gambhir, who looked completely off his game, he couldn't find any timing at all, seemed like his bat didn't have a middle. Then after that Sehwag went mad and smashed his first 3 balls for six. Awesome start, just proved if there's no swing he'll slog ya.

Loved Yuvraj's innings as well, he looked in great touch against Vettori :p

McCullum and Oram such a great partnership to watch they have got us home many times.

At least we have didn't repeat the mistakes in Australia got more singles and put away the bad balls.

Well done NZ. We played rubbish. Should have kept wickets in hand, the pitch was great and the outfield small. Really should have got 200+. But then there is always the next T20! :D

A nice win for the kiwis. I hope they win the whole series like this.

India always plays badly in there first match of any tour, and from there they comeback and play well. Nice win NZ :)

Good win for the Kiwis! Congrats to them!:happy

Hope India does better in the next match. India has to narrow down the gap in running between the wickets and fielding.

mukund_nadkarni added 1 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

The Kiwis have got a fantastic captain in Vettori, watch out India!

Was a good win, i missed the last 4 overs, had to run home from a mates at short notice.. Gutted. Sounded close.

The attendance looked really good for the Indian side, that is really great to see.

Looking forward to the ODI's coming up.
20/20 is just a warm up.
I want to see some class Indian cricket in the ODI's and Tests.

I was at the game, was a good crowd, best cricket one i've been to. Wasn't sold out though.

There were a lot of sixes, one of the boundaries is really short because of the changes to the stadium. Sehwag started with 3 sixes, was amazing. O'Brien bowled great again. He's been in great form ever since he played in Bangladesh. Vettori had Yusuf Pathan PLUMB and kinda paid when he hit McCullum for 3 sixes, but Oram was brilliant and had him caught. Bad slogging really, it was a wide he got out to. Got too carried away. India just lost wickets too regularly. A few balls kept low but NZ's bowlers exploited it better and our batters played it better. If anything it woulda been worse second innings.

Battingwise, it was an almost perfect performance. McCullum anchored it and guys played shots around him. Guptill played another blinder but was lucky not to be given first ball. Oram and Taylor hit some nice shots! Both played really well. Only problem is Ryder got out cheap, but hopefully he comes good. His bowling was fantastic.

Overall, a bit concerned about Southee after bowling half trackers and balls going down leg first over. I'd have Butler over him once Mills is fit again. Butler bowled well.

Last edited:
Well done to NZ. If this game was anything to go by then this series will be very fun to watch, can't wait for Fridays game now :)

Brendon McCullum's a legend. Told ya he'd give India a spanking. Hope he keeps up this sensible approach, he's still scoring at over a run a ball, but with far more intelligence about his batting. Just showing far more maturity recently, wanting to lead New Zealand home. Helps that guys like Guptill, Ryder, Taylor and Oram are capable of hitting big boundaries which keeps the pressure off him. Great performance from New Zealand. India are rubbish outside Asia!!!!!!! :p

India always plays badly in there first match of any tour, and from there they comeback and play well. Nice win NZ :)

Ya ya, I know in SA tour they never recovered only! :p This is what I had been seeing for 2-3 Kiwi tours by Indians. So this loss did not surprise me either... In this conditions, Balaji..... haha.. I can't imagine only! :D

But wait, T20 can be anyone's day.. lets see how Indians perform in ODIs. :onpc

Users who are viewing this thread