India tour of New Zealand - March 2009

Your prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2 Tests, well done to the boards.

I'm looking forward to this series. Hopefully India won't be completely blown out like we were before the 2003 World Cup, where we lost everything.

I'm sorry but do India just enjoy only playing 2 tests? Has to be to do with the BCCI and keeping there status in the top 3! Less chance of a heavy series loss if you only play two tests!

I'm sorry but do India just enjoy only playing 2 tests? Has to be to do with the BCCI and keeping there status in the top 3! Less chance of a heavy series loss if you only play two tests!

i think its england which is losing to india but ya just a 2 test series sucks,it has more to with bcci wanting to make more money rather than your point which is ridiculous,the indian team is good enough and deserves to be in the top 3.

I'm sorry please rightfully jog on!! I care that we are losing but more so because we are only playing two tests! Test cricket is the real form of the game! According to the ICB (also known as the BCCI) One day cricket is far more important than test cricket and I don't see why they see it fit to only play two tests! It whicever team wins the first test can't lose the series to use an old fashioned saying ITS JUST NOT CRICKET!

holdenator added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I also have a great respect for the Indian players and do believe they are a very good side so dont say I am being bias towards England cos we are losing!

I search whole forum but can't find any single thread and it is also not even in index of this forum I can change it just tell me what I change in thread title

you dont do anything a mod shuts this one down and we all post in the other one.

India are touring NZ in this case and hence I doubt it is the Indians who chalk out the schedule.Add to it the fact that NZ along with SRL,PAK and Bangladesh are known to play 2-test series quite regularly and you`ll find out that BCCI is not to be blamed for this entirely.

Yes,we all agree that the India-England series being one of he iconic series at the moment must have been a 3 match series at least but even that was not possible because the English side wanted to be back home for Christmas.

aditya123 added 5 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

I'm sorry please rightfully jog on!! I care that we are losing but more so because we are only playing two tests! Test cricket is the real form of the game! According to the ICB (also known as the BCCI) One day cricket is far more important than test cricket and I don't see why they see it fit to only play two tests! It whicever team wins the first test can't lose the series to use an old fashioned saying ITS JUST NOT CRICKET!

holdenator added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

I also have a great respect for the Indian players and do believe they are a very good side so dont say I am being bias towards England cos we are losing!

Geez.
We only featured in a single two test match series against you.It is not as if India always play 2 test match series against good teams.
If I cast my mind back to the past 5 years, we have only played 2-test series against lesser sides like Zim and Bangladesh.Of the good oppositions, it is only the current England series and the 2002 test series in NZ which were /are two match series.

If you look at the series in NZ over the past few years, you would find a fair few 2 match series which were played.That might have something to do with the fact that test match cricket does not draw huge crowds in NZ.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

NZ have actually been quite a jinxed place/side for us.We have been able to win test matches everywhere and against every side except NZ in the past 6 years (we`ve only toured them once).

Threads merged.

I don't think that's a very fair analysis. In fact, in longer Test series, India has always been able to come back (since we typically lose the first Test). It is all about money. New Zealand is not the most lucrative market for cricket, and ODI cricket is far more lucrative than Test cricket. So you can blame them for being greedy, if you want.

Keep in mind that India hasn't played a 3-test series against New Zealand since 99/2000 so this is not an offset of the current regime by any stretch of the imagination. Also, it is worth noting that India played Sri Lanka in a 3-match series in their last visit there, whereas most touring countries just play 2 Tests in Sri Lanka.

damn, gotta wait till march :(

I was hoping to watch some cricket in break. aww

Since the Pakistan tour was called off it now looks like India wants to add another test to the series I hope it happens 2 tests is not enough. The NZ board would be stupid not take the offer it is not often we play many tests against good sides.

Might be a chance for Christchurch or Auckland to finally get a test match.

Since the Pakistan tour was called off it now looks like India wants to add another test to the series I hope it happens 2 tests is not enough. The NZ board would be stupid not take the offer it is not often we play many tests against good sides.

Might be a chance for Christchurch or Auckland to finally get a test match.
This is great news. I think the recent news from the BCCI to increase Test matches (starting with a possible 5-test series against England and now this) is good for world and Indian cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread