India vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

Here is some information about the trophy. Somebody has a picture of it?

Special Trophy: The Indo-Pak Friendship Cricket Cup, designed by Amit Pabuwal of Jaipur, will enter record books for being the biggest trophy made for any cricket tournament. The sparkling 45 kg trophy is made of gold, silver and diamonds with Jaipur's famous meenakari work around. The trophy has five players engraved at its base wearing India and Pakistan colours. The bottom has flags of both countries along with logos of the respective boards. The centre has ten golden stumps with a red ball striking them.

andrew_nixon said:
Final warning to stay on topic.

Why dont you guys allow us to start a new thread on the World Cup? I think there was a World Cup 2007 thread which aussie1st closed!

Well the mega event is having enormous expectations. And when the people want to discuss something, you ought to allow them to do it. The discussion will be exciting from now on and we can track the team's performance right from now leading to the mega event

And before you ask me to post this in the Staff Discussions area, I would like to say that I wanted the regular members to read this and thats why I am posting this here!

Anyways on India-Pakistan, I would ask the Indian supporters not to get too carried away! India are doing amazingly well in ODI's. Doesnt mean it should go on. There might be a blip somewhere in the middle. Its how we bounce back from it is the key. As Gooch says "India should not peak too early and should not get carried away". Same goes to the Indian fans. I would like Dhoni to score some runs against Pakistan, but looking for that double hundred in ODI's which comes on a truly special occasion is not good!

tsyrmas said:
Well Said Saisrini, Hopefully the boys upstairs will take note of what you said
i hope you, me and everyone take a note of that.

This match is just being played for $$, there is really no rivalry, though both teams want to win the matches.
Pakistan especially, because they want to come back after that series loss.
For India, its not a bad chance to try out new guys though i doubt they'll be doing that.

LIke i said before, the less discussion about this series, the much better it is.

Its being played for a good cause! and i don't get why people are arguing which team/player is better!!

Thanks God you ppl have came on the topic :) Btw which channel will show matches in Pakistan other than PTV as i get the sattelite PTV which dont show matches!

BTW thank you andrew for stopping ppl going off topics and making criticism on both teams!

Don't understand what all the fuss is about and why are ppl fighting with each other for these charity matches! They are a bunch of pointless matches, whose sole purpose is to generate money for quake victims - it won't determine, which is the better team.

alfa_beta said:
Don't understand what all the fuss is about and why are ppl fighting with each other for these charity matches! They are a bunch of pointless matches, whose sole purpose is to generate money for quake victims - it won't determine, which is the better team.
These r not pointless matches.They are being played for a cause and are International matches. :rolleyes:

The only point to these matches is the amount of money generated for the quake victims. Correct me if I am wrong, but do you think any match of "importance" can be held 2 days after a 7 match series has ended, and that too in a different country? Also, the matches are scheduled to be played on consecutive days - I am sure players would give off their best for these "life & death" matches.

gaurav_indian said:
These r not pointless matches.They are being played for a cause and are International matches. :rolleyes:

Cricinfo is saying 11:30 GMT, so that's probably the time when the match starts.

There's gonna be an opening ceremony as well for this series :rolleyes: So most probably the match starts at 11.30 GMT while the opening ceremony is held at 9.00 GMT.

India's on form, so can't wait for these matches.

If they don't have Mohammed Asif I reckon we'll do alrite!

Users who are viewing this thread