India vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

Turbanation said:
India's on form, so can't wait for these matches.

If they don't have Mohammed Asif I reckon we'll do alrite!

Well Asif with the new ball will be a challenge for the Indians again, especially for new guys like Uthappa and Raina.

andrew_nixon said:
Apparantley it's the opening ceremony for the stadium.

Even though the first games were played there in December 2002.
In my opinion it?s simply pointless.

Raina played Asif in the series against Pak recently and did a decent job in the couple of chances he got to bat. In fact he guided India to victory in the 4th odi scoring an unbeaten 39 against Asif, Sami etc.

Hariz said:
Well Asif with the new ball will be a challenge for the Indians again, especially for new guys like Uthappa and Raina.

The whole series is pointless, not just the opening ceremony!

usy said:
In my opinion it?s simply pointless.

alfa_beta said:
The whole series is pointless, not just the opening ceremony!
I already said that, and I agree that.

I hope indian selectors try out new players like Uthappa, Rao, Raina etc. and rest players like Dravid & Pathan. No point risking main players when windies tour is just a couple of weeks away!

usy said:
I already said that, and I agree that.

same goes to Asif etc.. because England tour would be a Big one for Pakistan.

I doubt if India will be resting their key players. They have already rested most of them in view of having them fit for these two matches. So the Indians will be taking these matches seriously. After all, any match against Pakistan is serious for them. So this most probably would be the combination that India would field for the first game

V.Sehwag
R.Uthappa
R.Dravid
Y.Singh
S.Raina
MS Dhoni
I Pathan
A Agarkar
R Powar
H Singh
S Sreesanth

We can play five bowlers, we have a so called all rounder Ajit Agarkar and a recently successful lower order hitter, Ramesh Powar. I think this team would be good for the first match. I think Sehwag would be preferred over Kaif. And I think India need to play five bowlers most of the times in ODI cricket. They need to have them if they want to win the World Cup!

well zee start coverage at 11:00 BST so i doubt they'll show the ceremony!!
i really wanted to see the ceremony

Last edited:
It's ideal time to experiment all the innovative approaches in this match from the Indian perspective.They call it a good bench strength!

I will have Kaif in place of a bowler - the batting lineup looks a bit light. And anyways, all the bowlers go for runs in odis and a combination of yuvraj and sehwag can easily fill in the breach. India's strength is batting and they should stick to it.

saisrini80 said:
I doubt if India will be resting their key players. They have already rested most of them in view of having them fit for these two matches. So the Indians will be taking these matches seriously. After all, any match against Pakistan is serious for them. So this most probably would be the combination that India would field for the first game

V.Sehwag
R.Uthappa
R.Dravid
Y.Singh
S.Raina
MS Dhoni
I Pathan
A Agarkar
R Powar
H Singh
S Sreesanth

We can play five bowlers, we have a so called all rounder Ajit Agarkar and a recently successful lower order hitter, Ramesh Powar. I think this team would be good for the first match. I think Sehwag would be preferred over Kaif. And I think India need to play five bowlers most of the times in ODI cricket. They need to have them if they want to win the World Cup!

Hariz said:

Asif is a gentle pace swing bowler, if only he had the speed of Munaf's, he would have been really dangerous.

Indians will play Asif well, i don't think he will be able to do much, in the 5 onedayers he played for Pakistan and did nothing great.

Bob in his latest interview has said that its important for Pakistan to beat India as they still haven't forgotten the suffering and humiliation of the shameful 4-1 defeat at the hands of Indian in Pakistan.I real feel sorry for Inzi and his boys, a futher 2-0 loss might lead to country wide street protest in Pakistan.Though to be honest cricket is just a game, if your bowlers are getting thrashed, you can stop thinking about them and apreciate the great talent of Dhoni and Sehwag.

Lets all of us support Dhoni in this match.

I'll support Dhoni... getting out for a duck. :D

Seriously, this is not a war. Respect both of the sides here as both teams have amazing talents (directed to no one in particular, just making a point) and enjoy the series, it's that simple. The world won't end if either side fails...

SA87 said:
Asif is a gentle pace swing bowler, if only he had the speed of Munaf's, he would have been really dangerous.

Indians will play Asif well, i don't think he will be able to do much, in the 5 onedayers he played for Pakistan and did nothing great.

Bob in his latest interview has said that its important for Pakistan to beat India as they still haven't forgotten the suffering and humiliation of the shameful 4-1 defeat at the hands of Indian in Pakistan.I real feel sorry for Inzi and his boys, a futher 2-0 loss might lead to country wide street protest in Pakistan.Though to be honest cricket is just a game, if your bowlers are getting thrashed, you can stop thinking about them and apreciate the great talent of Dhoni and Sehwag.

Munaf isn't much faster then Asif, I guess you haven't seen Asif in the Srilanka series. Asif bowls 85-88 Mph.

Muhammad Asif said:
munaf is not that great sppedstar just an ordinary medium bowler.

according to speed? he is a fast medium bowler and the same as your dear "Asif"

frankly, i am surprised to see green dots under your name... WOW!!! Superb job!

SA87 said:

I saw Asif's speed when he played against India. He was bowling at the speed that Munaf bowls. I didnt notice it much to say whether he is faster or not, but he is in the exact same zone with that of Munaf

Users who are viewing this thread