India vs Pakistan in Abu Dhabi

Speaking from a "normal" Pakistani Fan:

India will hade the upper button pushed in because of their recent 4-1 victory and demolishing of England..
But I still beleive in this series the chance of winning is 50/50 or 55/45 to India! :)

May the best team win! :)
I predict 1-1...

And I think I also read someone ask why is this series played?
If I am not wrong, I think the money go to the Eartquake Victims! :happy
R.I.P :upray

anakwalajinn said:
And I think I also read someone ask why is this series played?
If I am not wrong, I think the money go to the Eartquake Victims! :happy
R.I.P :upray
Money from the first ODI goes towards the earthquake victims, although 1 million dollars goes to line the pockets of the Abu Dhabi Cricket Council.

Not really on the topic of the matches, but concerns one of the players. What has happened to Salman Butt? Wasn't it Farhart and Malik who opened in the test series against Sri Lanka?

Has he been dropped?

JamesyJames3 said:
Not really on the topic of the matches, but concerns one of the players. What has happened to Salman Butt? Wasn't it Farhart and Malik who opened in the test series against Sri Lanka?

Has he been dropped?
It seems like the selectors are giving Farhat a chance due to Butt's shortcomings against India in the ODIs, which is absolutely ridiculous IMO.

nightprowler10 said:
It seems like the selectors are giving Farhat a chance due to Butt's shortcomings against India in the ODIs, which is absolutely ridiculous IMO.

That is! Was he dropped originally or did he have an injury? Because I thought he was great against England. A lot of potential. Better than Malik anyway.

Butt is out of form, that's why he was left out. But Farhat is also finally being given a chance again since he was good in domestic cricket. It's a good sign that selectors keep an eye on people who perform in domestic cricket, because it's very tough to get in the Pakistani team. For example Muhammad Hafeez is in great form currently. But the previous times he has failed when he came into Pakistan team.. Just like Hasan Raza used to be before the start of the Pakistan vs England series.

andrew_nixon said:
Money from the first ODI goes towards the earthquake victims, although 1 million dollars goes to line the pockets of the Abu Dhabi Cricket Council.

The One million dollars is being paid by the BCCI to use the ground.
It's not money earned from the match,andrew.

iceman_waugh said:
The One million dollars is being paid by the BCCI to use the ground.
It's not money earned from the match,andrew.
I know. But on most occasions stadia are given free or at low cost for charity events. The Abu Dhabi Cricket Council should not be charging that much for a charity game. If they're making a profit out of a charity game, they should be ashamed of themselves.

If I am not mistaken,I think its the first ever International the ADCC is hosting.

Anyways,would be a keen contest.
Can't wait to see the Indians take on their arch-rivals.

JamesyJames3 said:
Because I thought he was great against England. A lot of potential.

Against England, and I made this point a lot during the series on the forum that I moderate, He looked to have a major technical problem in his game.

The pitches were as flat and dead as you are ever likely to see in test cricket, and with that came absolutely no seam movement. So everytime the ball was outside the offstump he was able to play the cover drive with relative ease and confidence. However even with the pitches offering no seam movement he still played and missed a fair few, and when he got out it was more than often knicking one through to the keeper or slips.

On pitches with a bit of bounce or seam, or when the ball is swinging prodigiously he has a real problem dealing with anything outside offstump and pitched up. On a good day he'll get a few runs before knicking one, on a bad day he is back in the pavillion early. Mentally he has struggled to put that shot away when the conditions do not suit it, and it has been his undoing. However as you also hinted on he is young, and has a lot of potential.

If he matures as a batsman, adds a few strokes to his armoury and improves his shot selection outside offstump on pitches that are not flat as a pancake, he will become a more than useful opener at test level.

cricket_lover said:
just boycott his posts man, no point in replying to idiots (i'm sorry if it is against the rules, but i just had to...).

Lets talk about this series right now..

well series is fixed 1_1 ;)

SA87 said:
What India will do in the WC '07 Final with Australia remains to be seens, you should be worried about as to from which fright Pak team would be comming back home after their early exit in the first round.

Comming to ADhabi matches, i don't know India is playing with Pakistan, India need to play competitive cricket with stronger teams, matches with Pak team serve no purpose as the results of the matches are already known and its only bring boredome to the fans and our cricketer while playing against incompetenet opponents.

oh well i know alot about india cicket

i watch alot of indian cricket programs where they say all this stuff so i know alot about indian bats man

except dravid and tendulkar all the indian bats man are falt track bullies
;)
did you see the third test match between pak and india where dhoni was clearly strugling to take on our bowlers if not then go and watch that match again then you will know that pitch plays huge rule in cricket ;)

if you think i am fighting with you then you are wrong ;)

Last edited:
cricket_lover said:
I feel India have the edge, but you cannot write off Pakistan because they have a good bowling line-up.

just because you are indian it does not mean india have the edge ;)

barmyarmy2050 said:
just because you are indian it does not mean india have the edge ;)

leave alone cricket_lover, according to current form, anyone would say that india hold the edge with these upcoming matches in abu dhabi against pakistan. in fact i would say they are overwhelming favorites to win both matches! they have thrashed pakistan 4-1 in the recently concluded ODI's and have thrashed england 4-1 with 1 more match to go and one abandoned! and we have thumped sri lanka 6-1. now what makes you deny that india dont have the edge?

indeed, if you dont agree, you are running away from the real fact. yeah of course, ODI's are won by the team in form on that day. but as per current form goes, India are favorites!

Users who are viewing this thread