Indian Premier League - General Discussion

fearsome tweak off Nandan.

Excellent bowling from Harbhajan and Bumrah! Wonder why Harbhajan didnt play against Pune. Thats one amazing economy from him along with two big wickets. Similar with Bumrah, who is lethal with his yorkers.

On a sidenote, I really feel for that kid Baba Aparajith. He has been a very exciting allround prospect in domestic cricket and yet he has been royally ignored by all the franchises that he has been signed up for (CSK and Pune). I am not sure if he has even played a game for CSK and he has not played a game for Pune yet. He is this guy who is picked up but not played at all. He is a big hitting allrounder who bowls offspin.

Last edited:
Excellent bowling performance by MI today and Nitish Rana alongside Parthiv Patel and krunal pandya made sure that MI chase this one without any major hiccups.Dew factor does play a factor in night games in Mumbai,SRH needed atleast 190 to make it challenging for MI.

Edit - Rashid Khan was brilliant again today so was Bhuvi. Warner said in the post interview that Rashid Khan was practising with the wet ball in the nets in order to get used to the dew factor - this shows how good and hard working the young leggie is! and also in the match only one full toss in his spell and for a leggie to bowl with so much of dew around it was exceptional. A brilliant prospect for Afghanistan ,SRH and world cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good win by MI. Being a SRH supporter, that was painful to see. Warner and Dhwan played well, but there was absolutely no support from the middle order. If someone had fired, SRH could have got to at least 180. Mumbai bowled very well in those last few overs, bit Hyderbad still had a decent chance but poor death bowling followed. I hope SRH will put this defeat behind them and come back strong for the next match. Things to focus are on death bowling and able to push on after given a good platform. SRH failed to push on and get to 170-180.

Bad day for SRH started by some bad decisions made by them, one of them was dropping Moises. They were unlucky to not find gaps in the field.

Bad day for SRH started by some bad decisions made by them, one of them was dropping Moises. They were unlucky to not find gaps in the field.
Henriques was sick so he could not play this match.You think they would drop him after scoring fifties in the first two games?

Nothing unlucky about that. Either the shot selections were bad or MI's fielding positions were good.

Meanwhile, did someone notice it during the game?
17862701_293416894405057_555381964500451213_n.jpg

People here won't believe me, but reliable sources tell me that MSD is not happy at RSP and is just being a consummate pro. He will lead CSK from 2018.

Surprised to see no discussion on Narine opening the innings.

Surprised to see no discussion on Narine opening the innings.
I was not amused at all, after seeing his tinge of opening in the BBL but he literally won it for KKR.

Users who are viewing this thread