Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Dinesh Karthik is such a prime candidate for a run out. He looks as if he's waiting "to run himself or his partner" out. Has absolutely zero trust in his partners.

Shardul Thakur has really impressed this match! So far, 3 overs for 14 runs with the wicket of Dwayne Smith. He has already surpassed the steep expectations that were placed on him. He needs persistence and the time with players like Dhoni, Smith, Faf, etc. But this time, its going to be almost impossible for Pune to avoid the wooden spoon. Last season they were on the edge and Dhoni saved them. This time, I doubt it.

Last edited:
Andrew Tye was interviewed 2 times tonight . And everytime when the interview was finished , he just went with a waving hand , saying "Thanks Guys/Everyone" , with a smiling face .
It was so good to watch that gesture . :)

Rashid Khan strikes again . Some big wickets for him so far in this season Rohit ,Raina and Gambhir all very good players of spin succumb to his leg spin or Googly.

Bhuvi is looking in very good form.It's a shame that he played only 2 tests in the 13 test matches we had in the home season.
And I hope gets a call-up for CT. Looking forward to see Shami bowl today. Fastest ball in this IPL by a local is held by Aaron at 148kmph followed by Umesh and Ishan in mid 147s! Shami could get there!

Looking forward to monitor these youngsters for the season: Rashid, Rana, KP, Samson, Pant, Siraj(hope he gets a game or two), Rahul Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Natarajan (hope he gets back in the place of Lord Ishat or Lord Aaron), Jayant, Tripathi, Vohra.

I don't see the point of having an opening ceremony in each ground, seems like a massive waste of money and time.

Warner made a mistake by not sending a batsmen comfortable playing against spin instead of Henriques.

Users who are viewing this thread