Sign-ups International Cricket - 1991/2 and onwards

Who will win the 1991/2 ODI World Cup in Australia and NZ in this league?

• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• India

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Sri Lanka

• West Indies

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@NaviN GandhI

Tour schedule for the Pakistan tour of South Africa is up on the blog.
As no South African manager has signed up, I will manage the South African team in order to get things progressing more quickly.
First tour Match Preview with Pitch and Weather Conditions to follow before you will be asked to select an XI for the match.

@CerealKiller

Tour schedule for West Indies tour of Sri Lanka is up on the blog.
Just waiting on the Sri Lankan manager to select his Sri Lanka A squad for the first 3 day Tour match.

Here is a link to the blog for this story:

Planet Cricket - International Cricket - 1991/2 onwards

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
South Africa A v Pakistan - 3 day First Class warmup match - at Johannesburg - Match Conditions and Injury Report

Match Conditions:

Pitch: 62 - A well prepared pitch which should play pretty well at least for the first four days, with just enough life in it to encourage the fast bowlers at the start. The wicket is expected to take a bit of spin late in the game but this should be a pretty good contest between bat and ball.
Day 1 Pitch: - 7A - Fast Paced Wicket - Offers the genuine Fast bowlers assistance, and also increases batsmen's strike/scoring rate
Day 2, 3 Pitch (depending on rate of wear): - 5 - Normal, then late in match becoming - 8A - Some assistance for Spinners.
Day 1 Weather: - 2 - Hot and Sunny

Injury Report (unavailable for selection):

Ijaz Ahmed failed a fitness test and will miss 1 game with Hamstring Trouble.
Akram Raza failed a fitness test and will miss 1 game with a Knee Injury.

@NaviN GandhI

Please choose your XI from the available fit players in your squad for this match, and let me know whether you would like to Bat or Bowl if you win the Toss.
This is only the first of two 3 day First Class warmup matches, so you may like to give some of your fringe players a chance.
Take into account the pitch conditions and weather conditions, which will have a big bearing on which bowlers are likely to gain assistance.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
South Africa A v Pakistan - 3 day First Class warmup match - at Johannesburg - South Africa A XI

South Africa A have named the following players in their XI for the 3 day First Class warmup game in Johannesburg.

South Africa A:

A.C.Hudson (Opener)
M.W.Rushmere (Opener)
W.J.Cronje (c) RM
D.J.Cullinan
J.N.Rhodes
B.M.McMillan RFM
D.J.Richardson (wk)
P.L.Symcox OB
C.E.Eksteen SLA
T.Bosch RF
B.N.Schultz LF

@NaviN GandhI

Please name your Pakistani XI from your squad for this match, bearing in mind the injuries to Ijaz Ahmed and Akram Raza which make them unavailable for this match.
Also let me know whether you want to Bat or Bowl first if you win the Toss.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@NaviN GandhI

Please also name a 15 man Pakistan A squad for a short tour of Australia in August 1991/2 from the following list of players not picked for your Test tour of South Africa.
As it is a short tour, you will only need 1 wicket keeper, a replacement being flown for if necessary.

Zahoor Elahi
Rameez Raja
Aamer Malik RFM
Shahid Saeed RM
Shakeel Ahmed (wk)
Zahid Fazal

Basit Ali
Atif Rauf
Asif Mujtaba SLA
Ijaz Ahmed jnr OB

Manzoor Elahi RFM
Naved Anjum RFM

Nadeem Abbasi (wk)

Nadeem Khan SLA
Arshad Khan OB

Mohsin Kamal RFM
Saleem Jaffer LFM
Ashfaq Ahmed RFM
Kabir Khan LFM
Mohammad Akram RFM
Zakir Khan RFM

If I am missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add them if they are available.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Australia - other players available in 1991/2 for A team and Tour matches

M.L.Hayden
G.S.Blewett RM
M.R.J.Veletta
J.L.Langer
M.J.Slater

D.S.Lehmann SLA
M.G.Bevan SLC
D.R.Martyn
S.G.Law RM
M.L.Love
R.T.Ponting RM

P.A.Emery (wk)
A.C.Gilchrist (wk)

G.K.Robertson OB
P.L.McIntyre LBG
C.R.Miller OB
G.B.Hogg SLC

M.S.Kasprowicz RFM
J.Angel RF
D.W.Fleming RFM
B.P.Julian LFM
B.A.Williams RF
M.J.Nicholson RFM

I found most of these players were active at least under 19 level in 1991/2 on the cricketarchive website and are thus available for A team games and tour matches.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@PresidentEvil

Please name an 18 man Australian squad for your 2 Test and 3 ODI tour of Zimbabwe in 1991/2 from the 1st list of available Australian players.
You may also then choose a provisional 15 man Australia A squad for your series v Pakistan A from the remaining players in either list above.
The 18 man Test and ODI squad will remain the same for the tour of Zimbabwe barring tour ending injuries, but you may add players who perform well in tour matches v Pakistan A to your provisional Australia A squad.

We already have a Pakistan manager, so we can begin the A tour straight away once squads are posted.
If no one signs up for Zimbabwe in the meantime, I will manage them so we can start the tour and ensure everyone who has signed up can start playing some matches over the next few days.

Unfortunately due to 9 Test teams and the uneven split, at this point India will remain idle, waiting for South Africa to finish their series with Pakistan.
To rectify this shortfall, I will organise a short West Indies A tour of India in August 1991/2 to fill in the time for the Indian manager.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
West Indies - players available for A team and Tour matches

P.A.Wallace
S.C.Williams
S.L.Campbell
S.Ragoonath
R.G.Samuels

R.I.C.Holder
K.L.T.Arthurton SLA
S.Chanderpaul LBG
F.L.Reifer

C.O.Browne (wk)
R.D.Jacobs (wk)

R.Dhanraj LBG
R.N.Lewis LBG
N.O.Perry OB

A.C.Cummins RFM
I.A.Allen RFM
C.E.Cuffy RF
O.D.Gibson RF
F.A.Rose RF
A.H.Gray RF

@CerealKiller

Please choose 15 players for your West Indies A squad for the tour of India in August 1991/2 from the above list of available players.
As it is a short tour, you will only need 1 wicket keeper, a replacement being flown for if needed.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
India - other players available for A team and Tour matches in 1991/2 (but not yet available for Tests) you might want to consider

V.Rathour
D.J.Gandhi
S.B.Bangar RM
S.Ramesh

V.G.Kambli
Gursharan Singh
R.S.Dravid (wk)

V.Yadav (wk)
S.S.Dighe (wk)
V.Dahiya (wk)
N.R.Mongia (wk)

A.R.Kapoor OB
R.K.Chauhan OB
N.M.Kulkarni SLA
S.V.Bahutule LBG

B.K.V.Prasad RMF
D.J.Johnson RMF
A.Kuruvilla RFM
P.L.Mhambrey RM

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Nitrogen

Please choose a provisional 15 man India A squad from the two lists of available players above, to take on West Indies A in a short series to begin the season.
You may add players to your squad who impress you in early tour games.

Last edited:

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Nitrogen and @CerealKiller

West Indies A tour of India 1991/2 - Tour Schedule

West Indies A will undertake a short tour India in August 1991/2.
The tour schedule is as follows:

3 day First Class warmup match v Young Indians at Sector 16 Stadium, Chandigarh
50 over List A warmup match v Young Indians at Cuttack
3 day First Class warmup match v Indian Board XI at Punjab CA Ground, Chandigarh
50 over List A warmup match v Young Indians at Lucknow

1st Unoffical ODI v India A at Nagpur

1st Unoffficial 4 day Test v India A at Kanpur

2nd Unofficial ODI v India A at Bangalore
3rd Unofficial ODI v India A at Delhi

2nd Unofficial 4 day Test v India A at Ahmedabad

Could both managers please post their 15 man West Indies A and India A squads for the series.
Only 1 wicket keeper is required, a replacement being sent for if necessary.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Australia will undertake a short tour of Zimbabwe in August 1991/2, the tour schedule is as follows:

3 day First Class warmup match v Zimbabwe A at Harare
50 over List A warmup match v Zimbabwe A at Harare
3 day First Class warmup match v Zimbabwean Board XI at Bulawayo
50 over List A warmup match v Zimbabwe Board XI at Bulawayo

1st ODI v Zimbabwe at Harare

1st Test v Zimbabwe at Harare

2nd ODI v Zimbabwe at Bulawayo
3rd ODI v Zimbabwe at Harare

2nd Test v Zimbabwe at Bulawayo

@PresidentEvil
Can you please name an 18 man Australian squad for their Test and ODI tour of Zimbabwe from the available players in the 1st Australian player list above.
Can you also please name a provisional 15 man Australia A squad from the players left on either list for their series with Pakistan A in Australia.

As no one has signed up to manage Zimbabwe, I will manage them along with South Africa for this story.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Na Maloom Afraad

Can you please name an 18 man England squad from the available list of players for a Test and ODI tour of New Zealand in 1991/2

@Greninja

Can you please name a provisional 15 man New Zealand A squad from either list of available New Zealand players above.

If either of you want to add any player not on either list, please ask and I will check if they are available.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Ok guys, thanks very much for the interest, I think I have given all managers something to do for now.
Am going to log off for a while and get some rest, will check back in later tonight to check on who has posted squads and lineups.
The closest tour to being underway is the Pakistan tour of South Africa.
I have posted pitch and weather conditions for the first 3 day warmup match v South Africa A earlier on this thread and in the story's dedicated blog

@NaviN GandhI
Could you please post your Pakistan XI for this match from your chosen squad for the tour, bearing in mind both Ijaz Ahmed and Akram Raza will miss the first game with injury.

Match Preview including Pitch and Weather conditions for the South Africa A v Pakistan 3 day First Class tour match can be found on the blog here:

Planet Cricket - International Cricket - 1991/2 onwards

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Zimbabwe A squad for 3 day First Class warm up match v Australia at Harare:

G.W.Flower SLA
G.J.Rennie
A.H.Shah RM
S.V.Carlisle

A.D.R.Campbell
A.C.Waller

G.J.Whittall RM
C.N.Evans RM
I.P.Butchart RM
G.J.Crocker LMF
M.P.Burmester RM

W.R.James (wk)

S.G.Peall OB
A.G.Huckle LBG

D.H.Brain LFM
A.C.I.Lock RM
J.A.Rennie RMF

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Zimbabwe A v Australia - 3 day First Class warm up match - Match Preview

Pitch: - 68 - This strip has been prepared with the batsmen in mind and should produce plenty of runs.
Some early pace in the wicket may make the toss winning skipper's decision a difficult one.
There is some uncertainty about whether the pitch will stay true for the full 3 days, and it is possible the bounce may become erratic on the final day.

Day 1 Pitch conditions - 7A - Fast paced wicket, offering assistance to genuine Fast bowlers, and increasing the strike/scoring rate of batsmen

Day 2,3 pitch conditions (depending on wear) - 3 - Normal - then becoming - 7 - Uneven Bounce

Day 1 Weather conditions - 2 - Hot and Sunny

Users who are viewing this thread