Sign-ups International Cricket - 1991/2 and onwards

Who will win the 1991/2 ODI World Cup in Australia and NZ in this league?

• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• India

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Sri Lanka

• West Indies

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
I am thinking of allowing managers to pick some players for their international debuts ahead of time.
Players must first serve some sort of qualification period, but this will allow managers to indulge in a sort of player development exercise with their A teams and tour squads.
For example, to qualify for an international debut in a Test or ODI ahead of time, I am thinking the following:

A player must have in real life in the chosen season, played an International, List A, First Class, or International level Under 19 matches.

The manager must have blooded that player in at least one A team match of the appropriate form in this story.

The player must qualify through an outstanding performance in a Tour match or A team match to make his full international Test or ODI debut ahead of time.

I will reserve the right to have final say in vetoing any player selected in this manner, but I am thinking regular good performances in games featuring interational level players should be eventually rewarded with an international debut if a believable case can be put forth with form achieved in this story.

The aim of this story is to create a believable, but alternative cricket history.

Examples of this possibly playing into action are some of the following What Ifs that may play out:

What if Ganguly had plundered runs in the tour games in Australia in 1991/2 and scored 100 on ODI debut, would he have been picked for india to make his Test debut sooner.
I say probably yes, and will allow it if it happens

What if Muralitharan had taken 10 wickets against a touring team after touring England in 1991, would he have made his international debut a season early, it should be the manager but mostly Muralis form that determines this.

The aim is to create an alternate cricket history in which managers do not gain an unfair advantage by picking future international stars too early.
I want to reward managers for taking player development seriously in A and Tour matches, and to reward individual players for form achieved in those games.
I think it is fair to offer managers this within reason, but there will be no picking Sangakkara at age 15 just because his batting average will boost the team, or persisting with Imran Khan into his 50s because of good stats.
The aim is to make the story believable, while offering managers some freedom to put their own stamp on history.
Once again I reserve the right to have final say in the earlier debut of players to keep things fair on all managers.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Jack Ryder

Looks like a pretty strong Test squad.
Please name a 15 man Sri Lanka A squad for the first 3 day warmup game v West Indies from the two lists of players earlier in this thread.
You might want to try giving Murali a go in your A team, if he takes 7 for in a tour game I might allow you to give him an international debut a season early if his form makes it believable, otherwise he might have to wait.
He was active for Sri Lanka in tour games in 1991, and outstanding effort in one of those games might have seen him make his Test debut earlier.
I would ask you to focus mainly on fringe and youth players with this 15, as this could be your last chance to try some of the before the World Cup.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
Would like to thank all managers for their participation so far, the first game has already begun just 24 hours after the beginning of this thread, and I will keep an eye over the forum in order to advance the other tours over the weekend.

First complete match reports and scorecards will feature on this thread's blog on Monday.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Greninja

Pease name a 15 man New Zealand A squad for the 3 day tour match v England.
There are two lists of players earlier to select your players from, this could be the last chance for fringe players to impress before the world cup, so I would ask that you focus more on the 2nd list of available NZ players.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@PresidentEvil
Please name an 18 man Australian squad for a Test and ODI tour of Zimbabwe.
Also please name a 15 man Australia A squad for a home series v Pakistan A from the remaining players on your lists.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
@Jack Ryder

Looks like a pretty strong Test squad.
Please name a 15 man Sri Lanka A squad for the first 3 day warmup game v West Indies from the two lists of players earlier in this thread.
You might want to try giving Murali a go in your A team, if he takes 7 for in a tour game I might allow you to give him an international debut a season early if his form makes it believable, otherwise he might have to wait.
He was active for Sri Lanka in tour games in 1991, and outstanding effort in one of those games might have seen him make his Test debut earlier.
I would ask you to focus mainly on fringe and youth players with this 15, as this could be your last chance to try some of the before the World Cup.

R.S.Mahanama
U.C.Hathurasingha

A.P.Gurusinha
P.A.de Silva

S.A.R.Silva (wk)
H.P.Tillekeratne (wk)

K.Dharmasena
M.Muralitharan
K.I.W.Wijegunawardena
C.P.H.Ramanayake
G.P.Wickremasinghe

S.D.Anurasiri
R.S.Kalpage (ODIs only)
M.Muralitharan
Can you give any suggestions co manager?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@PresidentEvil
Please name an 18 man Australian squad for a Test and ODI tour of Zimbabwe.
Also please name a 15 man Australia A squad for a home series v Pakistan A from the remaining players on your lists.
Should I use the players list provided by you to name my squad?

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@PresidentEvil
Those are pretty much all the Australian current and future internationals active at some level at the time.
I would ask you compose your Test and ODi squad from the 1st list of players active at International level around then.
Other players will have to make their way into the team through performances at A level.
For your A team you can pick anyone on either list not picked for the Zimbabwe tour.
If you can find any other Aus players active at the time who might be available then let me know but I think I covered pretty much all of them.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@Slowcoach i have quite a few things going on right now, so could i please be relieved of the WI A job? :)

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Jack Ryder
Is this ok for a Sri Lanka A squad?

D.Ranatunga
U.C.Hathurasingha RMF
M.A.R.Samarasekera RM

M.S.Atapattu
S.Ranatunga
H.P.Tillekeratne (wk) 1/1
S.T.Jayasuriya SLA

R.S.Kaluwitharana (wk) 1/1
A.M.de Silva (wk) 2/2

E.A.R.de Silva LBG
M.A.W.R.Madurasinghe OB
M.Muralitharan OB

K.I.W.Wijegunawardena RFM
D.K.Liyanage RFM
G.P.Wickremasinghe RFM[DOUBLEPOST=1504953495][/DOUBLEPOST]@Cereal Killer
No worries, will post a squad for you later on.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Nitrogen
Please name a 15 man India A squad for the short A series v West Indies A.
You may pick any player on either list, but try to focus more on fringe or young players.

NaviN GandhI

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
I am thinking of allowing managers to pick some players for their international debuts ahead of time.
Players must first serve some sort of qualification period, but this will allow managers to indulge in a sort of player development exercise with their A teams and tour squads.
For example, to qualify for an international debut in a Test or ODI ahead of time, I am thinking the following:

A player must have in real life in the chosen season, played an International, List A, First Class, or International level Under 19 matches.

The manager must have blooded that player in at least one A team match of the appropriate form in this story.

The player must qualify through an outstanding performance in a Tour match or A team match to make his full international Test or ODI debut ahead of time.

I will reserve the right to have final say in vetoing any player selected in this manner, but I am thinking regular good performances in games featuring interational level players should be eventually rewarded with an international debut if a believable case can be put forth with form achieved in this story.

The aim of this story is to create a believable, but alternative cricket history.

Examples of this possibly playing into action are some of the following What Ifs that may play out:

What if Ganguly had plundered runs in the tour games in Australia in 1991/2 and scored 100 on ODI debut, would he have been picked for india to make his Test debut sooner.
I say probably yes, and will allow it if it happens

What if Muralitharan had taken 10 wickets against a touring team after touring England in 1991, would he have made his international debut a season early, it should be the manager but mostly Muralis form that determines this.

The aim is to create an alternate cricket history in which managers do not gain an unfair advantage by picking future international stars too early.
I want to reward managers for taking player development seriously in A and Tour matches, and to reward individual players for form achieved in those games.
I think it is fair to offer managers this within reason, but there will be no picking Sangakkara at age 15 just because his batting average will boost the team, or persisting with Imran Khan into his 50s because of good stats.
The aim is to make the story believable, while offering managers some freedom to put their own stamp on history.
Once again I reserve the right to have final say in the earlier debut of players to keep things fair on all managers.

In this case can I bring Shoaib Akhtar, Misbah-ul-Haq, Saqlain Mushtaq, Azhar Mahmood and Mohammad Yousuf to my Pakistan A team.. They all will be around age 16 - 17.

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
@Cereal Killer

West Indies A squad to tour India:

P.A.Wallace
R.G.Samuels
S.L.Campbell

R.I.C.Holder
F.L.Reifer
K.L.T.Arthurton (c) SLA
S.Chanderpaul LBG

C.O.Browne (wk) 1/3

N.O.Perry OB
R.Dhanraj LBG

V.C.Drakes RF
O.D.Gibson RF
A.H.Gray RF
A.C.Cummins RFM
I.A.Allen RFM

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
@Jack Ryder
Is this ok for a Sri Lanka A squad?

D.Ranatunga
U.C.Hathurasingha RMF
M.A.R.Samarasekera RM

M.S.Atapattu
S.Ranatunga
H.P.Tillekeratne (wk) 1/1
S.T.Jayasuriya SLA

R.S.Kaluwitharana (wk) 1/1
A.M.de Silva (wk) 2/2

E.A.R.de Silva LBG
M.A.W.R.Madurasinghe OB
M.Muralitharan OB

K.I.W.Wijegunawardena RFM
D.K.Liyanage RFM
G.P.Wickremasinghe RFM[DOUBLEPOST=1504953495][/DOUBLEPOST]@Cereal Killer
No worries, will post a squad for you later on.
That's great.

Users who are viewing this thread