Sign-ups International Cricket - 1991/2 and onwards

Who will win the 1991/2 ODI World Cup in Australia and NZ in this league?

• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

• India

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • New Zealand

• Pakistan

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • South Africa

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Sri Lanka

• West Indies

• Zimbabwe

• Total voters
@PresidentEvil

Things are set up for you to name the following:
An 18 man Australian squad from the available full international players for the 2 Test and 3 ODI tour of Zimbabwe, and an XI for the 3 day First Class tour match v Zimbabwe A, taking into account the pitch and weather conditions in the above post.
A 15 man provisional Australia A squad for a short home series v Pakistan A from remaining available Australian players in either list earlier in this post.
The Australia A squad may be added to if any other players impress you in the warmup games.

R.S.Mahanama
U.C.Hathurasingha

A.P.Gurusinha
P.A.de Silva

S.A.R.Silva (wk)
H.P.Tillekeratne (wk)

K.Dharmasena
M.Muralitharan
K.I.W.Wijegunawardena
C.P.H.Ramanayake
G.P.Wickremasinghe

S.D.Anurasiri
R.S.Kalpage (ODIs only)
P.W.Gunaratne

Thanks @Jack Ryder

Unfortunately I made a mistake and P.W.Guneratne is not available for selection in any form due to not being carded, can you please add one of the other available players to your squad.

If we can finalise some XIs for our opening games tonight I will get on with simming the games over the weekend, first match reports and scorecards will be posted in this thread and on the thread's blog on Monday.

At present I am going back and adding Bowler Type for all available players listed with bowling cards.
I am also adding Wicket Keepers ratings for standing Up and standing Back, these ratings are a maximum of 6, with the highest possible rating for Up/Back being 6/6.

I have also added a few players to each list, so they will be worth checking before finalising lineups.

For now I would ask all managers to take another look at their available players after I have finished adding the wicket keeping ratings for each squad, a difference of even 1 between ratings can have a big bearing on if some chances are even possible for that keeper.

England's tour of New Zealand 1991/92

England squad:-

G.A.Gooch RM
M.A.Atherton
A.J.Stewart (wk)

G.A.Hick OB
A.J.Lamb
M.R.Ramprakash OB
N.H.Fairbrother

I.T.Botham RFM
C.C.Lewis RFM

R.C.Russell (wk)

J.E.Emburey OB
R.K.Illingworth SLA

D.E.Malcolm RF
D.V.Lawrence RF
A.R.C.Fraser RFM
P.W.Jarvis RFM
D.G.Cork RFM (ODIs and tour matches only)
M.P.Bicknell RFM (ODIs and tour matches only)

@NaviN GandhI

Just letting you know, Ijaz Ahmed snr does not have a bowling card in this game due to not bowling enough in Tests, so will be unable to play as an allrounder in this story.
You may want to take this into account when selecting an XI.
Of the Pakistani batsmen, Aamer Sohail and Asif Mujtaba (based partly on first class stats) are rated as allrounders, while Javed Miandad, Aamer Malik and Saleem Malik are decent part timers.
If you want to take this into account and amend your squad you may.

It will really help me.. If you could change my selected lineups role... Eg... :ar: Ijaz Ahmed to :bat: Ijaz Ahmed

South Africa A v Pakistan - 3 day First Class warmup match - at Johannesburg - Match Conditions and Injury Report

Match Conditions:

Pitch: 62 - A well prepared pitch which should play pretty well at least for the first four days, with just enough life in it to encourage the fast bowlers at the start. The wicket is expected to take a bit of spin late in the game but this should be a pretty good contest between bat and ball.
Day 1 Pitch: - 7A - Fast Paced Wicket - Offers the genuine Fast bowlers assistance, and also increases batsmen's strike/scoring rate
Day 2, 3 Pitch (depending on rate of wear): - 5 - Normal, then late in match becoming - 8A - Some assistance for Spinners.
Day 1 Weather: - 2 - Hot and Sunny

Injury Report (unavailable for selection):

Ijaz Ahmed failed a fitness test and will miss 1 game with Hamstring Trouble.
Akram Raza failed a fitness test and will miss 1 game with a Knee Injury.

@NaviN GandhI

Please choose your XI from the available fit players in your squad for this match, and let me know whether you would like to Bat or Bowl if you win the Toss.
This is only the first of two 3 day First Class warmup matches, so you may like to give some of your fringe players a chance.
Take into account the pitch conditions and weather conditions, which will have a big bearing on which bowlers are likely to gain assistance.

I hope 5 bowlers are enough for Test.

:pak: :bat: Saeed Anwar
:pak: :bat: Aamir Sohail
:pak: :bat: Rameez Raja
:pak: :bat: Javed Miandad
:pak: :bat: Inzamam-ul-Haq
:pak: :ar: Imran Khan :c:
:pak: :wk: Moin Khan
:pak: :bwl: Wasim Akram
:pak: :bwl: Abdul Qadir
:pak: :bwl: Waqar Younus
:pak: :bwl: Aaqib Javed

@NaviN GandhI

Please also name a 15 man Pakistan A squad for a short tour of Australia in August 1991/2 from the following list of players not picked for your Test tour of South Africa.
As it is a short tour, you will only need 1 wicket keeper, a replacement being flown for if necessary.

Zahoor Elahi
Rameez Raja
Aamer Malik RFM
Shahid Saeed RM
Shakeel Ahmed (wk)
Zahid Fazal

Basit Ali
Atif Rauf
Asif Mujtaba SLA
Ijaz Ahmed jnr OB

Manzoor Elahi RFM
Naved Anjum RFM

Nadeem Abbasi (wk)

Nadeem Khan SLA
Arshad Khan OB

Mohsin Kamal RFM
Saleem Jaffer LFM
Ashfaq Ahmed RFM
Kabir Khan LFM
Mohammad Akram RFM
Zakir Khan RFM

If I am missing anyone from this list, please let me know and I will add them if they are available.

PAKISTAN A

:pak: :bat: Zahoor Elahi
:pak: :ar: Shahid Saeed
:pak: :bat: Zahid Fazal

:pak: :bat: Basit Ali
:pak: :bat: Atif Rauf
:pak: :ar: Asif Mujtaba :c:
:pak: :ar: Manzoor Elahi
:pak: :ar: Naved Anjum

:pak: :wk: Nadeem Abbasi (wk)

:pak: :bwl: Nadeem Khan
:pak: :bwl: Arshad Khan

:pak: :bwl: Saleem Jaffer
:pak: :bwl: Kabir Khan
:pak: :bwl: Mohammad Akram
:pak: :bwl: Zakir Khan

Thanks @NaviN GandhI
Lineup is fine for a 3 day match, 5 frontline bowlers with Aamer Sohail's SLA for support is more than enough.
What would you like to do if you win the toss, Bat first or Bowl first?
Pitch is favouring Fast bowling and Batsmen early in the match, with the pitch becoming Normal and then expected to offer Spin late in the match.
If you are happy with your lineup and let me know Bat or Bowl I will stage the toss and then get on with simming the match.

PAKISTAN A

:pak: :bat: Zahoor Elahi
:pak: :ar: Shahid Saeed
:pak: :bat: Zahid Fazal

:pak: :bat: Basit Ali
:pak: :bat: Atif Rauf
:pak: :ar: Asif Mujtaba :c:
:pak: :ar: Manzoor Elahi
:pak: :ar: Naved Anjum

:pak: :wk: Nadeem Abbasi (wk)

:pak: :bwl: Nadeem Khan
:pak: :bwl: Arshad Khan

:pak: :bwl: Saleem Jaffer
:pak: :bwl: Kabir Khan
:pak: :bwl: Mohammad Akram
:pak: :bwl: Zakir Khan
Thanks @NaviN GandhI , I will draw up a schedule for the A tour over the next couple of days.
For now I wait on your decision on what to do if your full Pakistan team want to do if they win the toss.

R.J.Shastri SLA
N.S.Sidhu
A.D.Jadeja (ODIs and tour matches only)
M.Azharuddin
S.R.Tendulkar LBG
S.C.Ganguly RM (ODIs and tour matches only)
Kapil Dev RFM
K.S.More (wk) 3/3
R.S. Dravid(wk)
J.Srinath RFM
S.A.Ankola RMF
Maninder Singh SLA
Gopal Sharma OB
A. Kumble LBG
M.Venkataramana OB

@Nitrogen

Thanks for the Indian international squad, please name a 15 man India A squad for the series v West Indies A.
The series will take place in August 1991/2 before the full South African tour in September.
This will be your best chance to try out fringe and youth players before the tour of Australia in October, so bear this in mind with your selections.
You may choose from any current or future internationals in the previous lists.

Last edited:
R.S.Mahanama
U.C.Hathurasingha

A.P.Gurusinha
P.A.de Silva

S.A.R.Silva (wk)
H.P.Tillekeratne (wk)

K.Dharmasena
M.Muralitharan
K.I.W.Wijegunawardena
C.P.H.Ramanayake
G.P.Wickremasinghe