International Cricket 2010 Discussion Thread

Found an interesting link which shows the sales of Ashes Cricket 2009 for all platforms. Think it explains a bit as to why its not being released on PC. VGChartz - Please Take A Moment To Visit Our Sponsor

Backs up my point. I'm guessing it's even closer to 1% of sales. I say good on em. If you don't have a console get a part time job or save up your pocket money and buy one.

On that, I'm surprised that the Wii sold the most. I heard that is a terrible game.

Found an interesting link which shows the sales of Ashes Cricket 2009 for all platforms. Think it explains a bit as to why its not being released on PC. VGChartz - Please Take A Moment To Visit Our Sponsor

Lol,IMPOSSIBLE:laugh

I feel sorry for the PC owners, but you have to look at it from Codies point of view. They are running a business, if sales on a particular format are not good then they have to take the decision not make a game on that format. In the end they have to make sure that each format that they develop the game on is profitable.

PC version of AC09 sold the least and also was the cheapest. No brainer in my books. They will eliminate 90% of the piracy and have no noticeable effect in their profits.

Love, actually no, love doesn't explain this enough, but I'll go ahead and use it,

Love how people have said that Codemasters "have lost a fan," well no, they're not releasing it on PC so you couldn't buy it either way. It won't change Codemasters overall numbers.

Simbazz added 0 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

PC version of AC09 sold the least and also was the cheapest. No brainer in my books. They will eliminate 90% of the piracy and have no noticeable effect in their profits.

Thats why its pretty much impossible to break into Asia with games, anything digital actually :(

Wow, this is exciting news. They've announced it early as well. I hope they have all the Australian stadiums, including Bellerive. In that case then we'll be able to create the Australia domestic comps with the new (hopefully decent) editor.

I would not hold my breath for a career mode, just hoping they have a "tour" mode like EA 2007 did.

Yeah, even better would be the ability to completely create your own tournament.

I would not hold my breath for a career mode, just hoping they have a "tour" mode like EA 2007 did.

They'd have to considering it's 'International' cricket and not 'Ashes' Cricket. You can't just make a game and have play 'now' options.

Thats basically what AC09 was, just the Ashes Tests(not even the whole tour) or play now exhibitions. The "series" were crap in AC09 because of the lack of stats tracking or any presentation. No different from an exhibition match.

They only have licenses for 2 countries names and stadia, so I find it amusing to call it International Cricket.

Thats basically what AC09 was, just the Ashes Tests(not even the whole tour) or play now exhibitions. The "series" were crap in AC09 because of the lack of stats tracking or any presentation. No different from an exhibition match.

They only have licenses for 2 countries names and stadia, so I find it amusing to call it International Cricket.

My word - good points all these.

The link from aussie1st was also an eye-opener for me. I have a gaming PC, but to hell with the PC. There are much more important matters to consider when it comes to this new game.

Holy crap I would be disgusted if they didn't have proper statistics tracking. I mean, how much effort would this take? The increased enjoyment factor in playing the game would make it incredibly worthwhile.

They've hinted at expanded tournaments, but what will they deliver besides what AC09 did? It has to include a World Cup. I agree with hMarka that a career mode is a lofty goal.

AC09 made a lot of money for this company. It's blatantly obvious and natural that they would want to release another one this year. Ridding themselves of PC pirates will further boost their profit margins. Whether or not this game will simply be a "patched AC09" is irrelevant to the business decison that was made.

I just hope Rob will be on their staff. I've spoken with him before and he genuinely is a decent guy who cared about how the game works. That's our ray of hope.

CaptainOZ said:
Holy crap I would be disgusted if they didn't have proper statistics tracking. I mean, how much effort would this take?

Pakistani noob game developer created some of the most impressive online stats tracking ever seen in online game for Cricket Revolution. You could play a match and then logon to their official site and see every little detail about that match you just played. Only Killzone 2 / Killzone.com has this feature on PS3 and its even less polished. Any kind of stats tracking online and offline is absolutely needed, there's no excuses anymore. This is Cricket, we need our statistics.

Last edited:
Well thats a good news about new cricket game. i will let you guys know when it comes out if it is just a patched version or something new as i have already played xbox360 patched version.

Anyway Rob told me that PC sales were really really bad. So i guess why would they spend money making game for PC...I dont hate Pc users, i actually feel bad about it for them......but beleive me and i know you wont, that gaming on consoles is much more fun. i use to be on PC but i can never go back now.....i have a xbox360 now. anyway just my thoughts. you can stay on PC if you like.

Well this was completely out of the blue...

Is this the sequel to AC09? Pity it's not on PC :(

Users who are viewing this thread