International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Im starting to agree with you Colin on the 'you get out quicker by defending' theory

I just can't seem to bat a session without losing wickets. I tried to bat the first 20 overs playing nothign but defensive shots, I never got a batsman above "Hesitant/low Confident" and I lost 5 wickets.

I have never had a batsman even be "bold" in a Test :(

If the only way to get to "Bold" and higher is to slog then that kinda stinks.

Im starting to agree with you Colin on the 'you get out quicker by defending' theory

I just can't seem to bat a session without losing wickets. I tried to bat the first 20 overs playing nothign but defensive shots, I never got a batsman above "Hesitant/low Confident" and I lost 5 wickets.

You can get to full confident through defensive shots, but then a boundary somewhere somehow is required to take you to bold

That;s what I have found too. To make matters worse, once I am confident and try a hook shot, sometimes I miss or get hit in the ribs, which sends my confidence plummetting right back down to Hesitant.

At least that's part of the challenge I guess.

Getting hit really takes a massive blow to the confidence, and if you get hit 2-3 times in an over you will go from Confident to timid!

Yea, not saying its a bad thing, I rather like it. Had a batsman get to 50, take 3 in the chest and edge the next one to slip :D

It's not the overall score; it's the two batters hitting 6s for fun. Slogging has too high a reward compared to the risk.

Not quite with you there(??) 5/89 doesn't not indicate a great reward over risk....

Playing my first test innings, I'm 4/200 off 70 overs. Low risk, high reward.

As for playing defensive shots with lower power - of course this makes sense! The lower the amount of power you use, the wider the timing zone.

Supershtuffthat added 9 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Have to say I very much disagree. From my playing experience so far on hard, leaving the ball alone, using low power defensive shots angled to get singles, playing the ball down to fine leg and concentrating on timing you can easily build a batter's confidence. Then the runs will come - fours are easier to hit. Realistic scores are obtained. Just like real cricket.

Last edited:
So is this game putrid again?

Is it a rehash of Ashes09, all I want to know is if the AI batting in test matches is reasonable, not constantly going at over a run a ball...

Ok, I paid ?40 for Ashes Cricket last year. Obviously I didn't get value for money.

Would people advise spending another ?40 on this game?

Whats the most amount of catches the AI has dropped against you guys in a twenty20 match. I was playing England and I swear they dropped at least 6-7 catches in the innings.

Ok, I paid ?40 for Ashes Cricket last year. Obviously I didn't get value for money.

Would people advise spending another ?40 on this game?

I've yet to go in-depth in to the game, but you can pick it up for ?25 in a few places, ShopTo for example.

Just got the game today. This is the first game I've played since Ricky Ponting 05.

Got straight into a T20 on normal. Australia vs England and they elected to bat.

Bowling is ridiculously hard. Maybe it's just because I haven't played in ages but it seemed that no matter where I bowled they would hit me for 4 or 6. Catching is also really hard. The green light is only on for about half a second and it's almost impossible to see the circle during outfield catches. They ended up making 3/251.

When it came to bat I found it a lot more fun. Got bowled out for 88 but being able to place the ball into gaps is really cool. A solid partnership between Johnson (28) and Hauritz (25) got me to a half ████ score. :p

Will start a test match now I think. Hopefully I bat first!

I must also mention the commentary. It's pretty poor. 3 or 4 times Jonathan Agnew asked Bumble about test match pitches and Bumble gave him the same answer. Who cares about test match pitches in a T20!?

Last edited:
Just got the game today. This is the first game I've played since Ricky Ponting 05.

Got straight into a T20 on normal. Australia vs England and they elected to bat.

Bowling is ridiculously hard. Maybe it's just because I haven't played in ages but it seemed that no matter where I bowled they would hit me for 4 or 6. Catching is also really hard. The green light is only on for about half a second and it's almost impossible to see the circle during outfield catches. They ended up making 3/251.

When it came to bat I found it a lot more fun. Got bowled out for 88 but being able to place the ball into gaps is really cool. A solid partnership between Johnson (28) and Hauritz (25) got me to a half ████ score. :p

That is because you havent played any game for a long time. You will get use to the bowling dont worry. Batting will get better aswell....just give this game a week or so and you will be alright.

I must also mention the commentary. It's pretty poor. 3 or 4 times Jonathan Agnew asked Bumble about test match pitches and Bumble gave him the same answer. Who cares about test match pitches in a T20!?

Finally got it eh, do yourself a favor and ignore the commentary, its awful.

"batsman should be out here........it was six the moment it left the bat" :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread