International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

You sir will be remembered for years as the first one to get a declaration. :banana2 :happy :clap :hpraise

Spraggy sir will be remembered for years as the first one to get a draw. :banana2 :happy :clap :hpraise

Declaration!!!!

There you go lads that answers all your questions!!

143 overs: India 675/6 declared

Unreal!

Oh slightly harsh that Tendulkar was left on 297*.... im not complaining!

Im wetting myself with excitment for tomorow morning!! :p

Completed my first test match !

England Drew With South Africa !

After 5 days of great cricket the game has end up a draw.

Man of the match - Graham Swann and Styen 12 wickets in all

South Africa 478 all out (after being 43/3)

England (Me) 402 all out (Was 379/3 at one point)

South Africa 545 all out

England 176/5

Well Well Well A draw it is. :)

You sir have just helped Codemasters sell a copy of their game! They will be very happy I am sure!:):yes

You sir have just helped Codemasters sell a copy of their game! They will be very happy I am sure!:):yes

Seconded.

Tests are all I care about as it's the true measure of a cricket games' AI.

This all sounds rather splendid.

Bring on tomorrow.

Cant see why everyone else was finding it so easy? Was it down to their pitch conditions? Or are they just decent players? Either way, i need to change my pants, cos that was just too exciting for me!
A drawn test and a declaration from AI. My god!

Hmmm. One definite bug - its sunny in London :facepalm

Like it is just now. :D

Declaration!!!!

There you go lads that answers all your questions!!

143 overs: India 675/6 declared

Unreal!

Oh slightly harsh that Tendulkar was left on 297*.... im not complaining!

A declaration by AI in a cricket game. Are you sure I'm not dreaming all this?

And I won't be too far behind, either - won't be for a few weeks though, as I've been spending far too much money recently. :)

Now for some cosmetic nitpicking! :banana2

Do you get a suitably excitable reaction from commentators when someone gets 50/100/200, etc?

What's the sound like? Haven't heard anyone talk about that - thwack sound, bowled sound, crowd chants (or lack thereof)?
Do conditions change match by match, or are they always the same at any given stadium - there, I've found a way to ask that question that actually makes sense! :D

Any rain on the plain in Spain (or England)? :D

Well, it appears that the gameplay is solid, so we have to find fault with something! :laugh

143 overs: India 675/6 dec

Genuinly gripping stuff!!

Note they declared to give me a tricky 7 overs before tea!! Perfect stuff from them!

Such hard work but such good feeling when got a wicket!!

Attachments

• iphone 228.JPG
    iphone 228.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 74
  • iphone 229.JPG
    iphone 229.JPG
    304.6 KB · Views: 58
Damn so the game is not realistic at all! :p

haha j/k. What a fantastic read the last few pages have been. I feel very positive about this game!

Great to hear!

Let online battle commence! Monty Burns, polish the silverware! Game on!:D

new zealand after 17 overs 118/2 ball is swinging a lot but they are playing very sensibly. 3 to 4 edges past slip for fours waz amazing to see. Very good stuff

Wow the game really is realistic! Dhoni puts himself down the order to avoid facing the rested fast bowlers and pad his average! just like in real life!

Mark added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Let online battle commence! Monty Burns, polish the silverware! Game on!:D

Oh its coming but Ill wait until everyone has had it for a month or so to weed out the fringe players and make sure we have the dedicated lot playing.

Do you get a suitably excitable reaction from commentators when someone gets 50/100/200, etc?

Tendulkar ran and jumped and did an Andrew Struass swish of the bat in his innings at 200!... 150 was a happy punch fist... Also when yuvraj got out the crowd stood to him and he saluted them with his bat!

Just spoke to my local video store, they have it available to rent right now.

Just reserved a copy and will hop down there as soon as the Mrs gets back with the car.

Happy days :D

Users who are viewing this thread