IPL - Transfer/Trade/Auction Thread

Chennai
Chennai are apparently looking for a spinning all-rounder ... I think Michael Clarke or JP Duminy would be perfect, and Shakib Al Hasan is worth a look too (maybe two of those three, if their prices are low enough) ...

an article on cricinfo also suggested that Chennai are amongst the leading suitors for Super Fred ... obviously he's not a spinning all-rounder, but I'd be very happy with that -- my last post was a detailed look at Chennai's team and needs, and I had Freddie included in my "fantasy" Chennai squad ...

also included in my list was Murali Vijay, who apparently -- rumour has it -- is going to be (or already has been) signed by Chennai ...

A Glance at the Auction
all eyes will be on where Kapes ends up, and it is very unlikely that Chennai will go for him ... Bangalore or Mumbai is looking likely, but there could be a surprise in there ... would be interested to see what would happen if there was more than one $2M bid (the ceiling bid) for him ...

I'll also like to see if the players from the "lesser" nations get picked up ... Bangladesh may not be consistent, but when on form Ashraful and Tamim can produce serious fireworks, and even Masrafe's all-round ability could be very useful ...

from closer to my neck of the woods, I hope Vusimuzi Sibanda gets a run in the IPL (though I acknowledge it is a very slim chance of this happening) ... I'm actually surprised that Hamilton Masakadza and Elton Chigumbura are not also included in the auction ...

should be an exciting Feb 6 auction ...

Last edited:
If any of the sides have been studying the SA domestic scene they will go for roeloff van der merwe. He will probably go for a cheap price and especially in india conditions will be an excellent buy.

Hard hitting middle order batsmen and bowls more than decent off spin.

I'm betting Micheal Clarke will go for way more than he is worth. Is not a good 20/20 player. Just doesn't have that big striking ability and it has shown in his results. I'd rather have other players than him.

Not really the whole idea is a silly money grabbing one in the first place, if the "English Premier League" does take place it will be just as shite and unsignificant as the Indian one.

Twenty20 cricket in general is a silly format let alone with a bunch of money grabbing cricket players playing in a tournament.
Test cricket and First Class matches are the only true form of cricket.

Initially, any new format cops up with lot of criticism from the fans of the longer formats because they feel its the purest. But when these guys move over and cricket is followed only by the new generation of fans, for them this format will be the best and tomorrow a majority will love it.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Ahem Precamb. Spot the arrogant Indian below ;)

Also Yuvraj would suck on English pitches.

Didnt he stage a remarkable recovery along with Kaif to destroy England at the Natwest 2002 final?

Clarke would not get a game in the vics 11 at full strength

clarke is worth 100k tops

Yeah if Chennai are looking for a spinning all-rounder, they can't do much better than SA's Roelof vd Merwe. The only thing keeping him out of playing for SA is Johan Botha's recent good form. He will be a great buy.

Krezja had a great twenty20 big bash this summer going at around 5 over and score alot of runs.

Yeah if Chennai are looking for a spinning all-rounder, they can't do much better than SA's Roelof vd Merwe. The only thing keeping him out of playing for SA is Johan Botha's recent good form. He will be a great buy.

I'd rather have the Bangladeshi Rambo, or Dada's scourge.

I was rather hoping du Plessis would be in the auction, and of course, that somebody actually got him, would have been a great addition to any team, fielding, batting, bowling.

Raqibul gone. :boxing

If I ever got to make my own "Kerala Kokonuts" team, I'd get him, he would eventually get a game, because our middle order would suck so bad, but to the bench at the start.

I reckon Shah & Shakib offer best value for money atm, though I'm not familiar with around a third.

I hope not! Sehwag+Gambhir is ace and only a fool would destroy that opening partnership.

Haha - you mean like the Indians are doing right now in the ODIs against Sri Lanka. :D

If the Sehwag/Gambhir partnership was so insanely brilliant, I'm sure Tendulkar would have no problems batting at #3.

And looking at the new revised auction lists today I've got some reactions:

*Agree about Michael Clarke. He's handy, but not really suited for T20 as much as the other forms - definitely not worth 1mil...
*Stuart Clark at 250,000? Hmm, he's a pretty hittable bowler - I wouldn't touch him in T20. I'd much rather have Shaun Tait for 250,000.
*Michael Dighton would be a great value opener at 85,000, Phil Jaques too only 100,000. They are hard hitters.
*Ashraful only 75,000? He's hit a couple of really fast 50s in his time - a sign of a valuable T20 player. Sure he's dodgy in longer versions, but T20 has got to suit him.
*I also like a couple of the NZ guys for value. Kyle Mills and particularly Jesse Ryder for 100,000. Hits hard and he bowls handy mediums too.

Last edited:
Haha - you mean like the Indians are doing right now in the ODIs against Sri Lanka. :D

If the Sehwag/Gambhir partnership was so insanely brilliant, I'm sure Tendulkar would have no problems batting at #3.
Well, look at it this way. Both Sehwag and Gambhir are better than Warner, hence substituting Warner for either one of them would result in a poorer line-up. Hence, it would be a foolish move. ;)

As for Sachin, if he's in ODI's he's got to open. This is why I'd rather see him retire from ODI's or at least limit the number of them he plays a year.

Users who are viewing this thread