Last Movie You Watched

Unstoppable, Denzel moving running on the top of a train moving at >100 km/h is a bit tough to believe, but otherwise it is a nice action flick.

Saw "Skyfall" - I loved the two rats takin on each other for M....Superb Action Packed thriller Two :thumbs up!
and "Django Unchained"- Man I Loved this one too! Right from the first scene I was speechless and nostalgic as It took me back to the 60's n 70's era of Western movies...And not to say i loved way the ------ freeman took on the white men with the help of a german to get his ------ woman :) Three :cheers to Quentin Tarantino for giving such a movie to the world!!

Anybody's seen the new "Jack Reacher"?? I have read most of Lee Child's novels and was wondering how is the movie compared to the books?

The horror film : Mama (2013)

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The way that movie ended was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Flight- Denzel at his absolute best. A great story with fantastic character development. This movie has a lot of layers to it and is supported by some great acting. It moves along at a decent pace and while it isn't a blockbuster film by any means, there aren't many dull parts. I did feel the Nicole character played by Kelly Reilly was highly unnecessary though, especially the scenes with her back-story.

Saw Skyfall a few days ago as well. Probably one of my favorite Bond movies. I liked how Javier Bardem's character was more a victim of a circumstance than a villain in the true Hollywood sense (i.e. evil for no good reason).

Expendables 2- I watched this with zero expectations so I was entertained. Corny dialogues, multiple plot holes, inconceivable action scenes, and horrible acting, but hardly ever a dull moment.

Silver Linings Playbook- Wow. Absolutely amazing from start to finish. My only gripe was the whole football betting subplot to bring the son and father closer together, as it didn't make much sense, and seemed largely unnecessary. However, apart from that, everything else was fantastic. Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper delivered two stunning individual performances and their chemistry between each other was just as good.

Last edited:
Saw Office Space- Good Comedy which follows the path of our protagonist who hates his boss and his job, loved it! :thumbs
The Town- Excellent Crime/thriller by Ben Affleck, good plot and awesome screenplay :cheers

Toy Story 3.I think it was the best film of the series.Not only was the story touching,the animation was fantastic.
Everyone could probably relate to the film as well.
It might even be the best animation film I have ever seen.Pixar simply rules this territory.

Life of Pi. Probably one of the best movies I have seen in a while. Really makes you think.:yes

Argo- Was disappointed to read about the amount of creative license they took, but in retrospect, it did make it a better film. The real story wouldn't have been an edge-of-your-seat thriller. I thought it was very well written, and well acted. However, the character development was slightly questionable. The director seemed confused as to whether to look at the broader political implications or the consequences on an individual level. On the whole though, it was a fantastic film, and worthy of all the praise it is getting.

Django Unchained- Amazing! I don't have a bad word to say about this movie. Everything was perfect. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Life of Pi- I thought the first part of the movie when he isn't yet on the boat was disappointing as the Indian-English accents were very corny, and 'caricaturish'. However, once the main character was left on his own (with a tiger), it was brilliant. The character development was brilliant, and without any progression of the story, the plot had so many layers to it of self-discovery. It is very difficult for one actor to have so much screen time, but he did a great job.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread