Last Movie You Watched

Magic Mike- Entertaining. Funny. Relatively tasteful considering the characters' occupations. I actually really liked it. Easy to follow storyline, well paced, original, and some decent acting as well. Recommended.

Cloud Atlas- HOLY kerpluckING ----! Wow! I wasn't sure where this movie was going even 2 hours into it, but once it was over, I was speechless. On another level. Very ambitious, very bold, and for the most part, it tries to achieve far too much. However, the little that it does achieve is quite spectacular. I imagine that this movie will be a lot better on a second or even third watch. I can see how it would polarize opinion though. I think you will either love this movie or hate it. For me though, one of my favorite movies ever.

A must watch!

Last edited:
Loads of AL Pacino movies. This guy is amazing. Must watch movies are : Heat, The Insider, Scent of woman, Carlito's Way, And Justice for all.

Have you seen Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico and Glengarry Glen Ross? Pacino is outstanding in them all.

Been watching Hayao Miyazaki films. Absolutely love them. Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle. Thought Howl's Moving Castle could have been better but they're all quality films.

Bit of an anime fan?

I agree about Howl's Moving Castle, I saw it near when it came out I think and was a bit underwhelmed by it, Spirited Away on the other hand is artistry. Pure artistry.

Hangover 2, the series is overall good but not that great IMO, overrated.
Hangover 1 was good I guess but 2 was too similar to the 1st .It was as if they just swapped vegas with Bangkok with everything same.
I do think it is a tad overrated though.It is not extremely funny at all.

It has some laughs but overall I see it as Two and a Half Men or Big Bang Theory in movie form.

Very similar, but no worries, I watched them with a good 2-3 year gap so it felt newish I guess.

Bit of an anime fan?

I agree about Howl's Moving Castle, I saw it near when it came out I think and was a bit underwhelmed by it, Spirited Away on the other hand is artistry. Pure artistry.

never really been into anime tbh. My mate recommended Spirited Away so I gave it a go and loved it. Just went on from there.

Have you seen Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico and Glengarry Glen Ross? Pacino is outstanding in them all.

Yes, I have. Rethinking my top 5 movies of Al, those 3 should have been there. :p But then again, this guy is brilliant and every movie he has done is top class! Glengarry Glen Ross is one of my favorite movies tbh, Al is just brilliant.

Al' role starts after the movie is half over but the next half is simply outstanding. Talk about being aggressive in an elegant way.. :D

Have you seen 88 Minutes?

I was about to see it but then saw the reviews. Might make you rethink that statement about everything being top class if you saw it:p.

I've watched it too. :p He's the only actor of whom I've watched basically every movie, big hits that is. 88 minutes being an exception, might not have done well as per reviews/critics are concerned but believe me, it's pretty good. The suspense in the end is well executed and Al again doesn't disappoint.

Al Rarely dissapoints wen u see his movies in terms of acting! Acting Comes naturally to the man :thumbs

Chronicle- Couldn't hear all the dialogue because I watched this on a plane, but I suspect dialogue wasn't this movie's forte anyway. I thought the found footage actually worked in this movie. I can't say that for too many other movies as its novelty value has somewhat worn off now. However, in this instance, it is actually necessary and not just a gimmick. The story is good, and I like that it doesn't go too over the top. It was believable. The ending was also a pleasant surprise as it wasn't the typical superhero movie climax. I just wished they would have explained the source of the powers a little bit more as it was just too vague and nonsensical.

Bourne Legacy- Wow. This was horrible. I don't have anything good to say about this movie except maybe one or two action sequences. The plot just made no sense. It was corny beyond belief, and made a mockery of the first three movies which I really enjoyed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread