Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
22 Jump Street - almost as good as the first one. Hilarious

Need For Speed - rubbish

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Finally saw Guardians over the weekend, good film, great fun, but something really weird happened after I was done seeing it, I literally wanted to watch it again immediately after, haven't felt like that ever before, plan on seeing it again this weekend.

I don't exactly know where I put it in my favorite superhero films, I have a feeling it'll be #1 after I see it again.

Another thing that has to be said and praised, Marvel has it down, they're not just making superhero movies, they're fusing their characters into other genres, Cap 2 was a political thriller involving superheroes, Guardians is a space adventure that just happens to involve superheroes, now they just need to do it thoroughly with Thor and the fantasy genre.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy too and my god is it undeserving of the praise.

Decent comedy I guess for an action movie, but an 8.7 IMDB rating? What a joke. Not particularly funny, acting was average, plot was nothing special. Basically it was nothing special altogether, wouldn't give it more than a 7.

Goes into the same overrated pile as Avengers which was just your typical action movie.

Mind you I saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last week as well and it was better than that.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Difference between run-of-mill action movies v/s GOTG according to me -

Regular Action movies: you dont care about who or what is blowing up as long as the explosions are awesome, and the fighting is worthwhile

GOTG: you cared about every single Guardian because you knew why those guys were doing what they were doing. They explained why 5 fellows who might never get along come together to fight something bigger than themselves. The villain's motives were explained as well. Character development and team camaraderie overshadowed the space action, which was brilliant to begin with.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Difference between run-of-mill action movies v/s GOTG according to me -

Regular Action movies: you dont care about who or what is blowing up as long as the explosions are awesome, and the fighting is worthwhile

GOTG: you cared about every single Guardian because you knew why those guys were doing what they were doing. They explained why 5 fellows who might never get along come together to fight something bigger than themselves. The villain's motives were explained as well. Character development and team camaraderie overshadowed the space action, which was brilliant to begin with.

This is the case with the majority of action movies. The movie is nothing special at all, it is definitely run-of-the-mill.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
This is the case with the majority of action movies. The movie is nothing special at all, it is definitely run-of-the-mill.
Nope ! Here are some recent regular action movies that have zero character development and loose scripts - NFS, Pain and Gain, I Frankenstein, etc. Rubbish movies. Maybe you are unable to differentiate between these movies and GOTG. That is fine.

KrishnamurthiN

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"Drishyam- Visuals can be Deceiving" an awesome Malyalam movie. Loved every bit of the movie, Awesome acting,superb story, fantastic screenplay and direction made it a treat to watch!

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Nope ! Here are some recent regular action movies that have zero character development and loose scripts - NFS, Pain and Gain, I Frankenstein, etc. Rubbish movies. Maybe you are unable to differentiate between these movies and GOTG. That is fine.

Those are crap action movies.

You are the one unable to differentiate between a great movie and GOTG. I guess it's what happens when you let hype decide what is good and what isn't.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Those are crap action movies.

You are the one unable to differentiate between a great movie and GOTG. I guess it's what happens when you let hype decide what is good and what isn't.

LOL, Presumptuous much ?

Those are all recent run of the mill action movies - crap or not doesn't matter, because they do follow the same formula and fit your billing of "majority of action movies". IMO GOTG was brilliantly entertaining, with excellent characters, a solid story and great action. It delivered what it promised and more. Hence it is not overrated and deserves all the praise and accolade it is getting.

PS: You don't have to make a "different" movie to get a "brilliant" movie

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I saw Guardians of the Galaxy too and my god is it undeserving of the praise.

Decent comedy I guess for an action movie, but an 8.7 IMDB rating? What a joke. Not particularly funny, acting was average, plot was nothing special. Basically it was nothing special altogether, wouldn't give it more than a 7.

Goes into the same overrated pile as Avengers which was just your typical action movie.

Mind you I saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last week as well and it was better than that.
You're literally the only person I know other than this other Youtuber that thought the film was average, but there does seem to be a trend with you disliking Avengers and now Guardians...

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
You're literally the only person I know other than this other Youtuber that thought the film was average, but there does seem to be a trend with you disliking Avengers and now Guardians...

Avengers - OMG it's a tonne of superheroes running around! Look how cool Iron Man is! Look at those amazing dry one-liners!

Guardians isn't much better at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1407979191][/DOUBLEPOST]
LOL, Presumptuous much ?

Those are all recent run of the mill action movies - crap or not doesn't matter, because they do follow the same formula and fit your billing of "majority of action movies". IMO GOTG was brilliantly entertaining, with excellent characters, a solid story and great action. It delivered what it promised and more. Hence it is not overrated and deserves all the praise and accolade it is getting.

PS: You don't have to make a "different" movie to get a "brilliant" movie

Then where is the endless praise for the other action movies? Where's the 8.7 IMDB rating for them?

Users who are viewing this thread