Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

What minimising throw accuracy will do is result in poor throws from fielders and an increase in over-throws. Consistency appears to only affect simulating as far as I can tell. I don't bat enough to notice if these have any effect on AI bowling.

Yea hopefully people can bat with this and see if it makes a difference...

i'd love to play online more especially with the poor AI, but i play around family life - i might play one over, i may play 50 - so it's not really conducive to committing to online.

these settings at least make the game properly playable - until this i'd played few games to completion without swimming, now i've played loads.

With the save feature it is no prob dave. Wopuld love to set up a decent test match with someone and play whenever we can....here 5 overs there 20 or whatever......online is stilll buggy but smooth....online favours batting more than bowling so that is a bummer.....

With the save feature it is no prob dave. Wopuld love to set up a decent test match with someone and play whenever we can....here 5 overs there 20 or whatever......online is stilll buggy but smooth....online favours batting more than bowling so that is a bummer.....

May have to take you up on that Dutch!!

i'd love to play online more especially with the poor AI, but i play around family life - i might play one over, i may play 50 - so it's not really conducive to committing to online.

these settings at least make the game properly playable - until this i'd played few games to completion without swimming, now i've played loads.

I hear you and that's why I stay away from leagues and generally go with shorter formats. There are still occasions where life intervenes and I forfeit the odd game but online is way better than anything else.[DOUBLEPOST=1434315192][/DOUBLEPOST]

I disagree Dutch. Against better players scoring runs is a difficult task and even going at run a ball in shorter formats is sometimes too much.

I hear you and that's why I stay away from leagues and generally go with shorter formats. There are still occasions where life intervenes and I forfeit the odd game but online is way better than anything else.

I've enjoyed my few online ventures - especially the format @MattW devised - but right now playing the Rebel Tours when I can, using the lowered stats, retro filter on, my logo mods & a few retro bats I & others have made: it's just about perfect.

Just made the step up to Veteran as won the first 'ODI' at an absolute canter on Pro.

Playing Western Province in 3 day warm up before the first 'Test'. Batting first, going nicely at 66/1. Lose two horrendous wickets in same over, both caught by short leg miraculously plucking a hook out the air; then a nick behind; then a stinker of an LBW (hit outside line & barely touching stumps) and another nick behind, suddenly I'm 105-6 and deep in the doodoo!

Markkk any chance of updating the Pakistan and Sri Lankan teams aslo?

AI Struggling against spin in limited overs:
Seamers bowled O:26.4 M:1 R:137 W5
Spinners bowled O:20 M:4 R:50 W:5

This has been a bit of an issue for a while. All I can suggest is to have spinners set generally lower than you would the seamers especially as you have them set fairly high currently. I tend to have every attribute set very low apart from drift and stock spin which is around the halfway mark. You will still see some turn but again it will be a case of trial and error until you find a balance that suits.

Last edited:
This has been a bit of an issue for a while. All I can suggest is to have spinners set generally lower than you would the seamers especially as you have them set fairly high currently. I tend to have every attribute set very low apart from drift and stock spin which is around the halfway mark. You will still see some turn but again it will be a case of trial and error until you find a balance that suits.

i did have spinners set lower before - the issue for me is i'm trying to find some settings i can leave as is for all sides and just play whole games, and i was finding the AI wouldn't bowl the spinners if they're set too low. (not that it would stop them bowling similarly skilled part time medium pacers!)

i've made the step up from pro to veteran in the game i'm playing currently (batting): i'll see how it goes when i'm bowling.

I ve been using your teams on veteran Dave and have some really good games, especially one dayers
that's good to know!

I'm playing the rest of the 82 England tour on veteran so that gives me a 3 dayer, 2 more one dayers and 3 four dayers so hopefully i'll have a good grasp of it by then!

that's good to know!

I'm playing the rest of the 82 England tour on veteran so that gives me a 3 dayer, 2 more one dayers and 3 four dayers so hopefully i'll have a good grasp of it by then!

I have some time coming up so am going to go about creating a number of Dutch teams to set up a dutch league competition using your skill settings as a base

Users who are viewing this thread