NBA Discussion Thread

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
That was a good old rout from the Lakers. I'm kind of disappointed after the start Brooks gave use early, we looked like running away with it. I also felt like the refs were a bit unfair since it seems Yao has to take up about 3 defenders with him to get a shooting foul.

Anyhow, T-Mac, Yao and Artest have still not really gelled together. Hopefully it's a matter of health rather than incompatibility.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I can't see the Rockets having the bench to beat the Lakers in the long road to be honest. The Lakers are scary good.
The Lakers bench is probably the best in the league right now, and the Celtics have the best starters. The thing with the Lakers is that apart from Kobe and Pau, everyone else in their team is at the same level and that level is (unfortunately for the rest of the league) higher than the average NBA player.

The Rockets have a solid bench, though, and I would argue that the bench actually outplayed the starters for a lot of the Lakers game. Don't forget we have Battier injured so one of our starters (most probably Scola) will go to the bench once we get him back... or he'll come of the bench. Brooks is a quality second point guard, Carl Landry and Chuck Hayes are really strong, hustling players and we've got Steve Francis who was the face of this team a couple of seasons ago recovering from injury.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I know it's a bit late, but Billups and McDyess for Allen Iverson? Billups is a fantastic point guard and frankly the 'icon' of the Pistons and McDyess is a great person on the bench and has filled the boots of Ben Wallace quite well. Iverson is old, not sure how he'll fare.

Gah.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Iverson's past it, I feel. But it was problematic having him in the Nuggets since him and Carmelo fought for the ball, seeing that they're both ball-hogs.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1) Congrats Shaq for his entry into Top 10 scoreers in NBA history. :hpraise

2) What a game winning shot by paul Pierce against Hawks. 16 points was the diffrence in second quater. :happy

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The Bulls inside game sucks at the moment. Jump shot after jump shot isn't going to win you many games. They need to find a way to use Aaron Gray properly, fast.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Celtics run 21-5 in last 8 minutes at 3rd quarter..:D
Can't ask for more..

Ponting_14

International Cricketer
So, did anyone see that brawl in the Rockets-Suns game?

Funny enough the game was live here and I was watching. I got up and went to do something for a few minutes and I missed it. It looked like handbags to be honest, though a few suspensions came from it.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Funny enough the game was live here and I was watching. I got up and went to do something for a few minutes and I missed it. It looked like handbags to be honest, though a few suspensions came from it.
I think the best part about that brawl was the interview with Aaron Brooks after the game. When Brooks was asked what he thought about it, he said something along the lines of, "There was a lot of pushing and shoving and I was right in the middle of it. Then Shaq came in and it was my cue to leave." You watch the video on Yahoo! Sports NBA. But yeah, I was surprised Shaq or T-Mac didn't get suspensions. Shaq pushed like 3-4 guys over.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The most boring All Star dunk championship this year. Nate Robinson looks smallest dunk champion to me as well. :p

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I'd say, no big names in it made it even more boring. eg LeBronny

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
The last good contest was between Jason Richardson and Gerald Wallce, everything else after that was garbage. The one that Josh Smith won was alright but the ones that had Nate Robinson have been awful, he keeps getting 20 tries to make his dunks, thats stupid. Give him 3 tries and if he fails he is done.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I only like Nate because he is shorter than me, but I cant even touch the net!! :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread