New Update Discussion

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Downloaded and installed patch for PS4 - but now the game crashes (34840) when I try to simulate up to my match date in career mode after I made a brand new career. Curious - didn't do that before.

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
Thank god you said that. I thought I was the only crazy one with 720 MB update. It means the way X1 and PS4 works for patch submission is different. Thank goodness seeing so many ranters on PS4 it was not 720 MB for them, or else we would have seen yet another rant that we just downloaded 10 GB game(those who bought digitally) why the heck we should download one mroe GB for the game to be fixed? It should have been fixed before hand etc etc

Just downloaded the 720 mb update on XB1 and will be playing after work. I don't expect the greater issues to go away so soon and I have anyway had only a couple of crashes. Since you own an XB1 as well, did you also notice any frame rate and screen tearing issues? Happens to me more frequently when playing in the custom stadiums.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just downloaded the 720 mb update on XB1 and will be playing after work. I don't expect the greater issues to go away so soon and I have anyway had only a couple of crashes. Since you own an XB1 as well, did you also notice any frame rate and screen tearing issues? Happens to me more frequently when playing in the custom stadiums.
No issues of frame rate or screen tearing.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
As pointed to above in the thread there has to be stuff for every on disk player and team. I don't believe that exists yet.
Just to elaborate more on that still there are missing Domestic Indian/Pakistan/Bangladesh/Zimbabwe/etc teams as no one has created or hasnt been voted.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Just had my first post-patch crash. Before even getting into my first post-patch game.

On PS4, I was trying to play as New Zealand Vs Ireland in a Five5, just to test it out. I didn't like the New Zealand Line-up on Other (Five5 Line-up type) and made some changes. That was actually working, so I was kind of pleased with that. Then I was about to click through the Ireland Line-up and play, but I noticed it was no longer Ireland, it was Western Australia. I wondered what had happened there, so went back a page and then back in, I was now apparently playing Australia, so then I backed out to my opponent selection screen. Despite going back through a large screen displaying Cricket Ireland, it now had Australia as the team on the list highlighted, so I attempted to move it down to Ireland. At that point the game crashed.

I submitted a report straight away. Will try and get that clip sorted too.

Edit: I can't seem to find the clip of the last 15 minutes of my PS4 footage, which is annoying. Perhaps when you submit a report, it slowly uploads that too?

Last edited:

Thehairygamer

Club Cricketer
So you too are suggesting there's no content on the academy? If it works in some other fashion, as I've asked @SnowyCasanova to do, please educate me!

If I can try to explain it a little clearer... The "Get Best" function is meant to get the best teams linked to on disk teams. While some of those have been made and can be downloaded on their own, not all of them have. For example the teams in the Bangladesh domestic sides have no community created teams to match with ,so "Get Best" won't work. It will only work if every team has a linked team to download.

R

Royce

If I can try to explain it a little clearer... The "Get Best" function is meant to get the best teams linked to on disk teams. While some of those have been made and can be downloaded on their own, not all of them have. For example the teams in the Bangladesh domestic sides have no community created teams to match with ,so "Get Best" won't work. It will only work if every team has a linked team to download.

Thanks :) Seems like quite a clunky system though! Surely they could have designed it to download all the ones that are available and ignore the gaps???

Rohit Basu

Banned
Not
Cool, an update!
Nothing muchin that update I noticed a difference in line selection, the feilders are running bit faster, and the bowls speed had increased a bit while bowling.... Nothing on 360 degree batting and backfoot shots are terrible

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Maybe Big Ant should put a pop-up message in there so people who try to use Get Best, instead if it just not working or crashing, get an option saying - 'Not all in-game teams are currently available in the community. Please select to proceed:

- Download best-rated version of all available teams
- Select best-rated teams by league
- Select best-rated teams individually
- Download teams manually (return to menu)'

Might stop people complaining about it?

Thanks :) Seems like quite a clunky system though! Surely they could have designed it to download all the ones that are available and ignore the gaps???

People would probably just complain - "I used Get Best and it didn't even download all the teams!!! LOL, what a joke, I want my money back, etc, etc, etc..."

angad

Chairman of Consent
He means the second patch! Just downloaded on ps4!

Shubham Arora

Club Cricketer
Is the crashing a ps4 thing? I have had no crashes on xb1.

Also playing a test match at the moment.

0 / 54 after 17 overs. Renshaw and warner knocking it around. Only one boundary for warner.

Love it!!!

I've been playing all my test matches at SCG till the time we get all teams ready for me to get ready for the career mode. Currently, playing as NZ in a NZ vs SA day night test and despite a few minor bugs here and there, it's an absolute beauty under the lights. Trailing by 107 runs in my second innings, I am currently at 30 runs for 2 wickets (lost Kane Williamson to a run out trying to take a quick single, as everybody pointed out singles are readily available for every shot :|). Hoping to knock the lead off and give SA a total to chase :D

Users who are viewing this thread