New Zealand in Sri Lanka Oct - Nov 2012/13

malik

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys i want to know one thing Is martin guptill in the squad for t20 that is on oct 30th..???
Please reply soon....

Mike23

Associate Cricketer
Guys i want to know one thing Is martin guptill in the squad for t20 that is on oct 30th..???
Please reply soon....
Based on cricinfo he will not be taking part in the shorter formats only being included for the test series.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The New Zealand squads on the first post should be correct, tell me if they're not and I'll fix them.

ferg512

International Coach
Who were the idiots that scheduled the series for this time of year in Sri Lanka? They'd be better off moving the series here tbh, we've had decent weather lately.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Poor little McCullum has a stiff lower back, so our batting looks absolute rubbish:

RJ Nicol, TWM Latham, LRPL Taylor*, KS Williamson, JEC Franklin, BJ Watling?, NL McCullum, AM Ellis, KD Mills, TG Southee, TA Boult

Other than Taylor I'm not really sure where they're expecting to get any runs from, maybe Williamson or Franklin on a good day, but other than that I can see us getting rolled pretty cheaply.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Well, if the rain persists, you might not even have to play a game. :D

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
A good partnership between Watling and Nicol but i think they were a bit slow.They should have had scored at least 10-15 more runs in that time because they had lost only one wicket till the 26th over.Still NZL can get 250 runs which can a fighting total

Last edited:

ferg512

International Coach
No one wants to sponsor us, haha.

Haha yeah I thought it was strange seeing the jersey so empty like that. Happy Watling got some runs, couldn't really care less about the results of this series tbh, if we are resting guys like Bracewell and Guptill its clear we aren't really trying to win anyway.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Haha yeah I thought it was strange seeing the jersey so empty like that. Happy Watling got some runs, couldn't really care less about the results of this series tbh, if we are resting guys like Bracewell and Guptill its clear we aren't really trying to win anyway.

Before anything changes we just need a full clean-out. Watling proved that the talent's there, and that we don't need the likes of McCullum. If he's not going to play when he's got a sore back, then he shouldn't be over there representing his country. I watched Sir Richie play most of the Rugby World Cup on one leg, and he never complained once. Our cricketers just have it so easy. Pay them on how many runs they score, and then there's bound to be an improvement.

Tbh I actually really liked the look of our team playing yesterday (except Williamson batting at 6/7), and I think we should beat that Sri Lankan team comfortably. They have Mathews bowling 1st change and batting at 5, sure he's a good player, but that shows that they do have some massive weaknesses despite their big 4/5 players. Our bowling attack was put in a position when Sri Lanka were 3 down where they should get the job done, but for whatever reason they couldn't.

Bracewell's not really resting btw, he was pretty much dropped from the limited overs stuff because he hasn't been any good at it. He's back here playing domestic cricket in preparation for the tests which I actually really like, and the likes of Williamson should be doing that as well since he's just a waste of space batting at 6/7 in limited overs cricket.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They should just play Williamson at 3 where he's supposed to be

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Wow, I absolutely snored through this series. So did everyone else by the looks of it - there were more posts before the series began than during it! BJ Watling's rise seems to be about the only thing of note that's happened.

Hopefully the weather is a lot better for the Tests...

Users who are viewing this thread