New Zealand tour of Sri Lanka, 2009

Chandimal must love playing against us lol. What a start to his FC career. Hopefully we can get a decent bat in the second innings.

Main problem is our top 3 still if they can just some how make another 100 runs between them which shouldn't be that hard our scores of 250-300 suddenly become 350-400 which will make a huge difference. Our bowlers and middle order look solid we just lack a good top 3 right now. Guptill will probably come good with time but right now he has not done much in the longer game. I don't think Flynn will ever be a world class batsman but hes the best we have right now at number 3. As for the other opener I think we just need to hope someone comes a long at some stage and fills the spot. Because all our options there right now are just rubbish.

1. Guptill
3. Flynn
4. Taylor
5. Ryder
6. McCullum

Its funny how one position can really screw us up.

Main problem is our top 3 still if they can just some how make another 100 runs between them which shouldn't be that hard our scores of 250-300 suddenly become 350-400 which will make a huge difference. Our bowlers and middle order look solid we just lack a good top 3 right now. Guptill will probably come good with time but right now he has not done much in the longer game. I don't think Flynn will ever be a world class batsman but hes the best we have right now at number 3. As for the other opener I think we just need to hope someone comes a long at some stage and fills the spot. Because all our options there right now are just rubbish.

BJ Watling will play for the Blackcaps within six months, he'll fix the other opening position. I don't really rate Flynn either tbh, he's only had one decent season for ND. I think we'll see our test line-up look something like this when Australia visit us next year.

1.Watling
2.Guptill
3.Flynn
4.Taylor
5.Ryder
6.McCullum
7.Franklin

It's a fairly young top six so it would give us time to develop.

Then we would have player's like Myburgh and Williamson waiting to get there shot if the middle order doesn't fire.

Last edited:
What a surprise one of our openers is already out.

Guppy gone early for a quick 20. Hopefully someone today goes on and makes 100, we've had way too many starts not to get at least one.

watch out for chandimal. 19 year old have the gift. and he is a wild sricker of the ball. and what a start

Taylor and McIntosh just brought up there 50 run partnership, McIntosh has scored 12 of them :laugh

He's going well though, but he has to show us he can go on and make a big score. There's no point facing 120 odd balls and getting out for 30.

Yea Cumming's rubbish, he's had his chances in the past and he hasn't made the most of them.

Taylor and McIntosh just brought up there 50 run partnership, McIntosh has scored 12 of them :laugh

He's going well though, but he has to show us he can go on and make a big score. There's no point facing 120 odd balls and getting out for 30.

Yea Cumming's rubbish, he's had his chances in the past and he hasn't made the most of them.

30 off 120 is better than 20 off 15 balls like Guptill got.

30 off 120 is better than 20 off 15 balls like Guptill got.

30 of 120 balls isn't gong to win you any games though is it?

Anyway McIntosh is already out, 43 of 137 balls. He has to go on with slow starts like that.

Top 3 all getting in and then getting out as I said before they are the main problem and are just lucky there is no one else good enough at the moment to claim a spot. We are going to lose this test series and lose it badly unless they step up.

30 of 120 balls isn't gong to win you any games though is it?

Anyway McIntosh is already out, 43 of 137 balls. He has to go on with slow starts like that.

It isn't obviously, but its better than what he's been dishing out lately. It also does give a good platform for the like of Ryder, Taylor and McCullum to be aggressive. Like two of them have so far.

Users who are viewing this thread