Story New Zealands Tour of England < Updated with Englands Innings!>

New Zealand's 1st Innings

New Zealand got off to a very average start losing Aaron Redmond for just 1 in his test debut, Bowled off stump by Jimmy Anderson. After losing that first wicket with only 4 runs on the board New Zealand regained some composure and began to settle in with Jamie How and James Marshall at the crease, they put on 40 before How was caught by Bell off the dangerous Ryan Sidebottam. It was Ross Taylor who came in after the loss of How, Taylor never looked comfortable at the crease and that shone through brightly when he was judged lbw off Sidebottam. The wickets are beginning to fall at a steady rate at Lords as just one run later Sidebottam claimed his third victim which was James Marshall who was looking very good at the crease he was caught by the skipper Michael Vaughan for 35. New Zealand are now 4/71 and in a bit of trouble. It was then when McCullum stepped into the arena after a scratchy start McCullum eased into some rhythm and was looking very good, he brought his 50 with a boundry in typical McCullum fashion, though it was a very slow innings in his standards getting his 53 from 112 balls with 3 fours and one six, after reaching that score of 53 he couldn't add anything more to the total as he was bowled by Jimmy Anderson the next ball after reaching his milestone. Daniel Flynn on Debut batted well for his 30 eventually becoming Sidebottam's fourth victom caught by his fellow opening bowler Anderson. This now meant the two batsman in were Jacob oram and Daniel Vettori they came together with the score at 6-162 Oram was finally given out lbw to the bowling of Panesar for 66 the score was 295, Oram and Vettori's partnership of 133 saved New Zealand's Innings as they were looking destined to crash out for a low total on this good Lords Pitch. Only 3 runs after Orams downfall the captain was run out after top scoring with 76. Stuart Broad picked up his first wicket for the innings after getting kyle Mills for a duck after he was caught by sidebottam. Tim southee showed some fight getting 21 useful runs until he was judged lbw of Panesar, the not out batsman at the end of the innings was Chris Martin who was on 4

New Zealands Innings eventually coming to a close on 336 40 minutes into the 2nd's days play

Thank you to anyone that read all that and sorry if the pictures took ages to load

New Zealand haven't got a bad total there really, England may struggle to get that total.

Fantastic graphics and an excellent read, Kepp up the good work Jimmy! :)

Well that was a good score in the end by the Kiwis. England will have to bat well and not let wickets collapse.

Great works Jimmy! Keep up the great graphics work!

I liked it how you had the whole innings in one post. Did have any suspensful moments :p. I think that the game is fairly balanced at the moment. I also liked how you put Michael Holding next to the in-game players. Good start! :)

Yep, i have totally updated my roster for NZ and England, to get it you'll have to download Black Magics IPL patch (i did it for that), also http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1052196&postcount=216 pretty sure thats were i got these kits

Wow, thanks alot man, you've really put in some quality work for the downloads section. The stories coming along very nicely as well, one piece of advice though, possibly try adding a scorecard at the end of the innings, makes it alot easier to see who got what, and who got the wickets. I think it'd massively aid your story. It's a cracking start, hope you keep it up :D

I have to say that presentation is awesome! Great batting from mccullum, oram and vettori - saved NZ somewhat there! :D Keep it up!

Best story allround on the boards atm, great stuff and kutgw :clap

Your graphics and actual writing are top class. However you need to make your text bigger and use paragraphs to make it easier to read as the actual writing is of a high quality.

KUTGW and I hope you take on board what I have said as constructive and not having a go :)

Users who are viewing this thread