NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

aussie1st said:
Lol no they aren't. Thats when the Anzac test is on. We play on Saturday against our favourite club the Eels. We always lift against them. That will be live on foxsports which is good, just hope it doesn't clash with the Tahs or Brumbies super 14 game.

The only reason they lift against in the Eels is because half their side played for the Eels at some point in their career. Actually half the players playing in the NRL have played for the Eels. Makes you think how much of a people person Brian Smith really is.

It's just typical that this thread is taken over by a bunch of narrowminded ******s saying how much better Aussie Rules is. Just let it go, they are both sports. Both require plenty of skill to play at the level they do. If you don't like it then don't comment.

The Eels have let go of some talent. Especially Schifcofske, hes been one of our best over the years. It seems like Manly are now full of ex raiders. Lots of ex Raiders are over there these days.

aussie1st said:
The Eels have let go of some talent. Especially Schifcofske, hes been one of our best over the years. It seems like Manly are now full of ex raiders. Lots of ex Raiders are over there these days.

Ok, I won't comment on yor English, seeing as his last name is Polish or something, but very poor attempt :p (I'm not actually gonna try it :))
But yeah, when I was like 8 and followed the Eels, he was probably my favourite and in him, the Eels let a significant talent go; he's versatile and covers the backline well, along with a decent kicking game. Don't forget Hodgson either, he was a developing player in his Parra experience and has really matured into a class fullback these days.

Lol my English is bad but I don't spell players names wrong :) (Go google it ;))

Sharks hammered the Panthers, Panthers have falled apart lately. They had an awesome start then the Raiders came along and started this rot.

aussie1st said:
Yeh i agree manly get alot of players from otehr clubs eg Matt Orford etc

Bell as well, they were thinking of getting Lyon and were well on their way too but that seems to have died down. They are just like those Roosters, buy an NRL title.

aussie1st said:
Bell as well, they were thinking of getting Lyon and were well on their way too but that seems to have died down. They are just like those Roosters, buy an NRL title.
There probably even thinking about getting Gasnier to try stop him from going to Rugby Union

I don't think they got any cash left after Orford and Bell. Only the Dragons have any chance as 700,000 ain't going to be offered by any NRL club.

Woohoo! Sharkies win! Dragons next week going to be a beauty!

aussie1st said:
I don't think they got any cash left after Orford and Bell. Only the Dragons have any chance as 700,000 ain't going to be offered by any NRL club.
Tru unless they want to breach the salary cap like the warriors did :p

aussie1st said:
Lol my English is bad but I don't spell players names wrong :) (Go google it ;))

Sharks hammered the Panthers, Panthers have falled apart lately. They had an awesome start then the Raiders came along and started this rot.

:eek:! My apologies, he does have a retarded name, sorry for the false accusations. :( :p
A crushing win for the Sharks; their confidence is progressively building....

Last edited:
Well it's early in the season so the Sharks may fall away come round 26. You just have to look at the Panthers and Knights. Both were going fine early on now they are in a slump.

My Raiders are actually in the 8 but with the Broncos away tonight I can't see us winning. Not with our halfback Withers! I wish we would fast track Zillman and Carney.

The only reason why Newcastle have fallen away is because Johns has been out injured. They are a 1 man team.

I hope Gasnier disappears I'm sick of hearing about him, he is only any good 20 metres from the try line.

No doubt about that from the Knights they always have been a one person team. It's basically a known fact hence the reason the bookies keep suspending bets with rumour about him playing or not.

Good to know us Raiders aren't a one man team :p

Yeh I agree hes only good around 20 metres from the try line.

Go the broncos!

Users who are viewing this thread