NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

aussie1st said:
Good to know us Raiders aren't a one man team :p

Yes, I prefer to think of them as a 'no-man' team :p
With Gasnier, I disagree, he's not just effective 20 metres out, he holds his position well and covers the ground even better. But I'm with you on the fact that the transfer controversy is getting pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Dam it, stupid Raiders lost when they were 18-0 up. WTF is going on with my team :( We even scored 28 points and still lost.

My comments about Gasnier are just going by what I've seen of him. I still remember watching Eels vs Dragons game and they swapped Ben Smith over the mark Gasnier and Smith made Gasnier look absolutely ordinary.

I guess I just get sick of players who get all the credit for a win when they score a try, that a 2 year old would of scored, just because of their reputation. Not the players faults though.

Also can't wait for Parra vs Manly, the finals game from last season was great. Terry Hill revived the hatred last season.

Ross out probably out for the season :crying :eek: I hope he comes back :upray.

Panthers season just gets worse and worse. What more next year they have got Elliott as coach. I feel sorry for you guys.

At the beginning of the year I thought that the Panters were going to be a bit of a dark horse. When they dealt to the Eels I thought that I might just be right. But the last couple of weeks have been awful for them. They've got most of the ingredients for a successful team, good hooker, halfs and fullback. They've also got a pretty good forward pack and a top coach. While they aren't as strong as they were when they won the comp a couple of years ago I thought they'd still be right up there.

Anyway, go the Warriers this arvo. Hopefully they'll smash the Puppies.

aussie1st said:
Dam it, stupid Raiders lost when they were 18-0 up. WTF is going on with my team :( We even scored 28 points and still lost.
Broncos are just to good :D

Yeah but the Broncos are always good at this time of the season. Will they be able to step up at the business end of the season this year?

Doggies were just too big and strong for the Warriers. Wore them down in the end. The warriers looked lost when Price went off.
The try on halftime was crucial too. If Webb hadn't been offside a few minutes earlier it might have been a different story.

Brett_Lee said:
Broncos are just to good :D

Lol beating the wooden spoon favourites by 2 points suggest otherwise ;) The Bulldogs killed us, the Knights murdered us but the Broncos were extremely lucky :) Looks like the Broncos won't be winning the title this year :p

Eels lose to Manly in what should have been a comfortable victory following a dominant start. 23-22 was the final score, but Parra, at one stage before half-time, had scored 16 unanswered points but fell to some determined, yet creative, Manly play and were possibly struck by complacency after taking the early lead. Not a great season so far for them, they've fallen apart far too often, and it's not shaping up to be an ideal farewell for Brian Smith...

Glad Roosters won and Eels lost :D.

In other news I am disappointed that Hunt gets the Fullback job whe Bowen has been brilliant for the Cowboys!

Disappointed Hunt got picked in front of players like (in no order) Wesser, Schifocske, McKinnon, Bowen, Hodgson to name a few... in fact every fullback in the game should of been picked ahead of Hunt. The best option would have been to throw Lockyer in at fullback (by far his best position) and possibly play Thurston in at 5/8th and then have Bowen on the bench.

I'd rather have Inglis at fullback than Hunt. Bowen should have got the gig no question. Thurston should be starting at 5/8 as Lockyer hasn't been the form 5/8 in the comp. Can't really move him to fullback either as hes not the form fullback.

Lockyer's one of the best players of the modern era- he's a pretty versatile player and can adapt easily, form is temporary, so resuming his old role of fullback wouldn't have posed too many problems. Bowen's a class performer, and I agree, it would've been a better option to put him on the sidelines with Thurston coming in at 5/8.
EDIT: Well, I hear Jamie Lyons is set to make a return to the Eels after his stint in the English League- his presence will really boost the team environment, and his talent will go a long way in strengthening the centres.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread