NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

Tahu really could have caught that ball but he was probably scared that he might knock on or drop it as there were quite a few players around him.

Johns was outstanding from the sidelines, Kiwis were really strong early on but probably put too much effort, they fed Australia 2 tries right at the end and Kennedy took an amasing conversion.

But still my night was wrecked half way through the night when people spoil it!

I'm sure I've seen that game before. Every ANZAC seems to end up just like that one did. The Kiwis come out with plenty of fire and compete for the first twenty. Then they just hang on for the next twenty and then in the second half they get run over. Great effort from the Aussies, they looked twice the team they did in the tri nations last year.
Sonny Bill and Benji were no where near ready for test match footy. Unfortunately we don't really have the class players to pick instead. Hopefully we'll do better at the end of year when the Aussie players are all worn out and looking forward to the end of the season.

The thing that the Kiwis was missing was Stacey Jones. He was the difference in the Tri Nations. Thomas L is too inconsistent to lead the Kiwis around and Benji's kicking game isn't what he is known for.

Yep, the Kiwis really fell apart in the middle stages, although they didn't look to dictate play early on either. That's the only way you can compete with Australia- try and send a dominant message out as early as possible to stay on the front foot, and that's how they approached it in last year's Tri-Nations. True, Jones' authority at halfback was the difference to the Kiwi set-up as he lead from the front, and that absence was evident last night. Jones' kicking game was creative, and burdening an injured Marshall wasn't ideal, but there was little choice. Anyway, Australia back to their ruthless best with, as expected, Lockyer slotting in well with his former position at fullback. A fitting farewell to representative League for Andrew Johns, though.

and it was also Ben Kennedy's last int'l i believe.

Good win for the Australians, revenge is sweet and even though NZ won that tri-nations in the UK last year Australia are still the world champions, and everyone knows it.

genghis_khan said:
and it was also Ben Kennedy's last int'l i believe.

Yes, but nobody cares about him! :p
Nah, he's been a class performer in the forwards for years, so it's good to see him finish off on a positive note.

genghis_khan said:
Good win for the Australians, revenge is sweet and even though NZ won that tri-nations in the UK last year Australia are still the world champions, and everyone knows it.

Yeah, they're the undisputed champions of RL, but I dunno about on the world stage- there's only like two other countries that are half-decent at the sport :D

Need I remind you BK is another ex Raider :)

Back into the NRL we go, too bad the Raiders game is scheduled on the wrong time with the Super 14 also going on. :(

Kennedy may even play origin but chances are small.

Raiders won't win so no need to worry :D

What did you say ILoveGilly? ;) The Raiders always lift against the Eels, this time it became a thrashing. Eels aren't that great this year anyway, only 2 wins all season.

I'm shocked! The Raiders won!

Can't wait for the Sharks game! I am going.

Todays Fixtures...

Knights vs Broncos - Energy Australia Stadium
Roosters vs Bulldogs - Aussie Stadium
Tigers vs Sea Eagles - Liechardt Oval
Sharks vs Dragons - Toyota Park

Left_Hander said:
I'm shocked! The Raiders won!

Can't wait for the Sharks game! I am going.

No need to be shocked cause the Mighty Green Machine is sitting pretty on 10 points :p We're back, Jason Smith and Schifcofske are back to their best!

aussie1st said:
No need to be shocked cause the Mighty Green Machine is sitting pretty on 10 points :p We're back, Jason Smith and Schifcofske are back to their best!
They got a good game next week to against the sharks

Can't believe Rabbitohs wasted there chance at winning after having such a good lead.

Going to be some interesting games today too.

Users who are viewing this thread