NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

Sharks are looking in good form. So much for the Dragons being favourites to win the comp. Bulldogs won in an upset against the Roosters although those games are always hard to pick.

Yeh, they sure were :(. The only NSW team you don't support :p.

Eels really need to win to get there season back on track or there series will be over in a few weeks. Cowboys and Storms looking like strong favorites for premiership.

My NSW team would be the Dogs.

Just saw County and City teams. Dam Country sucks big time. Worst team I've seen, even the Raiders could beat it! Tongue should have got in Country, hes been awesome for us.

O yeh, City vs. Country tonight.

Looks like it will either be;

1) A flogging too City
2) A close game and City wins :D

I'll be waiting to the big game arrives :) Too bad the TV boardcasters shoved us giving us the dam delayed coverage.

An upset by Country but it looked like a borefest. The selectors for NSW said they got nothing out of the game, thank god no Raider players were wasted in this game.
The halves for NSW is going to be a massive problem. Finch was the best but his kicking is wayward. Orford, Ansta and Gower didn't control the game and I can't see them controlling it against Queensland either.

If only Zillman was getting more game time at the Raiders as he could solve the halfback problem ;)

aussie1st said:
An upset by Country but it looked like a borefest. The selectors for NSW said they got nothing out of the game, thank god no Raider players were wasted in this game.
The halves for NSW is going to be a massive problem. Finch was the best but his kicking is wayward. Orford, Ansta and Gower didn't control the game and I can't see them controlling it against Queensland either.

If only Zillman was getting more game time at the Raiders as he could solve the halfback problem ;)

Yep, so true. I feel asleep at 10pm which is normally about 2 hours to when I usually sleep :D Can't believe the score was only 12-10...

I think that the halfback will not be Anasta or Finch, didn't play well at all IMO and struggled to find their game.

There were way to many errors for my liking and both teams struggled to gain momentum.

Glad the Roosters have the bye too because we had a hell of a lot of players playing.

Yup, terrible game, didn't watch alot of it, but I got the idea. As you said, both sides struggled to take the initiative or play an exciting brand of football, didn't dictate play or respond well. Orford would have the edge over the Anasta/Finch in my opinion, not based on last night's events though. He's a more creative type of halfback, looking for opportunities to receive the ball and to impose himself upon the game. Not that the other two don't do this at all, but still...

Storm are going great guns, top of the table and a dam exciting backline. Inglis is a real star in the making and probably will get the Queensland fullback spot with his form at worst a wing spot.

Brisbane smashed Manly, seems like paying all that cash for Orford sure hasn't paid off.

Wow, Storms are on fire. Don't think Manly stand a chance against a Storm as they lost to the Broncos. I hope the Panthers show some kind of a fight so that the Roosters actually stand a chance in 2 weeks :D

Is it me or does the Titans look like they'll be the new hated team next year? They seem to buy more players than the Roosters + Rabbitohs together!

Lol Rabbitohs and buying players, never thought I would see the two put together. Roosters I can understand they are the Chelsea of the NRL. Too bad all their buying isn't paying off.

Titans need to buy players though, it's a bit much asking 17 guys with no experience play in the NRL.

Think about it, Rabbitohs do buy players.

To what I know about the Roosters, they only have 3 junior grades now and Roosters hardly get any money to play with to recruit as Rabbitohs has all the juniors.

Rabbitohs can't attract players though. They have lost more than they have gained. They tried for Anasta last year on lost, they lost Harrisson both of who are at the Roosters.
All they have done is buy players that aren't wanted by their old club no harm in that especially when most of the juniors from Souths go to the Roosters.

I don't think that the Roosters have that many options now anyway.
Low on clubs, low on money to invest and losing players in the junior sides.

They will always have money, it just depends on results. If they start becoming a crap side the players will start leaving and players won't move there. Right now they probably could attract more players and with the cap moving to 4mill thats even more money for them to spend.

Users who are viewing this thread